[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline johnnnTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you43

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

7190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Arado 120 b/ Tesoro.
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:53:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My Browser is Internet Explorer any suggestions as to what my difficuties are.
I can read and send messages but still can not post pics.
I have just been given permission to hunt an old farm and have taken a few pics to get you all fired up as I hope to show you the progress we make as time goes by...........H/H    Johnnn

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44860.html#msg44860

Offline Rebel73153
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

840.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Tesoro Compadre
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:06:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Do you have the pics downloaded on to your computer? I use Mozilla Firefox so not sure what the problem might be with IE.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44861.html#msg44861

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:29:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by johnnn
My Browser is Internet Explorer any suggestions as to what my difficuties are.
I can read and send messages but still can not post pics.
I have just been given permission to hunt an old farm and have taken a few pics to get you all fired up as I hope to show you the progress we make as time goes by...........H/H    Johnnn

The answer is quite simple, really, but complicated to fix. I've asked you this before but you seem reluctant to answer for some reason. Have you got JavaScripting enabled? Have you got the latest version of Sun Microsystems Java installed on your machine? If not, do it right now. The editor, the password login system and the picture pop up all require JavaScripting be enabled or they won't work.

JavaScripting is an overlay to your Windows or Mac system that allows a script to execute in memory on your local machine after you get it from the web. In some cases, it can be dangerous so there are barriers you have to check first to see if it is enabled and allowed. The danger comes from sites that hijack your browser and send you to other places. This site would not do that unless it somehow gets hacked and Christian is too diligent for that to happen. Thus, this is a safe site.

The way to tell if Java is enabled is simple. You go to the Sun Microsystems web page and fill in the boxes to ask to be tested. If you are not enabled or have not installed the Java console, you will be prompted to install it. Do so.

You may get error messages from your firewall or browser. Override all of them during the installation or testing process. Paranoia here will keep you from ever fixing this so just trust the site at Sun Microsystems. Also, you must have pop-ups enabled for Sun Microsystems and for this domain. This is required, not optional. That is a browser function. You are using Explorer, a browser that for some reason Microsoft has made incompatible with almost any server-side script in existence. More on that later.

So, once you have JavaScripting enabled and the Java Console updated, try again to do all the things that are missing from your browsing ability here. Test the uploading of pictures and the editor itself which relies heavily on JavaScripting to work.

Now to the question of Explorer. For some odd reason Microsoft made Internet Explorer and integral part of the Windows operating system. Even if you hate Explorer and never want to use it, if you uninstall it, things stop working. So we are all doomed to leaving it installed or the Windows operating system will suffer. So, leave it alone and install Mozilla FireFox. Don't think about it, just do it. It's not that big but it is more compatible with the rest of the Internet world than Internet Explorer ever was.

Try all these things but above all stop asking for help here on these forums. Even though we are a helpful bunch, your problem's solution probably needs someone sitting next to you or actually sitting at your keyboard to accomplish the repair to your system. Seriously. Did you notice that I gave you no URLs to go to? There's good reason for that. The information presented is far beyond the capability of most casual users and if you are still stuck after all the questions and answers you have gotten thus far, you will never figure it out from those pages. Don't take that as a personal insult, please. You are not the first person to have these issues and you won't be the last. However, this is beyond the capability of most everyone here except for a very few. I figure if you can find the answer from the clues I gave you here, you may be able to fix it yourself.

I'm not talking about just using the forums here either. That's a by product of the issue. I'm talking about repairing some damage done by something on your system. Something like Norton or ZoneAlarm or AVG or whatever you are using for a firewall has blocked all of your JavaScripting and perhaps even clobbered your Java Console - if you even have it installed any longer.

My best advice? Ring the local high school computer club - they nearly always have one - and ask for some help from a couple of their brightest students. Fix them lunch, snacks and have plenty of fizzy drinks for them. Then sit back and let them fix you up. Afterwards, gush over them and thank them profusely as you offer them slices of the pizzas you had delivered for them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44867.html#msg44867

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:06:20 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline findoldstuff
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:56:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GOLDDIGGER1950,
My Aussie friend- you know some stuff.
Johnnn- Get those pics comin -get us fired up!!! What we really wanna see is the finds.
FOS

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44879.html#msg44879

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 07:07:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by findoldstuff
GOLDDIGGER1950,
My Aussie friend- you know some stuff.
Johnnn- Get those pics comin -get us fired up!!! What we really wanna see is the finds.
FOS

I designed and built my first computer before you could buy an IBM PC. I am tied to my computer by an umbilical cord. Probably will be until the day I die.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44885.html#msg44885

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline findoldstuff
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 07:13:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dude I just thought I was hooked.   I checked out Perth today- man the gov has got all the shipwrecks locked down.  There are some large parks and what about Swan- is it lake or River?
I am impressed GD- really that is impressive!!!
FOS

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44889.html#msg44889

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 07:25:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Swan River has a large area where it mixes with the sea making it seem as if it is part lake. The water is brackish, fresh and salt mixed, with a tide. Normally very calm, the storms of winter can send the waves crashing on to streets that are built nearly at sea level. The water is always muddy along the Swan from the headwaters and during the winter season, the Avon Descent, a boat race, takes advantage of the white water conditions of the season. Thousands compete every year as they have for a long time. The shores are full of spectators who do drop things giving the locals hundreds of kilometers of areas to hunt.

The beaches in Australia are the borders of the country. There are more than 10,000 kilometers of them with more than 80% seeing casual use. The shipwrecks found are all protected, as you note, but new ones can be shared with the local government. If you find one, the state of Western Australia most often partners with you to both recover and preserve. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Jewelry found here is considered to be the loser's property forever. In other words, if they want it you must return it. Failing to turn it in to the police can mean arrest for what they call "theft by discovery." So, all finds of jewelry are turned in and after a waiting period of 6 months, returned to the finder with documentation of its being released to them. It also means that Aussies won't post pictures of jewelry finds here. It's not to keep the real owners from having the jewelry.  It's to keep unscrupulous individuals from finding the photo along with the witty comments about where we found it and then claiming it's theirs with the police. The world is full of idiots like that who search the web looking for easy ways to steal what's not theirs.

Such is life.

Perth is a lovely city with much the same climate as southern California. Come visit and some of the locals on the forums will show you around.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44899.html#msg44899

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:26:53 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline findoldstuff
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 07:36:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

And we can test the Dream Machine right? What happened to that post anyway? Bet you under-estimated my interest didn't you. What do you do type in your sleep?  I did see  a coastal shipwreck that could possibly yeild some finds after a storm.
FOS

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44902.html#msg44902

Offline farmdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2085.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 07:39:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

call up the geek squad and get that fixed! I wanna see some pics!!!  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44903.html#msg44903

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 07:44:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by findoldstuff
And we can test the Dream Machine right? What happened to that post anyway? Bet you under-estimated my interest didn't you. What do you do type in your sleep?  I did see  a coastal shipwreck that could possibly yeild some finds after a storm.
FOS

I am awake for more hours than I care to mention every day and I use this forum to relax a bit from other endeavors. Right now, the rains which we so desperately need are making it uncomfortable to be outside hunting. The amount of time I do spend outdoors turn me into a moldy old fossil with damp feet if I go more than 90 minutes or so in rain gear. Such is life.

The thread is still working. Who knows what the dream machine specifications will eventually be. It's all fascinating to me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7256.msg44904.html#msg44904

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: