[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 02:19:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Why is that ? Lol

I tried to play that video and I keep getting a pop up right when the writing gets on the screen so I never get to see what it said.  Sad Sad

Here is a transcript of the conversation Smiley
read to the END Sad

When it comes to archaeological expeditions or even adventure stories like the Indiana Jones series, the crème de la crème is the discovery of buried treasure. Vast hoards of lost gold and priceless artifacts are rumored to be hidden under the sea or buried away in secretive caches around the world, and many wide-eyed adventurers spend their lives (and fortunes) hunting them down. While most of these searches come to naught, some surprising archaeological news out of Germany shows that sometimes, stores of buried treasures really are found just under our feet.The treasure was found among the ruins of Heuneburg, a prehistoric fort situated on a hill beside the Danube River. Heuneburg was a Celtic city-state believed to have been founded in the sixth century B.C., and was even written about by the legendary Greek historian Herodotus. Interest in excavating this site was kindled in 2005 after a farmer’s accidental discovery of a child’s gold brooch while plowing. Twelve years later, the largest discovery at this site has revealed much, much more gold – and a host of mysteries.The treasure surrounded the tomb of a woman believed to have died in her 30s or 40s who was likely a member of the ancient Celtic equivalent of an aristocrat. The construction of her tomb has been dated to approximately 583 B.C. Another grave was discovered at the foot of the seemingly wealthy woman, but this grave was much more sparsely adorned. This fact could indicate that the second grave belongs to a servant, buried along with her mistress. Hope that was in the job description.Surrounding the primary grave was a vast stash of loot including gold, bronze, and amber jewelry, furs, ornaments, and leather goods. The tomb contained petrified sea creatures, a find which researchers believe might indicate the woman was some sort of priestess or magic woman.Archaeologists also uncovered a set of mysterious boxwood objects, the nature of which is still unknown.Unfortunately, no evil spirits or ancient undead beings were loosed during excavation. Better luck next time.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65551.msg320022.html#msg320022

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 02:40:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for that, very interesting read, I must admit I have known some weird stuff and seen things that I can't explain, things that I make light of that I wish I could unsee,

If there are such dangers surrounding these things I don't know why people don't keep well enough away.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65551.msg320023.html#msg320023

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: