[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 12:18:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Viracocha
Well your seller fella is not a diver.. no Hookah has a yoke whip used to attach to a non DIN tank...and if you look closely at the set-up you will see such a whip.. which would do you no good for any type of hooka setup.

I know my hookas

My goodness. It wasn't MY seller, mate. I simply commented on the item. Try reading for clarity next time. You've disputed what I have written without really reading why I wrote what I did.

Calm down. I agree with you. It's a piece of garbage. It's also not worth continuing this discussion of whether you know hookahs or not. I use a home made one because I can no longer dive below 5 meters or so these days due to an inner ear problem - advancing years, don't ya know. So, I too, know hookahs and in spite of that, was going by the seller's description at first.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg185381.html#msg185381

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ViracochaTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Sea Hunter II , Makro JeoTech Led
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 10:09:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

Not giving yeah the gears Digger, just viewed a few off responses and wanted to clear the air... This P.O.S. is no Hookah...that's all... I didn't mean to imply that this buttmonkey was your mate or anything... just wanted to clarify what the device was...

There is a tonne of diving crap out there trying to masquerade itself as SAFE gear....just doing my bit to dispel the myths... don't want you to be breathing out of a rubber HP hose connected to an oil bath compressor from sears...death would be ... umm 8 to 10 minutes I think...if not slow death in 30 ...

Keep'in you safe Digger!

Posted on: July 05, 2011, 10:03:52 AM
Gotta keep you alive to make another 6k posts digger...you old school members that keep the posts current are a valuable set of MD'ers... gotta make sure you stick around!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg185419.html#msg185419

EarthKinEnergy.com  :We bring green ideas to Light!"

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I understand. You can't be safe enough when your only connection to live is a plastic tube with a mouthpiece.

Guess what's on the drawing board right now? Two things. One is an electric powered jet pump (Venturi pump) for sucking up targets into a net bag by a single button push. Easier than digging. It's completely sealed with an inductive charge coupling for the battery pack. The other is an electric hookah with a set of solar panels and a windmill. The windmill needs anchoring to not tip the floating device over so that issue is causing a bit of trouble. Working on a stable platform design other than a boat is a real bear of an issue.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg185642.html#msg185642

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 10:40:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Digger.. this is my website Earthkinenergy.com

I would ditch the windmill idea... not very much bang for the buck..and if it gets wet..$$$

If your on a budget I would suggest this..
I assume that your system is 12v... get two spiral AGM batteries (parallel) connected to a mono crystaline small panel PV 20% of the light hitting this will give you electricity...

If you go this route you should be able to stay ahead of the compressor for power use...

For the compressor, I would choose eagle 12 v compressor for offroad trucks.. yes its clean air!

Let me know if you need anything else

J.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg185662.html#msg185662

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulsepower Aquastar, Sovereign GT, waterproofed Sovereign XS, Nautilus DMC
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 05:32:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Sounds interesting. I would think for transporting, some folding arms that you can lock in position, with small floats on the ends in an outrigger fashion would take care of the tipping issue. I always used to think of a suction device for use in the water, but with the shells, plants, and mucky bottoms in most of our sea beaches here in the Northeast, it would cloud it up too much to even be feasable and the bag would fill up with garbage in no time. Just walking in the water with a scoop stirs it up in most places. A nice sandy bottom would be nice to work that way though. I thought of using a sluice box on a raft with someone to watch it, but it would likely attract too much attention, and I'm sure they would stop it with some kind of complaint like enviormental damage. I'm in New England where someone is always trying to stop any freedoms out of jealously or whatever.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg185693.html#msg185693

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 09:36:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

The most creative sluice box I have ever seen is the fake fisher man boat.

Let me explain...take an aluminum boat and cut a square in the bottom... this is your sluice... then have floats under the boat to keep it afloat.have all the tubes running from the stern and use electric motors... the guy on the (boat)... give him a stupid hat and a pole with no line...TaDah Camouflaged sluice that nobody would even look at twice.... until you took it out of the water lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg185706.html#msg185706

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 02:53:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Digger.. this is my website Earthkinenergy.com

Fascinating. You must be the twin brother I was separated from at birth! You wouldn't believe the number of parallel projects I have designed that look much like yours in function.

I would ditch the windmill idea... not very much bang for the buck..and if it gets wet..$$$

The waterproof generator is already designed, built and tested. I'm using vertical vanes (triple helical bladed) to keep the rotational force in the vertical and allow more stability on a floating platform. I am also using sea anchors (basically an umbrella tied to the floating device by its handle) in some experiments. Winter here. Too chilly to pursue but will do more in the spring and summer.

If your on a budget I would suggest this..
I assume that your system is 12v... get two spiral AGM batteries (parallel) connected to a mono crystaline small panel PV 20% of the light hitting this will give you electricity...

I'm using my own anamorphic solar cells sputtered onto very thin aluminum which is then bonded to Acrylic panels. Getting the silicon to melting point and spraying it onto the aluminum is a bit tricky but once you get it going, it's a breeze. The trouble is, the sputtering spray nozzle is only useable once. I can use it for a day as long as I leave it heated but once I turn it off, the residue inside glues everything shut forever. My work shop is very well equipped. All I need now is time. Spare any?

If you go this route you should be able to stay ahead of the compressor for power use...

For the compressor, I would choose eagle 12 v compressor for offroad trucks.. yes its clean air!

Thank you for that tip. I've been using a motor home compressor used for compressing air in a fresh water system for pressurized water in the sink and shower. It works good but I like the idea of a more commercially available compressor.

Let me know if you need anything else

A wheelbarrow full of $100 bills would be nice. Hey, you DID say "anything."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg185743.html#msg185743

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:56:35 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 12:57:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ahh cheese n' rice and all I had was a wheelbarrow full of fifties.. oh well better luck next time!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg186647.html#msg186647

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 09:59:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I didn't mention the seller or where this item was located, so did you see this offered for sale & saw the sellers description of this rig?

Just wondering because I don't think anybody could have found this or where it was offered for sale as it was hidden pretty well & for good reason it turns out, and to top it all off guys I'm going to say that contraption is a funny Hookah wannabe, or better known as a big homemade Mary Jane Pot pipe!  Grin

lol, just wanted to make you gents smile, and even Mary Jane if she's listening.  Great

The guys thankfully confirmed it wasn't a Hookah so to speak to me in good time before the auction, at least not one in the conventional sense or definition of what a Hookah is in to days divers world of safety. To update you gents, some poor sap got really burned on this rig and probably will eventually have a toxic case of Nitrogen Narcosis unfortunately, not to mention the "bending" over he took at the auction on it.

Thanks everyone, I'm still here in the land of the living & didn't get taken on this rig, and figured you all would enjoy my calling this thing a Mary Jane Pipe!

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Actually, according to the seller, it is a hookah. If he made such a serious error as misidentifying something he is selling, we can thank you for telling us. Without speaking with the builder, all I can tell for certain is that it looks home made or at least heavily modified by someone.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg186856.html#msg186856

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:08:38 pm by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 12:41:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jim, the only place I saw it was here. It wasn't all that apparent what it was and to be truthful, I had no interest in looking elsewhere.

Glad you didn't buy it. All's well that ends well.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25662.msg186904.html#msg186904

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: