[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline 5282jtTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I recently got a Fisher F70 and my 1st impression was "It feels cheap"   No no! Then I got to thinking, the only complaint I have always had about the multi freq detectors that could deal with wet salt sand, was that they were too heavy. Wise So, I guess the F70 is the one lightweight detector, that can gb out wet salt sand!  Clapp
It beat my MXT in a baseball field too! {The MXT will not work in my wet salt sand  Thumbs Down}
I wonder how this single freq F70 machine can gb out the wet salt, when not 1 other ever has been able to, in my area?   Shocked

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10898.msg69637.html#msg69637

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 10:46:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You may be right about MXT not ground balancing in wet salt sand-but Ihad a MXT and it would work down into salt water in Alabama--but maybe not perfectly-ya see. But it would operate in the salty wet sand and a 6000 di pro will too. Maybe the manual ground bal on the f70 is why it's better in wet salty areas? I've owned some Fishers and they usually go deeper than White's but not as good at trashy areas I've been in. The MXT just outdid them at that and a Tesoro can whip the pants off them all at getting in trashy ground and finding stuff.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10898.msg71087.html#msg71087

Offline 5282jtTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 06:50:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes, i've heard others say that a single freq detector worked in their saltwater sand. I just know for sure about my beaches here in SW Florida. Now, i'm not saying, if you bury a quarter 4-5 " down, that they don't beep at it. I'm just saying, they don't GB and they false and get very little depth -in wet salt sand- compared to multi freq machines. The F70 GB'd perfectly, but it still didn't get quite the depth of a CZ, or Soverign, for instance.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10898.msg71114.html#msg71114

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: