[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline newbeeTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

In the market
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:33:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Amen
I want to say thank you to Stormrider51, Eugene52, and Golddigger1950 as well as others in the forum.
I believe I have found the detector for me. at least for right now.

I believe I am going to go with the Garret Infinium LS. Why because of its wide functionality.

I really wanted the VHL minilab Eureka because I thought the 6.4, 20, and 60kHz was the perfect mix, for hunting small gold in colorado. But keeping in true minilab form the more expensive the product the less it can do or go to be more specific. The stupid coils cant be submerged how stupid is that?

The other I was looking at was the Minilab x-Terra 705 GP Its main frequency was 18.75kHz. I dont know I just think that is not high enough for what I want. All the guys hunting small nuggets seem to have a minimum of 60kHz or they are using Advance Pulse Induction.

The water proof technology and the advance pulse I believe is what sold me on the Garret Infinium LS.

Thanks,
JohnR.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17310.msg111369.html#msg111369

Offline dinger45
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

330.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher x 1265 * Garrett ace 250  * Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:52:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have had mine for about three months now and have learned the way it works and love it. Haven't had a chance to go nugget hunting yet but intend to do so this winter.

I do most of my hunting on the beach where i have found two gold rings, one titanium ring and misc other items and about $100.00 in change.

There was a special find while detecting on the beach, i happened to see what looked like a white credit card, after picking it up i could see numbers on it and a target insignia after checking the web found out it had a $50.00 balance, sent it in for a new card which i received in two weeks.

Anyway practice as much as you can and don't give up, if you have trouble report it on the forum and we can help you to iron them out.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17310.msg111390.html#msg111390

Offline Stormrider1951
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's DFX, White's VX3
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 10:27:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

It's hard to go wrong with a Garrett.  But I guess I'm a little prejudiced.  I started with Garrett a long time ago and the majority of my detectors have been "green machines" since.  Take the time to learn what the machine is telling you and the two of you will become best friends.

John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17310.msg111608.html#msg111608

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: