[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline De Soto TriangleTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

white's eagle spectrum
« on: August 07, 2011, 06:47:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Treasure Hunting Friends,

Ever want to discover a lost 16th Century Spanish Trail, the likes of which has a portrait of itself hanging in our National Rotunda in Washington DC? How about the only relics ever found in North America with a Spanish Explorer's name on it along with dates and more. The trouble I have is knowing what to do with it after you find it? Or how to get a National Memorial to honor the very reason for their own existence in Bradenton, Florida. In 2008 I donated to the State of Florida the only archaeological evidence from De Soto's 1539 Landing ever found. Unfortunately it shed light on the wrong theory and the Museum of Florida History still keeps our kind donation locked up tighter than Ft. Knox and nobody is allowed to even know it exists. Our discovery of De Soto's 1541 crossing of the Mississippi River into Missouri somehow got dumped down an EPA superfund toxic waste repository without ever doing the required archaeological surveys. So much for the governmental agencies in charge of preserving America's rich cultural heritage unimpaired being authorized to do their own jobs. I wonder though just how much Hernando de Soto is worth? I've been told before one piece alone is more than you could ever make in a lifetime. I suppose treasure hunting doesn't get any better than that once you get past the bureaucratic incompetence. I only fear that I've discovered something our U.S. government doesn't want anybody to ever find out about and it has nothing to do with lost 16th Century footsteps. Only De Soto stepped foot in the wrong place at the wrong time. Without a doubt though these have to be the most haunted relics ever found in the New World. I wonder what you would do if you found a Spanish Explorer in your own backyard? Making the cover of Lost Treasure Magazine April 2003 was only the beginning. However, you have no idea how hard it is to rewrite the History Books after making such an historical discovery. Some very controversial theories seem to shed more light on historical truth than the mainstream popular opinions. Did De Soto actually land along the Atlantic Ocean instead of the Gulf of Mexico? Or did the Spanish Conquistador cross the Ohio River first and head north into Indiana and Illinois before reaching the Mississippi River in 1541? Imagine then finding relics with that very same year carved on them in your home town that would finally solve this historical mystery perhaps once and for all. I'm not sure but I think this is what treasure hunting is all about. I've been lucky enough to find De Soto's lost trail three times in Florida, Kentucky and Missouri. You can actually see the Soto signature on one artifact. Another piece has the burnt freshwater pearls of Lady Cofitachequi somewhat melted on it from the Battle of Mabila perhaps. Not sure what else lies buried in these sites. I stopped digging while waiting for archaeologists to show up and do what they do best. That was almost ten years ago and they still haven't showed up. Of course in Hernando left behind a great pile of gold, then that would be a different story. We do have the only gold ever found from the De Soto Expedition and it is only in the form of a few flecks from a gilt piece of copper with the Spanish Crest on it related to the Spanish Conquistador. Authentication seems to be the hardest thing I've ever encountered. Especially when most De Soto Scholars are more worried about preserving their own precious reputations and million dollar theories than could ever be gained from doing the same for historical truth. It's a treasure hunting nightmare discovering a Spanish Explorer. Treasure is where you find it. And you never know what you can dig up even in your own yard. Now if only  the State Archaeologist of Florida was authorized to put De Soto on public display and the National Parks Service was capable of allowing a National Memorial to honor their very own past then I would never have anything to complain about, eh? It makes no sense why they would take Mel Fisher all the way to the Supreme Court trying to take away his Atocha, but have nothing to say about the discovery of De Soto's 1539 Landing even though they have other artifacts from this event already in their collections and never even knew it until now. Oh, well! Give history half a chance to speak for itself and the rest will be history. Surely if the State Archaeologist has his Administration Headquarters on Site of De Soto's famous 1539 First Winter Encampment you'd think he'd be able to recognize also the historical importance of that very same date let alone remember how to spell a Spanish Explorer's name when he's looking at it under the microscopes of the FLBAR (Florida Bureau of Archaeological Research). I know I complain a lot about this subject. But if we don't stand up for our finds, sometimes history can get lost again on purpose and forgotten forever. And some people who should care think that's not such a bad idea.  Detecting  At least treasure hunters know what the meaning of 1539 or 1541 is when you dig up something with that date on it along with the words SOTO.   [amen]At least the State of Florida did have the common courtesy of calling in a Catholic Priest to bless a relic that doesn't even officially exist. If that tells you anything about the authenticity of what I donated. Otherwise why even bother? NO TREASURE HUNTING DOESN'T GET ANY MORE CONTROVERSIAL THAN THIS. Especially when you discover also, some deep dark secret our government doesn't want anybody to ever know about, mainly talking about the EPA's superfund toxic waste clean up program. What good is Spanish Treasure without a little controversy to go along with it where the laws of the land no longer apply. It is no big secret where this Spanish Explorer stepped foot. And if you ever dreamed of finding one, just go to Anastasia Island in Florida or Dexter, Kentucky and Potosi, Mo. In spite of failing to put these historical sites on the National Historic Register 16th Century Relics still litter the land in some places. Makes you almost want to go and see what else you can find? So what do you do with a Spanish Explorer after you discover him? Maybe by the year 2039 the State of Florida will realize exactly what they keep hidden in the basement of the Archaeological Lab in Tallahassee at the FMH and even if Bradenton is not the exact site of De Soto's 1539 Landing, at least they can do is welcome home their own history, eh.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26923.msg190052.html#msg190052

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 07:32:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This smells of a conspiracy theory to me. You jump from a Catholic Priest called in to bless a relic to an EPA's superfund toxic waste clean up program which I see no connection to an artifact you claim to have found. You have not said what the artifact was or why you seem to think it may have historical value. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26923.msg190057.html#msg190057

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

This post is a prime example of how a conspiracy theory  gets started. Something is found and the finder wants to rewrite history around it. When he don't get his way he starts in on the government or the archies with they all against me cry cry cry. I tried to give this guy a chance to answer some questions but he has not been back sounds like U S Alan.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26923.msg190687.html#msg190687

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Some solid evidence to back his claims would be good. He did have some valid points made, re; Mel Fisher

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26923.msg190790.html#msg190790

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: