[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline WingsTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Commando
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:05:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Police   I live in Dallas and am thinking about MDing dormant school yards and public parks...any laws against this?

Wings

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17335.msg111509.html#msg111509

Offline Stormrider1951
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's DFX, White's VX3
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:37:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Check with your Parks Dept and the school system.  Anything I or anybody else on here might tell you could have changed at the last city council meeting.  Down here in Austin it is illegal to hunt in a city park but legal in school yards.  You can often get permission from churches as well.  I usually offer them half what I find.  Please be sure to practice your recovery techniques until you can leave an area looking as though you were never there.  Detectorists who leave unfilled holes and damaged turf are why there are fewer and fewer places where we are allowed to go.

John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17335.msg111636.html#msg111636

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Commando
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:06:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks John for the reply. I'm also thinking about hunting abandoned old East Texas barns and structures. I know to get owner permission to do this. Have you or anyone u know had any success at this?

Wings

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17335.msg111812.html#msg111812

Offline Stormrider1951
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

260.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's DFX, White's VX3
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 10:46:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Those can be some of the best places to hunt.  When I started back in the 1970's, parks and schoolyards held lots of good stuff.  Today you will probably be finding clad coins and the occasional piece of jewelry.  Old unsearched buildings still have the things that were dropped there years or even decades ago.  You can expect to find a lot of trash but take your time and search thoroughly.  Put the trash in a bag to be hauled away and re-scan the hole.  Who knows what that nail was masking?  Check along foundation lines and corners, where fence posts were or are, and around where shade trees are or were.  People often didn't trust banks and would bury money next to something that marked the spot for them.  Look for the trash dump.  It's worth digging up old bottles and sometimes things were discarded as worthless that are relics to us today.  Same goes for the pit where the outhouse was.  All the bad stuff has long since been reduced to dirt and it's often surprising what went down the hole besides what you would expect.  You have a lot of fun ahead of you.   Wink

John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17335.msg111815.html#msg111815

Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Commando
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 06:10:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

John, in one paragraph you practically wrote the book for me. As soon as it cools off I'm heading for the country. Tx again,  Wings

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,17335.msg111907.html#msg111907

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: