[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline joe90Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Morocco
Referrals: 0

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dfx-e-series   fisher f2   chinease goldsomthin
« on: September 23, 2009, 04:55:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi all,

so ive ended up in morocco with incredible stories all around me, its like im attracting them.

my first day working out how to post a message or ask Huh??s

people tell me that the jinn (i think these are spirits) look after treasure after it has been in the ground a long time,   they are evil and you have to take a holy man with you to say the correct words to confuse? or dissorientate or whatever. Wise Amen Pray
im confused and dissorientated as well Cheesy Grin Idiot Crazy
but im open to learning new things Teach,  anything to get to some treasure Wink

what have you heard about Morocco?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?? Kiss

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8163.msg51138.html#msg51138

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 05:05:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well, I haven't heared any stories about Maroco yet so I hope you can come up with some good ones!

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8163.msg51142.html#msg51142

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 12:50:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by joe90
hi all,

so ive ended up in morocco with incredible stories all around me, its like im attracting them.

my first day working out how to post a message or ask Huh??s

people tell me that the jinn (i think these are spirits) look after treasure after it has been in the ground a long time,   they are evil and you have to take a holy man with you to say the correct words to confuse? or dissorientate or whatever. Wise Amen Pray
im confused and dissorientated as well Cheesy Grin Idiot Crazy
but im open to learning new things Teach,  anything to get to some treasure Wink

what have you heard about Morocco?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?? Kiss

I have to ask you, jokingly, where have you been that you dont know about Jinn, remember the Genie in the bottle... a Genie is a Jinn or Djinn. They can be bad  folk, they are minor devils.

This belief that things gone back to the earth should remain in the earth, is a common thread around the world, among Mongols, Northern natives, in Canada. You can try making offerings, as this is visible and its the locals that have this belief that could cause more harm than the Djinn. You have heard about the mastodon findings, in Siberia, I expect, well, the local natives do not like the thought of them possibly roaming the land again, they are dead and buried (gone back to the earth) and should stay that way.

Locally (Northern BC Canada,) the Dene, like at a barbecue, for instance, will heap a plate with food and put it in the fire, for the ancestors and other spirits, others will pour an offering of coffee, tea, liquor, on the ground for the same reason. They have much the same belief as the Mongols. When in Morocco do as the Moroccans do.

If it helps to appeal to the local religious person, in authority, get him to apply the prayers/spells to your detector, to keep the Djinn in the ground. Nothing like a little insurance.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8163.msg51409.html#msg51409

goldigger

Offline joe90Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Morocco

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dfx-e-series   fisher f2   chinease goldsomthin
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 08:43:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

thx for your reply, im going to research them a little more.
great idea on getting him to put prayers/spells on my detector, im definitely doing that.
it was very weird but the next day after posting i was driving by my friends house and he was standing outside, i waved to him and he beconned me over, he said what i thought was - the religious guy was in town centre, lets go see him. he then actually walked of and came back with the guy who needed a lift to the centre! i should tell you guys i dont speak arabic or french!!!!!!!!! a word here or there just!! my wife is moroccan so is my translater,  shes getting fed up with it now.
he said we were going to a site on sat but it actually had the mother of all thunder storms so didnt go.
ihave been told about people who didnt do the prayers and dug up bags which contained snail shells. also another was a pit full of shells which would have been kilos and kilos of gold?

the first time i went with the religious guy i had so much interference i was startin to believe the jinn were doing somthing to my machine, i found a small signal and not wanting to dissapoint said their maybe somthing here so before they dug he came over with a like small paving slab with a hole in the middle and rope tied. he kind of swayed it above, i thought he was also kind of detecting but thinking right now about what i just wrote maybe he was making sure it didnt turn to snail shells (hadnt thought about it that way, i thought he thought he had a dtector !!! lol  )

sorry its so long ill go now,

anyone recomend a good book, i saw some on amazon about turtles or signs, website treasure university has good info, is that book any good, says people buried treasure 5 foot 7!! any truth, whos found stuff 5foot 7.

ooopps still here, getting toooo excited, must stop

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8163.msg51762.html#msg51762

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:54:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Treasure signs are almost always quite original and made that way by the person who buried the treasure. They don't normally use books of treasure signs to make a map. Instead they rely on signs that have meaning to the people for whom they are leaving the treasure. Think about it. Why bury a treasure knowing or suspecting that neither you or your family will ever come back for it and then give clues to anyone who finds your treasure signs? It makes no sense to do that. What you would do is make the signs so that those who are most likely to recover your treasure are able to find it.

There really are no such books with universal treasure signs in them. Anyone who writes one purporting it to be a genuine decoder for treasure maps is selling you a monkey's tail on a string. Even if they did manage to decode any particular treasure map, what do you suppose that means? Yep. They found that treasure and other maps using other codes are still a mystery as to their location.

There are a few common things that come to mind when trying to locate a treasure. You can sit down with an adult beverage in your favorite easy chair and come up with most of them. A cross can mean the location of a treasure or a sign of where to find the next sign and so forth. A skull can mean a dangerous place or a rock that looks like a skull. See what I mean? Use your own imagination. It's much more powerful than you think and as accurate as any book or sheet of treasure signs.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8163.msg51827.html#msg51827

« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 03:57:07 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 01:47:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by joe90
thx for your reply, im going to research them a little more.
great idea on getting him to put prayers/spells on my detector, im definitely doing that.
it was very weird but the next day after posting i was driving by my friends house and he was standing outside, i waved to him and he beconned me over, he said what i thought was - the religious guy was in town centre, lets go see him. he then actually walked of and came back with the guy who needed a lift to the centre! i should tell you guys i dont speak arabic or french!!!!!!!!! a word here or there just!! my wife is moroccan so is my translater,  shes getting fed up with it now.
he said we were going to a site on sat but it actually had the mother of all thunder storms so didnt go.
ihave been told about people who didnt do the prayers and dug up bags which contained snail shells. also another was a pit full of shells which would have been kilos and kilos of gold?

the first time i went with the religious guy i had so much interference i was startin to believe the jinn were doing somthing to my machine, i found a small signal and not wanting to dissapoint said their maybe somthing here so before they dug he came over with a like small paving slab with a hole in the middle and rope tied. he kind of swayed it above, i thought he was also kind of detecting but thinking right now about what i just wrote maybe he was making sure it didnt turn to snail shells (hadnt thought about it that way, i thought he thought he had a dtector !!! lol  )

sorry its so long ill go now,

anyone recomend a good book, i saw some on amazon about turtles or signs, website treasure university has good info, is that book any good, says people buried treasure 5 foot 7!! any truth, whos found stuff 5foot 7.

ooopps still here, getting toooo excited, must stop

SHELLS! That is interesting.... Some Moroccans may not be far from Gwamba Voodoo, beware! If they are devout Muslim, they should not believe in Infidel magic.  The *hole-y* stone may be a method of skrying, or dowsing, much discussed, previously on this forum, some people do well with it, but some never make it work.

Maybe that was his way of *blessing* the spot. Interesting that you should get interference.

I wonder how well I might do with my creole French? (M?tis or Michif.) It is not *good* French, but not too bad.  Shocked

Treasure signs, as GoldDigger1950 says is a matter of relevancy, its what is understood locally of tribally.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8163.msg52163.html#msg52163

goldigger

Offline segersjan
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Morocco

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ctx 3030
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 06:17:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi , everything ok.

Are you not scare that the cops of morocco will take you re metal detector and take you in jail.

Or does the law allow you to detect in beaches.

I would like to hear you opinion.

Regards,

Jan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8163.msg252480.html#msg252480

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: