[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline boyet
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines
Referrals: 0

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 12:30:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Christian,
        I'm just new with my MD 5008 metal detector,  I tried to use it in the beach line and found nothing.
It's not in the manual if it's more effective in salt water or in fresh water.  I used it in fresh water and found pyrites instead of gold.

Boyet of Philippines     
Hello all!
I have a thunting site, but I don't have the scanner.  We have a farm w/c we inherited from our grand parents about 9 hec.  It's located in high mountain top and I found a big stone around 7 feet high, just beside a hill and beneath the big stone are filed medium stones w/c are properly aligned at one file. And at the left top end of the medium stones a big old dead tree is located.  Have read the blog of "1500 gold bars & nuggets of Otherplane"? It is describe almost the same as we have in the farm.
Please help me and guide me where I find the portal of entry if their is a cave.   

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg61863.html#msg61863

Offline RogerC42
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ACE 250
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 05:54:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This article was very timely for me since I'm new to th..ing and was checking the local maps trying to pick out a good beach to start searching. Thanks for some great tips.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg62192.html#msg62192

RogerC42

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by RogerC42
This article was very timely for me since I'm new to th..ing and was checking the local maps trying to pick out a good beach to start searching. Thanks for some great tips.

Welcome aboard from Oz. This is one fine forum. Enjoy.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg62193.html#msg62193

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Saila
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Finland

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2009, 01:08:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Im new here and catshing up on all the posts I can.
This one definitely makes me want to be full timer TH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg63950.html#msg63950

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2009, 03:59:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Saila
Im new here and catshing up on all the posts I can.
This one definitely makes me want to be full timer TH

To be quite frank, only a very few can afford to be full timers Saila. Work things in reverse. If you require $52,000 per year to survive and pay the tax man, you need to make $1000 per week and that means something like 5,000 coins, a few rings and a treasure cache now and again. Break that down into a 40 hour work week and you need to find 125 coins per hour on average, a ring now and again and hopefully that cache will present itself by accident since you won't have a minute to spare for research.

It's a lot to consider. Instead, work now to plan for a suitable retirement time in your life so you can supplement your retirement with finds and effectively do it full time. Either way, the best of luck to you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg63970.html#msg63970

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline yelpoc
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

110.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 11:00:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That would be Great!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg68724.html#msg68724

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulsepower Aquastar, Sovereign GT, waterproofed Sovereign XS, Nautilus DMC
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 08:47:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

As I said before, I started hunting in 1965 and hunted in the water in 1967. I wrote one of the first articles on water hunting back in 1975. In 1967 I was using a Garrett Master Hunter detector in the water, but only the coil was waterproof, not the box, so I couldn't go any deeper than my waist and that was risky, but no, I never dunked and killed a detector. But the big difference back then was, there were a lot less detectors around and very few water hunters. Being one of the early ones was a big advantage back then. Unfortunately, nowadays up here in Connecticut, here seems to be a lot less people using the beaches as there used to be, maybe because of the higher prices some are charging for admittance, maybe because poor summer weather, or not so good water quality, but anyway, there is a much lower attendance of most beaches. Along with that is the amount of detectorists now hitting these same beaches, and some do it every day. So in all respects, you just don't find like you did back in the old days. Another thing, Pulse detectors have their place, but in many cases a good discriminating detector is a must. There are many beaches that have too much trash to use a Pulse detector. The ratio of trash you would have to dig for one good find would be very punishing to your back and arms in these areas, so promoting that a Pulse detector is way better, is misleading, it is depending on where you are hunting. I have both type detectors, one is an Pulse Power Aquastar2, but most of the time I have to use a Minelab Sovereign which I have waterproofed. I hip mount the control box which is waterproofed and it works well, and is lighter than a Excaliber and easier to use with less drag in the water. The old days are gone, but there are still some good finds, just have to get out there and hunt.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg70448.html#msg70448

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 12:10:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Maybe theres more junk on your beaches because the people over there dont use rubbish bins that are provided on beaches?
Maybe you never bothered to remove the rubbish you dug up and left it for someone else to remove, I have experienced that myself.
Sure when you initially got into the hobby you had it all to yourself with little or no competition no use moaning that other people got in on the act.  Thats life, thats progress for you.
Maybe because of all the publicity thats gone into promoting the hobby has made the general public more aware to be more careful and remove their jewellry before entering the water.  Hence less losses and less finds to be made.
Your not the only one who misses the good old days when the pickings were good.  You Rave on about your modified Sovereign like its the best machine in the world... Well I know for a fact that the Sovereign does not have the depth of a Pulse and you do too if you made test.  That doesnt bother me because the targets you miss because you cannot hear them will be found by someone using a Pulse.
Discriminating detectors are for old geriatrics too lazy to dig every target and a good pulse will get more finds than anything Minelab ever produced.  In this game its horses for courses you like your minelab I prefer Pulse If your so hot in the water why dont you put some of your finds up here so show how good your really are?  Put your money where your mouth is JCP Let the members see just how good you really are instead of blowing a load of Hot Air trying to make a big man of yourself.   no disrespect but words in here mean stuff all without proof.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg70467.html#msg70467

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:19:52 pm by Alan Hassell »
Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 12:23:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes Alan , the PI detector does a better job than anything else  .   Clapp  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg70468.html#msg70468

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 12:30:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Maybe because of all the publicity thats gone into promoting the hobby has made the general public more aware to be more careful and remove their jewelry before entering the water.

So true Alan. One of the beach hotels here now has signs telling people to remember to remove all jewelry befor swimming in the ocean.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7152.msg70470.html#msg70470

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: