[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dpeaseTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1770.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

looking
« on: December 28, 2011, 03:06:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

ok im new and if i m going to spend money i want to be satisfied, so the last post gave me some great ideas, i live in tarpon springs florida and have access to all beaches but i allso will drive out in central floria to detect, as well as vactions last year Montana, Shocked so i have selected 3 models i think i would like to purchase please give me feed back and if you think there is something better out there please let me know.
1. Garrett at pro
2. tesaro shand shark 10 inch  ( like the warrenty).
3. tesaro tiger shark 10 inch.
Thanks a lot  you guys and gals have been verry helpfull.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28921.msg204386.html#msg204386

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 04:11:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

All 3 of those are excellent machines.

The three biggest arguments in favor of the Garrett AT-Pro are:

1) lowest price
2) weight (or rather lack of weight)
3) ability to use different coils for different jobs

Balancing that---the biggest drawback of the Garrett AT-Pro is it limited range in the water.   Remember 10 ft is the MAXIMUM depth, so if you plan on using it in the water a whole lot or you plan on taking it snorkeling or diving, you probably want to go with one of the two Tesoros.   And while the Garrett AT-Pro is not a "gold" machine, it operates well within the range recommended for finding small gold nuggets.

The Tesoro Sand Shark is a PI (Pulse Induction) machine.   As such it has the following going for it (besides the outstanding warranty):

1)  DEPTH......PI's are known for being deep seekers
2)  PI's tend to be really good for small gold (nuggets) and fine gold (delicate rings).
3)  It is a true water mention designed for use in  water (and capable of going most places recreational divers might want to go).

On the other hand, that depth and the being good at finding small gold comes at a price.   PI's are all metal machines.  That means you can't discriminate out foil, pop-tops, etc.  If it beeps, you dig it (which is how a lot of us hunt anyway).   If you use a PI, especially if you are using it in a picnic type area or a fishing hole, you can expect to dig up a lot of pop-tops, fishing weights, and gum wrappers.

The Tesoro Tiger Shark is a VLF (Very Low Frequency) machine.    This means you CAN discriminate out foil, pop-tops, etc IF you want to.   That really handy if you are searching a trashy area and don't mind if you miss a possible ring (which aren't as common in a lot of areas away from the beach anyway).  This is also a detector that is designed for extended use in and under the water.   It has the same type of warranty as does the Tesoro.   In "normal" mode, except for the weight issues, it should be a great producer on land (it uses the same circuitry as other Tesoros.....and they are excellent land machines).   The frequency this machine operates at makes it a really good gold hunter, too.   So that wouldn't be an issue.

Personally, living in Arizona and only occasionally visiting Florida or Hawaii, I'd probably opt for the AT Pro.   On the other hand if I lived in Florida and occasionally visited Arizona, Colorado, or Montana, I'd probably opt for the Tesoro Tiger Shark---But those are my personal preferences.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28921.msg204400.html#msg204400

Offline gold nuggets
Copper Member

Grin a lot, makes people wonder what you are up to
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

420.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer SE Pro..... Excalibur II
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Those are all pretty good machines. I have read some good reviews on the AT Pro, so it will be a tough choice for sure. It seems to be a good all-around unit. I am glad it's you making the choice and not me. Funny   Good luck........         Gold Nuggets  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28921.msg204511.html#msg204511

If Gold is where you find it, then I need to start looking somewhere else.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: