[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline aussie
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

1415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab GP Extreme  / Bounty Hunter/Minelab ETrac
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 05:55:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Ken
           Did a guy from Redcliff get in touch with you ? he was keen to go to Warwick detecting , I told him you had a bit of experience with Warwick and to get in contact with you

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2878.msg32952.html#msg32952

Offline Stalley
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 07:08:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi ausie , hows things going mate, I been out playing that guitar again have played the last 3 days. The guy never got back but I have some good maps of the area and there are some unworked gold  places I have found there. I must download some maps of Vic. If I get to Vic soon I have some real good places for nuggets. I have maps where we have found nuggets that I markes the spots on them  I will try to get back on those places first. You Take Care and Hope to catch up soon Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2878.msg32955.html#msg32955

Offline Stalley
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 07:11:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi aussie the guy from redcliff never contacted me but I am hard to find at home only mostly I am here if I am not playing the Guitar. Regards Stalley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2878.msg32956.html#msg32956

Offline downunder Trav
Copper Member

got the gold fever
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

276.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

dual power, minelab musketeer advantage
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 05:54:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by aussie
Hi Downunder

I'm itching to go to the golden triangle , havent been there before .
                     Stalley  ( Ken has been there and wants to go soon .
                      I'm in Brisbane where do you live ?
                                                                          Detecting
[/quote/

I am in warragul in gippsland, I get up through the golden triangle quite a bit for work (every couple of weeks), but that is not the only place down here to go hunting for gold. I go up through woods point, aberfeldy, walhalla area quite a bit and have seen some very good finds come from the Dargo area as well.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2878.msg33322.html#msg33322

Offline downunder Trav
Copper Member

got the gold fever
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

276.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 06:14:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

On the topic of maps I have lots of old gold maps and all the full topo maps for victoria, I also have gps coordinates of old diggings and mines I have found in my exploring. However at the end of the day these dont find gold, you have to spend the time digging, panning, and detecting to find it. There are places 15 minutes from my house where there is known to be gold but it is elusive and a lot of the places where it is hidden the scrub is too dense for detecting. If you are going to do any detecting or fossicking in victoria IT IS IMPORTANT to get your miners right it can be obtained through DPI victoria (department of primary industries), if in the Walhalla area, it can be obtained at the general store, and a lot of camping stores can also help you out, such as aussie disposals. it will cost $28.40 and is valid for 2 years from time of issue. If you wish to drop me a line before heading down this way my email is edwards_knives@msn.com  I can also put you in contact with a few members of the prospectors and miners association of victoria (PMAV) who have more time to get out and about than myself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2878.msg33323.html#msg33323

Offline downunder Trav
Copper Member

got the gold fever
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

276.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 06:18:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh and just a warning to queenslanders who want to bring their dredging equipment, DONT dredging is banned in all waterways in victoria. You can however use a sluice, pan, shovel etc.

Happy prospecting, Trav

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2878.msg33325.html#msg33325

Offline Stalley
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

250.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

X - Terra
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2009, 07:53:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Trav, Hi I am hoping to get down your way in Vic as soon as I can. I have a vew things that I have to Finalize then I can get away. One of my mates went down to where you live he detects but he never got around to it with the bush fires and heat. His brother and sister lives down there and he comes from there.He had a house at the Gem fields up here and sold it, He has bought a boat down there on a lake or something and has a new Van, they called here a couple of weeks ago and will be going back later. My wife and I are hoping to spend some time down ther. I was in the RAAF in VIC for 4 years. The Goverment here has just about got rid of the detector opperator or prospector. I don't say you can't find gold but it is hard. I have heaps of Maps and stuff but that don't find you gold the only was is to get out and look. I will email you one day. Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2878.msg33354.html#msg33354

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: