[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
This topic contains a post which is marked as Best Answer. - Press here if you would like to see it.
Offline bluenoserTopic starter
Gold Member

I love THunting
Thank you150

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

16258.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 52.0.2743.116
Chrome 52.0.2743.116

Awards
« on: September 27, 2017, 02:05:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bored!  Had worked the last 8 days.  Raining outside.....what the halibut I decided that a trip out with the Seahunter MK11 was in order.  Wreck Havoc was half gassed.....so there was no limit as to how far we could go before dark.

Donning my 3/4 "Orca" suit I entered the water hoping that I wouldn't scare the fall run of macheral  from the shores for the locals fishing.  Tad on the cool side.  The only sound within "herring" range was the waves lapping on the shore and the seagulls. Mister Man sometimes I think I'm a dumb as a sea urchin as I forgot to take a bag to put my finds in as was evident as I pulled my first target from the oceans floor. A Bluenose moment struck me.....the USA Marine motto or saying; "adapt, improvise and overcome." Stuffed the goods through the neckline of my wet suit hoping that my "Battle of the Bulge" would hold the treasures in place! Being close to shore however did prevent me from getting run over by a cruise ship.  Then my sieve got bent out of shape. Think Navy davy has a winter project now!
  Can only imagine what I smelt like coming out of Halifax Harbour.   Even Wreck Havoc sputtered a few times at me......or was it the Irving gas that I had given him the day. This dumb "Pollack" had had enough of the rolling seas.

Off to a lake to one of my once a year spots. The lawn in front of the beach here was filled with doggie dew and green geese grease of the Canadian kind.....oh joy!  By this time I was starting to fell like I was encased in shrink wrap as I had not changed out of the wet wet suit. Target rich ecosystem fur dis bouy.  Found a few junker rings...got the "point" (not sure what that thing is) plus some coins of the realm.  Had a "holy cod" moment with one of the junker rings which had a nice golden hew to it.  Once home I put the plug in the tub and started to peel off the wet suit.  Like a fish to a shiny lure Hunny Bunny entered the washroom to see what all the noise was about.  Told her the story about not taking a finds pouch and she just stood there eyeing me.....I looked down and then said....."Looks like "Moby
Dick" caught a few as a few dimes were stuck in my "midship" area. Hunny bunny was not born yesterday and with a straight face retorted..."More like something out of a sardine can."  Talk about a defining moment.  She then started plucking out  coins that had embedded themselves in my upper torso.  A very bad day for sieve shafts indeed.

Since we are talking about water thought I would include a few photos from my workplace as I am now back doing security at our port for the cruise ships.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65721.msg320828.html#msg320828

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

IMG_0644_(2)[1].jpg
IMG_0652[1].jpg
IMG_0654[1].jpg

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:19:00 pm by bluenoser »
Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Firefox 54.0
Firefox 54.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 02:59:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Looks like you had a good day in the water.
I think the “point thing” is the part of an umbrella pole that digs in the ground Undecided

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65721.msg320831.html#msg320831

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 55.0
Firefox 55.0

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Enjoy while you can.  Not long from now your going to have to bring the Ice Pick, Eaa?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65721.msg320835.html#msg320835

Marked as best answer by bluenoser April 05, 2019, 11:18:42 pm
Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:02:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey buddy, its been a while, I've been off the grid for awhile, but saw your well written story & wanted to say congrats on your finds.
I liked the read too!
Cheers,  Great
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65721.msg328247.html#msg328247

Best Regards,
Jim

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: