[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline 31-coinshootingTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 74.0.3729.131
Chrome 74.0.3729.131

Awards
« on: May 09, 2019, 09:51:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I've been collecting coins for almost 15 years, and years ago I started rock collecting thanks to my daughter who got me interested. If you put this two ingredients together... I would like to start with metal detecting focus in current and old coins. Going to parks, lakes, old houses, beaches, rivers, you name it... but like I said before, focus mainly in current and old coins to add to my collection!!!)

I've been doing research for which machine to get and I know for newbies like myself this can be overwhelming and tentative (NOX 600/800) because there always going to exist a better machine for a little more money than what you are planning to spend an sometimes discussions in forums can confuse you even more. I'm a very dedicated person I do not mind spend time to get to know a MD

Which MT would you recommend me to get to find coins anywhere (not necessarily waterproof but I will need it for shallow water)
under 500$?

... I live in Maryland just as a reference.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,69278.msg328468.html#msg328468

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 60.0
Firefox 60.0

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 01:06:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

welcome to the forum
unfortunately not one detector fits all. you have to have more than one detector or to compromise.
you need one detector for dry land, mineralised ground, dry sand, black sand and one that you will be able to take it to the water's edge and shallow water.
one that have good discrimination when you are hunting at the park, and its multi frequency when you are at the wet/black sand, salty water.
I  recommend (and that's my personal opinion)  the one I am using for 9 years with very good success, and works very very well on parks( excellent discrimination)mineralised ground, black dry or wet sand, and you can take it up to the water's edge or even dip it in the water if you are careful not to wet the control box,
it's the Whites DFX, with the 9 inch concentric stock coil.
Unfortunately it's out of production and you can only get it second hand.
BUT it will fit your price range
From Melbourne Australia

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,69278.msg328472.html#msg328472

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: