[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline StalleyTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« on: May 05, 2009, 07:02:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Every one it is good to be back here. I was wondering if many people have detected in many parts of Queensland Australia. I find that the laws here make it very hard these days unless you can get on to private land. The goverment wants all the Money but won't give Hobby prospectors a fair go. If you go to NSW or VIC Or WA things are much better. They have areas here in Queensland that are flogged but you will with a lot of work find a few small bits. Up north it is hard to get on land unless you pay the Farmer. It is the same in SE Queensland unless you like hard rock mining. I think when people pay good money to buy items to use for there hobby the goverment should give them a better deal as they get there share of the money from our hobby. What do you people Think?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg32096.html#msg32096

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:43:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Governments and big minning companies do not like seeing the small timers having a go. Every year more and more of our freedoms are slowly be legislated out of existance.  Strange as our country was built on small time prospectors having a go! Minning companies have large tracts of land held under minning leases in all states.

Even if they do not mine they hold the rights to the mineral deposit. They see small time prospectors as violating thier mineral rights as small time thieves. Areas set aside for public prospecting has been picked clean as new metal detectors have hit the market.

Some good gold areas are up around the Palmer River Area, East of Cloncurry in the ranges.  Mt Perry region near Bundaberg. And the old gold feilds around Claremont have been yeilding good results to newer generation of metal detectors.

It should be noted that some landowners have had bad experiences with some prospectors which has made it hard for the rest of us.

I suggest you get hold of some minning topgrapical maps and some magazines that give good tips to locations currently acessable to small time prospectors.

I hope that has been of help.

Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42346.html#msg42346

Offline SVBerry
Copper Member

To hunt for treasure is to find self.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sea Hunter Mark II
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:34:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am sorry to hear your plight. I was hoping to go there because it was a new area. But you suffer from the same crap we do here in the states. I am deeply saddened that they are now areas where we can be left to our own hard work and success or unsuccessful efforts. The whole world is make it routine to push the little guy around. I wish I had an answer but I do not. Sad

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42354.html#msg42354

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 07:22:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

There are a lot of places you can hide as a small time prospector in Australia. If you are prepared to really rough it in what we call " Nugga Nugga country" There are many people called the Grey nomads that travel the length of the country.

Many are small time prospectors with a excellent network of connections to old small gold feilds scattered across the country. All chasing the dream of one day striking it big, but in fact they are already living the dream by being free as possable.

The trick is if you do find any gold you say nothing to nobody. Keep a low profile and live the dream.

Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42357.html#msg42357

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 05:39:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Hardluck.
 Thanks for yoy reply. Yes I have been up to Clearmont. You are stuck with the General prospecting Arears. I have some gold from there but It is hard work to find a bit of good ground there these days. out near cloncurry I worked on a stastin ans seen a bloke get anice 87ounce pice a frend of mine. I just haven't got to that area yet. I know the Mt Perry , Stanton Harcort,Booyal GinGin area very well I lived there most of my life. the farmer at Stanton Harcort won't let you in and it used to be a MHL he got it made freehold land and closed all the rods through there. My mate is machine mining MT shamrock area. It is manily reef gold. If you can get into Stanton Harcort there is some good spots and I have seen 3ounce nuggets there. the gold is mainly on the yellow clay I have tested it with machines and it can be to 30 ft deep. nice piced down there like split Peas.. ther is gold on private land in Booyal I have done well there but no one can get on it. The trouble is we as small prospectors using detectors need a Austrulia wide Prospectors Groupe to stan up to our week goverment and the big miners for our right to Prospect. It is suppose to be a free country but whaer is it free and fait. Gay thanks mate I live out near dalby now where do you live? Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42838.html#msg42838

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 05:44:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi SVBerry, I think if you come to Australia you need to detect in the areas known as nugett areas. Vic , Wa and nsw are about as good as you can get. there is gold to be had you just got to manage to walk onto it. NT isn't bad but the laws  tight same with Queensland. I hope you get over here and do well Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42839.html#msg42839

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 05:50:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi hard Luck, Yes I know tat there is some small places this is what I ;ook for less knowen spots. My friend done real well at a couple of these but had to do a bit od dogin to get into them. The farmers in QLD are not to good. The mins department are less use. I have given them a few talkings to but you might as well talk to the post or anyother fool in goverment. They colect there gold every payday from the tax payer. Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42842.html#msg42842

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 07:55:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Ken and Sv Berry

I am down in fat cat city ( Canberra at the moment ) trying to negotiate a deal on another project and I am getting bogged down with red tape. Politicians and public servants like taking credit when things work out. But are never there when you know what hits the fan!

Piracy is not dead! They just traded in thier eyepatch and cutluss for a mobile phone and Business suit and call them selves Lawyers. Until I finish with these sharks I do not get away as much as I LIKE.

The world seems to be changing so fast these days some times its hard to keep up. Hows Dalby these days?
It has been a long time since I have been up Mt Perry Gin Gin way. In regards to Cloncurry Area Ever hear of a Area called "Top Camp" Found some nice nuggets there in the early 90's.

I will be up Townsville on the 20th catching up on old mates that I used to prospect with. I am sad to see things have gotton so much worse. Every day I see more of our country being sold to foreign interests. They keep telling us it is the lucky country but all I See it is only Lucky for some.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42861.html#msg42861

Offline SVBerry
Copper Member

To hunt for treasure is to find self.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sea Hunter Mark II
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 08:53:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yu p, they use to call the United States the "Land of Opportunuty". Opportunity to do what? As your told by washington dc I guess. I am not going on another rant, you know how I feel. Club

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg42996.html#msg42996

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 06:29:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi hardluck, It would be a bit cool down in the ACT still. I was there years ago in the Department of Defence. Nonthing would change much down there only big fat pollies on tax payers money. I know a few fat Lawyers they get easy money. The old world is moving to fast. Some day it will all go back. Nature will level it all for us in time. Dalby has been cold but dry. it has all changed out here with all the coal, gass and oil. Dalby even has street lights and a big W it that counts for much. Every thing is expensive here now. A cabin in the Chinchilla caravan park is $1000.00 a week. Luck I have my house or I wouldn't be here. you can't aford rent in Clearmont it is mad up there.
I have hear of a Area called "Top Camp" at Cloncurry not a bad area up there I enjoyed it there on the cattle station and I was shooting Roos. My mate got a large bit at Bells flat up there. The big mines have hold of most ground in the area now days. the only way to get on stations to hunt gold is to work on them same with shooting. I hope you enjoy your time up with your mates. I don't know if there is much luck left here nowdays with the goverments. The days I enjoyed of a free country is over. We will soon be just a name Australia owned by most countries or ASia.
You take care an catxch up soon. Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5128.msg43108.html#msg43108

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: