[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ivan salis
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ace 250 currently --but used many many others
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

I seem to remember / recall that the WW2 german army vets had to get "de nazi fied" medals -- not swastaki 's or nazi symbols allowed on them to be able to wear them publicly ----that was done postwar  was done to "prevent" a nazi underground  or "rebirth" of the "party" ---  while the swastaki / nazi symbols were outlawed ( banned as symbols of  hatred )--- maybe some folks today tend over look it. --more so than they in the past . ---when the war memory's were "fresh"

no I do not collect nazi items -- I do have a few coins from the nazi war era -- I got in a grab bag type thing once .

Oh I 'm sure there are "laws" in the USA on the books from 150 years ago that forbid the flying of "rebel flags" -- today no one thinks about it at all --but 150 years ago --you would been arrested and taken "downtown" ---- time dulls folks reactions --- the WW2 vets are all dying off --even a 13 year old "hitler boy" soldier used at the end of the war --64 years ago would be 77 years old these days if hes still alive that is.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,317.msg33963.html#msg33963

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:45:57 am by ivan salis »
Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 02:52:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nothing from the past should be "Forbidden". Is that Forboten in German? I think the Nazis had a great time trying to change history to their own liking. (Burn the books that don't agree with our views and rewrite history to serve our purposes) Bottom Line: Those who ignore or don't learn from the past will more than likely repeat it. I think the artifacts from the Nazi regime, though distasteful, serve as a reminder. Let's never allow something like that ever happen again!
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,317.msg33979.html#msg33979

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 04:48:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

WWII Nazi memoriables are legal to own, sell and purchase in Germany BUT it is illegal to show any Nazi signs / smybols like Swastikas in public. Hence when selling e.g. WWII medals on a flea market you need to cover up the Swastikas etc. If you don't do this, legal charges and fines will be imposed on you. The fine is usually around USD 1000 - 2000.00.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,317.msg33983.html#msg33983

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:26:43 am by Christian »

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline ivan salis
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ace 250 currently --but used many many others
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 02:38:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

ok legal to own --but its illegal to show off "nazi" symbols publicly was wondering how they sold the stuff -- so its covered up at sell time . --- I knew disply of "nazi symbols" was Vorbotten"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,317.msg34050.html#msg34050

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: