[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ......Topic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:25:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Today (sunday( morning i got to the beach again thinking that it would be very quiet and when i got there it was , not many people on the beach out of the clubs and it was chilly. I started at 4.30am in the dark and used my X.Terra , i am very pleased with that machine , it seems to just get better and better .
I had no jems with it and did not expect any anyway but i found a lot of coinage again, this time i had ?44.33p , a 20 euro cent coin, a small unknown coin and a larger foreign coin that i thought was a ?2 coin which i found in the dark.
{alt}
I am going back for more on wednesday morning, that should be a quiet day but who knows.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23322.msg167444.html#msg167444
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/RichardNewcombe_photos/001-15.jpg

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:12:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Can I ask about the conditions you detect in.

Do you come across much trash and which detector are you using?

Your sure doing it the right way...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23322.msg167452.html#msg167452

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:15:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

A ton a pull tabs, a ton of bottle tops and a bloody lot of other rubbish.LOL
I use the X.Terra on the tops of this shingle beach and it is amazing on there, never thought the Terra was that good.
It seems as good as the ET on the tops but not as good low down towards the sea

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23322.msg167455.html#msg167455

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 06:22:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

I took the family up to Sydney a few days ago and managed to spend 2 hours detecting with them on Bondi beach. I ended up with heaps of bottle caps, more then I had ever seen. I remember thinking each time I got one I wish they would ban the things. Lucky for me only one pull tab, have got them worked out on my AT Pro. Bottle caps on the other hand are a very tricky thing, never seem to get a constant reading of them. However don't want to ignore them just in case they are something special.

My most interesting finds many years ago would be several expensive watches, still working and some very nice rings.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23322.msg167457.html#msg167457

"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 06:28:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

On the Terra the pull tabs come in at 12 or 14 , 5p coins are 8 to 10 , 10p are 14 to 16 ,50p are almost always 16, 20p are 18 to 20 and ?1 coins are 30 to 32 and ?2 coins are 32 to 34 ,1p coins are 38 and 2p coins are 42 but the iron core versions are going to be a pig though in future.
Bottle tops can be anywhere between 30 and 36 but if they are squashed they come in at between 24 and 30 .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23322.msg167460.html#msg167460

Offline GoldHound
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 06:40:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was finding with the AT Pro the same bottle cap would range anywhere from 33 right up to 88 in scale and just keep changing depending on the sweep direction. Made it very hard although the Iron Noise feature helped heaps. Depth of this unit was very impressive and I dug some targets the size of 20cent to around 14-16 Inches. It's also very quick at picking up multiple targets very close together and even ones behind (under) iron which has been discriminated out.

I have all send about 5 hours with this detector, however after we finish moving in a few days time I will spend a few solid days with it. Then report back on what I find. I plan to take it out nugget hunting as I'm keen to see how its 15MHz circuit does in gold country.

I will add to my detector collection again soon and then looking to arrange a solid week or two to the WA or Vic Gold fields.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23322.msg167461.html#msg167461

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: