[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bullseyeTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F75 & Fisher F-75 se LTD
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:30:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks spooner, I can't buy one at this time. I have everything ready for my Alaska trip. I'm hoping Australia will be my next year trip. If I find out my F-75 detectors will work in Australia, I won't need to spend all that money. If need be, I'll buy the GPX5000.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg176831.html#msg176831

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 07:56:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by bullseye
Thanks spooner, I can't buy one at this time. I have everything ready for my Alaska trip. I'm hoping Australia will be my next year trip. If I find out my F-75 detectors will work in Australia, I won't need to spend all that money. If need be, I'll buy the GPX5000.

Bullseye, It should work there it's a pretty good prospecting machine so I think you will be OK

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg176867.html#msg176867

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 08:19:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bullseye,

Good to hear about your trip.

Sorry I have not yet replied to your email, will do so next. I have been very busy with a house move and heaps of other things and even missed some club comp shoots (not like me).

Cheers,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg176870.html#msg176870

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Baron Wolfenstein
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

WhitesTDI Pro Oz Series
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 03:31:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

I would definately hunt in Victoria especially the area called the Golden Triangle. Victoria has produced the second largest amount of gold with Western Australia overtaking recently but only due to large mining companies. If your after nuggets than Victoria is the place to go.As far as your voltage concerns are its not the battery but the wall plug charger that needs to be at 240v. If you are travelling in a car a 12v battery charger plugged into the cigarette lighter would recharge your battery in 3 hours or you can contact minelab South Australia and purchase a 240v Aussie wall charger from them before you leave

PS I used the Whites TDI Pro Oz Series. It came with 2 batteries as standard.

Good Luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg210770.html#msg210770

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 01:20:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bullseye,
  you may wish to see if you can get, a subscription to Australian Gold gem and treasure magazine. the information you will get as to places to go where to stay etc.Also their are a series of book's called Gold and Ghost's by D.W de Havelland they are probably some of the best book's about Australia they detail all major gold finds on record. but you need the right book for the part of the country your going to. One thing you need to be aware off. Australia's outback is dangerously dry, and you wont find water in it. we measure temperature in Celsius not Fahrenheit, so if your here watching the weather report and they say it's going to be 40, it's going to be a lot hotter than you think. always let someone know where you are and when you will be back the Australian Outback is deadly hot during the day, but you risk freezing to death at night. Hope this help's, Enjoy Australia. if you have any specific q's please feel free to contact me and I will help where i can.
 Detecting
Yours
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg211665.html#msg211665

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 10:14:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you all for the help. I haven't been able to get out and treasure hunting for some time. I do plan on a trip to Australia but now I'm not sure of this year. I bought an airplane kit last September. I have spent most of my time building my Zenith CH 750 STOL aircraft. Right now I'm working on getting the instrument panel figued out and the engine should come the end of this month. I think I should have it finished in July.

I will be doing some detecting this summer. I do have another question. Is there a tax on taking gold out of Australia? I know finding it isn't that easy. I'll bet there are a lot of people come to Australia looking for gold and end up without any luck.
Good luck to all your treasure hunting
Bullseye 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg220398.html#msg220398

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Bullseye

I would treat the whole trip as a holiday and adventure more than anything.

I hate to put a damper on your expectations about finding gold but the reality is 90-95% who look for gold find very little. The days of the big quartz surface reefs are almost long gone. the alluvial gold Fields have just about picked clean. This does not mean you won't find gold but not in payable quantities. If you hoping to use the gold to pay for your trip I suggest you think again.

Another thing Parts of WA is very remote there is very few places that resemble anything you would call a town and long distances between them. Prudence and care should be taken when traveling in the outback as with all desert regions. Many areas do not have mobilel phone coverage and someback roads are so badly rutted they can shake vehicles to bits.

In W. A large areas are mining leases and the large mining companies are starting to claim their legal rights over the leases. There has been prosecutions of illegal mining. by small time metal . Other Areas are under native title and some of which require permits to enter. There are large sheep and cattle properties some allowed camping and prospecting however a host of idiots doing the wrong thing over the years has forced property owners to turn away prospectors off their land. So there is a real possibility of being prosecuted for tresspassing in some areas.

However the best way for you to go is either get a hold of Australian Gold and Gem magazine. There are advertisements for prospecting tours and tag along tours in WA. You can either go in their vehicles or you could by buy your own secondhand FWD when you arrive in Australia outfit it yourself and do a tag along tour which they will show you legal sites to prospect and travel with like minded people as well as a opportunity to network. You will meet some wonderful people along the way around Australia.When you are finished traveling Australia you can sell the vehicle camping and prospecting equipment.

And if you win the lottery of gold prospecting and find some gold it would be easier and better to sell the gold in Australia and turn it into money when you leave the country.

If anything you better off treating the entire trip as holiday and adventure.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg220445.html#msg220445

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Hardluck,
You said it right. It's that way any where we go. It's a lot of work and a lot of luck finding any thing of value under ground. I may just spend my time in the south eastern side. I'm sure my wife would like it better too.
Bullseye

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg220449.html#msg220449

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 11:28:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bullseye
 There are goldfields on the south eastern side of Australia as well, but the dangers are just as serious on this side as the west. I think any Aussies here would agree with me when I say " Outback Australia " is a dangerous and inhospitable place. I also, would  suggest you consider a tag along tour, the people who run these outfits know where they are going have all the equipment and back up you will need, If i was you I would bring my detector with me as the price difference between the States and Aus is horrendous. If you plan to go hunting Solo in S.E Queensland at all let me know and I may be able to help you with some locations and mud maps.
Hope you and your Family have a great time " Down Under " Aussies are not really like crocodile Dundee, in the way we dress but you will find a bunch of friendly people. Especially in the country towns. If you go to Tasmania, be sure to check out it's west coast and the little creeks and rivers with your machine. Gold is still found there, and MD's have not long been declared legal down there, wherever you go, you will need permits to prospect or you may face heavy fines and depending on the state you could actually have your gear taken from you. However you can avoid all that and increase your chances by going on a tag along, not only will they take you to the right spot you will get to see some amazing sites with a knowledgeable guide. Go with a reputable guide, all the good ones advertise in " Australian Gold Gem and Treasure " magazine.
Keep On
 Detecting
Gozzo
P.S if you find a good patch please send me the GPS details when you leave ( Just kidding ) no seriously send them to ME lol.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg220457.html#msg220457

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

225.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Badluck.
I'll do that and maybe we can then start calling you Goodluck.
Bullseye

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25303.msg220495.html#msg220495

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: