[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Colonel CalabashTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:55:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I may very well be the last person that should give advice on where to hunt, but here goes.  I have read a lot of information from others and all of it was good and I am not saying mine is better but some times it boils down to good old common sense.  I have been searching on my own property for some time without a lot of success.  A few days ago I was in deep thought about metal detecting when that great "beam of light" that people often refer to hit me right between my eyes.  It said "hey dummy, you are on the wrong side of your property.  You see I had been hunting the southwest corner of my property.  Nothing much ever happened there to my knowledge, but, on the east side of my land where my grand parents lived is an area where there were about 4-5 permanent pick nick tables where the yearly family reunions were held.  People were all over that section.  There is also the ever popular outhouse (still standing) and an old wash house.  I also have located 2 old deserted mansions that I hope to get permission to hunt.  I know all too well how easy it is for a new detectorist to flip on the switch and start digging.  Think about it, use your head and common sense and yes even do a little research.  The outcome may be a lot better.  Good Hunting.

Colonel Calabash

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20715.msg137382.html#msg137382

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: