[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline thomas beale
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 06:07:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There will be no recovery of the Beale Treasure by Roy Dallas. His co-ordinates are 9 miles east northeast of Danville, Virginia. No where near where the Beale Treasure was buried. All I can say is good luck.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg62195.html#msg62195

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 04:02:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From Mr. Dallas web Page
The solution to the Beale Ciphers was published on this website in eight installments during the past several weeks.  The eighth and final installment, which revealed the specific long/lat coordinates, was only viewable for 1.5 hours.  At that time, I received a partnership offer from an experienced TH source - which I accepted. All installments were then removed from this website.

Interesting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64323.html#msg64323

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline thomas beale
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 04:30:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In other words, Mr. Dallas has given up on his site and has found nothing. Any reputable TH source would not go for his cypher solution, if they knew anything about breaking codes especially a code almost two hundred years that would not have such a lengthy and draw out solution. All I can say is good luck to him because you will not hear of any recovery by him or his TH source in Bedford County, Virginia in the coming future.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64330.html#msg64330

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 04:40:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am not saying Dallas is right or wrong anymore then I can say you are right are wrong. Till the treasure in found who can prove their research right.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64335.html#msg64335

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 05:10:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all

That is what makes researching treasure legends so interesting?

Treasure legends are here to taunts us and tease us with some factual evidence entwined with fiction. Knowing what is true and what is not can some times be a real challenge.

Seldom has proverbially hit the nail on the head so to speak. Until one party proves beyond doubt that their theory is correct there will always be some controversy. However interesting both theories are.

Hardluck  Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64343.html#msg64343

Offline edjcox
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Safari
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 05:14:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The iron pots had corroded with time and groundwater, the heavier metals sinking into the stone crevices... As we excavated only at night and camouflaged our work and efforts during the day, the treasures where carefully removed. What stones we found were so mixed with soils that we decided to simply sig and remove he surrounding soils.
It took two lads of the Sierra to remove all the find from the sight. Using night vision equipment we were able to do this all under cover of total darkness on monless and clouded over nights. Using the national weather services assistance we chose rainy nights to actually drive off the the site so that traces and tracks were obliterated.

It was decided best to lay low and let the hoopla of any discovery of the excavation and speculation as to what was dug and removed to settle down with time. None of the find has been sold or cashed in as we are struck at the numismatic value of some of the coins. The simple bullion and bars are not really weighed and marked so all that is yet to be done to ascertain a total valuation.

We have to acknowledge the help of many igetting this fortune into the hands of us few.

Thank you...

the above is a fiction written solely for entertainment... Undecided  :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64345.html#msg64345

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 05:18:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by edjcox
The iron pots had corroded with time and groundwater, the heavier metals sinking into the stone crevices... As we excavated only at night and camouflaged our work and efforts during the day, the treasures where carefully removed. What stones we found were so mixed with soils that we decided to simply sig and remove he surrounding soils.
It took two lads of the Sierra to remove all the find from the sight. Using night vision equipment we were able to do this all under cover of total darkness on monless and clouded over nights. Using the national weather services assistance we chose rainy nights to actually drive off the the site so that traces and tracks were obliterated.

It was decided best to lay low and let the hoopla of any discovery of the excavation and speculation as to what was dug and removed to settle down with time. None of the find has been sold or cashed in as we are struck at the numismatic value of some of the coins. The simple bullion and bars are not really weighed and marked so all that is yet to be done to ascertain a total valuation.

We have to acknowledge the help of many igetting this fortune into the hands of us few.

Thank you...

the above is a fiction written solely for entertainment... Undecided  :Smiley

Ed, this should be posted in another section like Odds and Ends. Enjoyable but distracting to those discussing Beale. Do us a favor. Cut and paste it into a new topic there and then delete this one. You can do this using the Modify button over your post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64348.html#msg64348

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline edjcox
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Safari
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 11:18:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Feel free to delete. No modify on my page that I see.

Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64425.html#msg64425

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 01:40:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

As far as I know, anyone can modify their own post, Ed. The Modify button is just above any post that you own by way of being the author. If you don't see that, do me a favor and copy the post to a new topic under Odds and Ends just for consistency. But I like the story, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg64439.html#msg64439

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Historybookboy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Soon to have ACE 250
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 10:14:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wow. Thats amazing. Sort of like in the film "National Treasure" where theres a secret code on The Declaration of Independence. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7145.msg72049.html#msg72049

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: