[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kaveryTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab x-terra 305
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have a minelab x-terra 305. I have many finds with the 9" stock 7.5khz ( coins, sterling silver rings, bracelets, etc. ). I bought a minelab 18.75 khz coil. I put the coil on...tried it...it locked into overload ( ol ) and would not go back to the detect mode. I put my 7.5khz 9" coil back on...forced it into overload by touching the metal legs of a swing set. I backed away from the swing set and the detector immediately went back to the detect mode like the manual for the detector says it should. I sent the coil back to where I got it from ( not Kellyco ). They said that they tried it on 2 different machines and it worked. Do I possibly have a defective detector?? My simple mind tells me that if one coil works...the other one should if it is not defective. HELPPPPP!!!!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27692.msg196454.html#msg196454

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 08:15:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Did you ever find out what the problem was? Detector or coil? I see no one has replied to your request.
If you still have not solved that problem get back to me and I may be able to point you in the right direction to at least see what the issue is.....

Steveo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27692.msg197137.html#msg197137

Offline kaveryTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab x-terra 305
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 07:05:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I contacted Minelab...explained my problem and they agreed with me that it was a problem with the coil that was shipped from Detector Electronics in Mass. They generated a repair order...I got my 6" 18.75khz from Minelab and have had no problem...it works just fine. Detector Electronics said they tested it on 2 of their machines and it worked just fine and it was a problem with my detector and wanted to send the coil back to me. My bad for straying from Kellyco. Never again Detector Electronics...you lost my trust and any future business...buyers beware!!

Ken

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,27692.msg197312.html#msg197312

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: