[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline JacksonTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

586.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

GMT
« on: September 22, 2006, 02:59:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

From Seekers of Gold by Daryl Friesen

Wanting to learn more about his discovery Boileau went to the Vancouver Library and began pouring over records of crashed airplanes. As the story goes there was a Mitchell B-25 bomber that was used after the war to haul military cargo from one point to another in Canada. Well, one went down on its approach to Vancouver and it was carrying some fairly expensive cargo. Eight hundred thousand dollars in cash in order to pay the armed forces personnel on the west coast and a further eight thousand dollars worth of gold bullion. The story says that the aircraft has never been found.

Boileau then of course decided to go back into the canyon and try to locate the aircraft and who wouldn't with that kind of money at stake. Now the story was really starting to grab my attention. Here is what happened to Boileau when he went back to try and find the lost aircraft.

We climbed, crawled and scaled our way up first over one ridge and then another between huge boulders and across narrow ledges. This struggle continued for more than four hours when we almost made up our minds to turn back. Just at the edge of a large ice flow we rested and took some time to gaze at the mountain ridges that were still ahead of us. This location was well above the tree line and all that lay ahead of us was ice and snow.

While contemplating our next move, I noticed a sparkle of light that came from the crest of the mountain. I pointed this out to Tom and he took my rifle and looked through the scope and "voila", we had located the main body of the aircraft. I took the rifle from Tom and viewed the spot myself. Yes there it was a large wing section draped over the very top of the mountain ridge.

Turning back now was out of the question. We stepped up our pace and switch backed our way up the ice flow that laid ahead and climbed over the boulders that separated us from the downed airplane.

As we traversed the final rock obstacle it all came into view. Right at our feet laid a huge Mitchell B-25 bomber. The Canadian Air Force insignias on the wings staring us in the fact. It was quite obvious that given the condition of the aircraft that there could not possibly have been any survivors. The cockpit section was buried under some ice and snow. The remainder of the plane was completely exposed to the elements.

I took a number of photographs of the different sections of the aircraft and we began a detailed search of the wreckage. Keep in mind that we could not gain access to the main section of the fuselage because it was completely collapsed into itself. However there was no problem in surveying the rest of the wreckage.

Off to one side but very close to the main body of the aircraft was evidence of a small fire. Here we found remnants of parachutes, jackets, boots and suitcases. The rest of the aircraft was as clean and shiny as the day it ran off the assembly line.

The huge wings were broken off the fuselage and the two large engines were separated from the wings complete with propellers intact. All these mechanical parts were not scattered over a wide area but here in fact, very close together, considering the size of the aircraft and the speed that it must have been traveling when it hit the ridge.

My opinion is that the plane came down in a horizontal glide and that it did not blow apart on impact. Most of the year round the wreckage lies buried under the ice and snow and remains obscured from view. Neither the air force nor I could locate any records of this aircraft.

We found no gold or cash, but then again we were unable to gain access to the main cargo compartment of the plane, so to this day I cannot say what may still be in the wreckage.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Please Register or Login

Please Register or Login

Thanks
Jackson

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg1696.html#msg1696

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:36:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very interesting..I saw the photo of the Canadian Helo there...what was it's purpose?

DEan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg1698.html#msg1698

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 12:08:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cool story...thanks for sharring...and Welcome to THunting...Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg1709.html#msg1709

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

586.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

GMT
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 03:41:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey,

The purpose of the Canadien helicopter in one of those photos is that its what picked us up off the mountain when we crashed, that was taken as it landed. When we crashed we were within walking distance of the b25 bomber wreck as thats where we were headed when we crashed while trying to land because of a gust of wind.

Jackson

Please Register or Login

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg1740.html#msg1740

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 09:52:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

very intresting story but what happended to the gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg2656.html#msg2656

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

586.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

GMT
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 11:40:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello,

Part of the gold cargo was said to have been recovered by the goverment when the wreck site was found. However the plane was blown apart on impact and much of the cargo was scatttered throughout the canyon and some of the gold is still there. Also, some of the gold was hidden in a nearby mineshaft by those who first found the plane to keep it out of the hands of the goverment. Those who first found the plane wanted to return to the site and recover the gold themeselves.  Here is a piece of letter I recieved by someone claiming to be ex-miltary.

Hello Daryl , The B25 went down fully Loaded with Gold Bars  , the Goverment is doing a pretty good job or trying to coverup the evidence they do not want the world to know where the gold came from or what they planned to use it for, thier is so much corruption In the USA Goverment and the United Nations They have a very sinister plan against the Christians as well as the Poor Folk and they are Forcing Farmers to give up any large property's.I have personally discoverd several new prison camps in the mountains of B.C. I used a special night vision camera and recorded some pretty interesting stuff .I trust you will not spread this info around as I have had my life threatened by the Masonic Society and I have done some very intensive research the last 5 years on Goverment Corruption not only in USA but Canada as well.I now no the GOLD from the B25 is still around and there is quite a lot of it scattered in the area where the plane crashed .

Thats all for now
Daryl Friesen

Please Register or Login

www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/returnb25.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg2663.html#msg2663

Offline stringfrenzy
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

19277.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

E-Trac W/X-1 White's DFX  W/4x6 shooter/950 Eclipse/Super 12/Bigfoot/DX-1 BHID Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000             R.A.T.Phones Max
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 04:58:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very interesting story.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg2672.html#msg2672

Stringfrenzy

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 08:11:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Daryl,

thank you for the update.

I think this is a great story about lost WWII loot and it could be well possible in my oppinion that there is still gold shattered around the area of the crash.

The letter you received reminds of some of the common conspiracy treasure talk we have in Europe about lost Nazi gold.  Wink ... might be good for a movie  Wink

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg2776.html#msg2776

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 08:17:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If it wasnt discovered the gold. maybe a good chance it was washed farther down the mountain good to dream i guess

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg2777.html#msg2777

Offline Dean
Silver Member

Robin Hood was the 1st Commie
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5897.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

T2
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

I want parts of the wreck..the steering wheels..throtals ect!!!

Dean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,367.msg19728.html#msg19728

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: