[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline 1trkponyTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I plan on hitting a couple places before snowfall<live in northern Iowa>  I do have a couple questions though.

1. When going to school fields and parks whom do you get permission from or do you need permission?

2. The county fair grounds up here are owned by the fair grounds but I believe the actual race tracks are run by a different person.  But will I need permission to search these areas also?

3. My family farms and we have numerous old building sites with old houses on them and I am still trying to figure out the dates on those.  I won't have problems getting permission to search these places but the problem is that if i find any thing valuable they will more than likely want it.  Whats the best way about going about this without a.) getting burned on my finds. b.) not missing out on thanksgiving dinner<my grandma can really cook c.) NOT BEING ERASED FROM MY GRANDPARENTS WILL!!   Its really not that big of a deal they are sweet but I am sure most of you have all heard horror stories when it comes down to dealing with family.

4. State parks in Iowa as I have read have a time/date restriction when it comes to metal detecting so that should be straight forward.

5. Public parks what is the best way to go about this? Go digging or get permission?

[hello]A little about me. I am the type of person that leaves a place cleaner than it was when I came and I try to double check everything before doing something<except spelling> And am currently on probation for perjury.. Long story short i messed up when I voted<1st and last time ever voting and there was an error when doing it.

SO that is way I am being a little bit of a NERVOUS  Undecided Nelly when it comes to this stuff because honestly I don't want to be thrown in the slammer for something like two dimes and a nickel.. Police

ANY AND ALL COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANK YOU

I am sure I will have MANY more questions but I figured i would bore you with a just a couple for now.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18592.msg121037.html#msg121037

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 06:03:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

I suggest you break these up into one question for each post. There are just too many to answer. If others are like me, they're just going to look at this like being assigned to write a first novel. Oh, sure, you can do it but why bother? Know what I mean?

Break it into logical groups of no more than two questions in each post. You'll get a better response. I guarantee it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18592.msg121122.html#msg121122

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 10:16:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm with GD on this......unless you want one or two word answers for each question (which means the answers would be practically useless), break these down to separate topics.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18592.msg121150.html#msg121150

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 02:45:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

BA and I both forgot to mention that a lot of your questions have been answered on these forums already. A search block in the top right corner of the main forum page will help you find answers to your questions. You're not the first to ask some of them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18592.msg121184.html#msg121184

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: