[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline vidukTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Singapore
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:49:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

I live in an area where there was a lot of buried gold and silver treasures found pots of 1000 of gold coins gold statues and stuff the area is up high in the mountains I cannot say where because it's illegal to look for treasure here but people are still doing it because we consider ourselves to be the the rightful owners  of the treasures buried by our ancestors.

I would like your opinion on what would be the best metal detector for the job nothing more expensive than 1000$

What my goal is large buried pots of gold,gold statues and the like and I assume it's buried deep

From my research I figured out that the white's tm808 would be my best bet you do not really need discrimination as there is not a lot of trash there it's a very secluded area high up in the mountains that has not been inhabited for thousands of years and I am looking for large chests or pots.........all the findings were like this thousands of coins in ceramic pots and chest full of gold artifacts and statues,bracelets.

I also heard about White's Sierra Madre Metal Detector with a 15'' coil to be responsible for a lot of big finds in mexico and someone recommended it to me instead of the TM 808 also I can get a Makro Jeotech here for under 1000 $.

So my 3 choices are  1 Sierra madre
                             2 TM 808
                             3 Makro jeotech

Any other opinions or suggestions of what should I look in to ?  

What is your opinion and any advice would be more than welcome thank you very much as this is my first post I am more than happy to be accepted in your community Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35269.msg214474.html#msg214474

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:29:53 pm by viduk »
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:03:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

I would buy neither one of those. The TM 808 is okay but dated and the Jeotech is a VLF machine with huge coild and fenzy pre-programmed images.

Settle for a reliable PI machine like the Pulse Star II or similar. This should give you all the depth you may need.

Regards

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,35269.msg215244.html#msg215244

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: