[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rayredditch
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

585.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

XP GMP, XP Adventis II, Whites Surf Master PI Pro Deep Diver,Fisher 1265 X, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 02:52:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Fisher 1280 X is great for fresh water hunting, but prefer a PI for salt water  Kiss

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg52683.html#msg52683

Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power,
Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD,
Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X,
Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023,
Viking 6DX2

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

In 1990 I was in the UK again and while I was there I contacted David Halverson who had bought out Eric Fosters Pulse Technology.
I had a Aqua Sport back home in Australia and heard of a new machine the Goldscan which I thought would be ideal for the beaches in the UK owing to the great tidal range there.
To cut a long story short I went to Newquay in Cornwall with one but page 2 of the instruction manual was missing and i was lucky to find someone on the beach using the same machine. 
I started to recover gold almost immediately and wrote an article that was published in Treasure Hunting, UK.  That started off shallow water detecting in the UK too and many individuals decided it was more profitable to do beaches than detect fields.
Where Salt water is concerned give me a P.I. anyday, Ok I might dig some junk but i get the stuff that discriminators miss.
The Sovereign is basically the same as the excalibur and it was unable to detect objects I located with a Goldscan.
Minelab would never accept the challenge I put to them for a duel on the beach with independant witnesses my goldscan against thier excalibur.  They would of lost and the embarrassment would of meant loss sales.  So they flogged the Baffle them with Bulldust System (BBS) Of course people are going to find gold with them, as i said before the beach is like a giant xmas pudding, you just have to find the places where theres less sand because no detector will find anything if the sands too deep.  Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg52706.html#msg52706

Offline davekane
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Viking 5, C-scope4pi
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 01:26:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've only been detecting since March but I decided to concentrate on the local beaches and bought a cscope4pi I find plenty cash but very little jewellery I put this down to the fact that the North East of England is not the greatest of places for people on the beach. I've only detected in the shallows with a pair of wellington boots, never get many signals and the few I get are hard to dig, the control box is not water proof so I have to be careful, but I'm looking forward to the winter storms and hope some good stuff turns up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg52818.html#msg52818

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 06:37:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

My hunting parting has a PI detector. I'll get to see how well it does this Thursday, I'll
be using his Excalber at the same time so the results should be pretty interesting. I'll
looking at four or five different models before I make a decision.. Happy Hunting
John in Va....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg52836.html#msg52836

Johnlaw

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 05:34:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good article-but i'd be scared as hell one of them big crocodile's would come crashing up on me and have me for dinner!!!  Cheesy Shocked Fight  As PI detectors go, I've used a few of them and I've owned one and it would reach farther down into the bottom anything else--but as you say--it makes a litteral work horse out of you digging all the junk items-I have dug down to depths of two feet or more to find a piece of aluminum can or  an iron bolt or whatever. one thing good about PI uUNITS is they arent affected by the salty content and mineralization like TR and VLF units. The White's PI units are good, but I've never owned one--the one I used was a buddies and the dang thing leaked and the hunt was over! That's why I like the type detector that has a permanently sealed box and you recharge detector through the headphone jack. I owned a Fisher 1280-X and never found any gold with it hunting in salt water-but it was okay at finding coins and other stuff. A 1280 just don't work as well as PI or excalibur in salt water, though. I'd only recommend 1280x for fresh water. I wouldn't recommend that detector --I'd recommend the CZ-2O,CZ-21, or the EXCALIBUR--I want to purchase a excalibur sometime coming up-I've only hunted with the earlier example of this machine when it had a horseshoe shaped search coil--they say the round ones are better. The TR unit I used on a hunt one time was a hassle-you had to keep it tuned in with ground balance-a ten turn ground bal--gosh I hate manual ground balanced detectors--never have liked all that adjusting to keep it tuned.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg53811.html#msg53811

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:05:37 pm by treasuremomo »
Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 06:14:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

YOU'VE GOT THAT RIGHT--1280-X=FRESH WATER  AND STINKS IN SALT WATER!!! DON'T WASTE YOU'RE TIME WITH 1280-X IN SALT WATER!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg53816.html#msg53816

Offline delldude
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

mark2, cibola prizm6T, f2,bountyhunter,gmt,old S64,& others
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 07:55:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

the 1270 M scope how does it react to saltt sand  Huh? guy has one he wants to sell me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg53832.html#msg53832

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulsepower Aquastar, Sovereign GT, waterproofed Sovereign XS, Nautilus DMC
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 07:36:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have gone from beaches to land and mostly back to beaches again. I started detecting in 1965, so this old back feels the pain from digging in dirt more than sand. Also, I wrote one of the first articles on ring hunting back in 1975 and it was in the July issue of Treasure World magazine. I guess you might say some things tend to stay with you when they work. Got to admit though, lots more people detecting now so the finds are fewer.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg53933.html#msg53933

Offline SVBerry
Copper Member

To hunt for treasure is to find self.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sea Hunter Mark II
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 07:59:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I would give the Garrett Sea Hunter II another look. The duel search modes and the PI science make it a leader. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg57826.html#msg57826

Offline solmer
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Spain

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer XS, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites SurfMaster PI, GoldPic III PI, DeltaPulse 2,
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 09:58:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

I love my Tiger Shark for water hunting, a bit heavy on dry land, but you can use a body mount pouch.

Good Luck and happy finds !!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg60982.html#msg60982

Good Luck and happy Finds !!!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: