Newbie trying to get a MT

(1/1)

31-coinshooting:
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I've been collecting coins for almost 15 years, and years ago I started rock collecting thanks to my daughter who got me interested. If you put this two ingredients together... I would like to start with metal detecting focus in current and old coins. Going to parks, lakes, old houses, beaches, rivers, you name it... but like I said before, focus mainly in current and old coins to add to my collection!!!)

I've been doing research for which machine to get and I know for newbies like myself this can be overwhelming and tentative (NOX 600/800) because there always going to exist a better machine for a little more money than what you are planning to spend an sometimes discussions in forums can confuse you even more. I'm a very dedicated person I do not mind spend time to get to know a MD

Which MT would you recommend me to get to find coins anywhere (not necessarily waterproof but I will need it for shallow water)
under 500$?

... I live in Maryland just as a reference.

Linkback: You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Loginhttp://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,69278.msg328468.html#msg328468

nickel_n:
welcome to the forum
unfortunately not one detector fits all. you have to have more than one detector or to compromise.
you need one detector for dry land, mineralised ground, dry sand, black sand and one that you will be able to take it to the water's edge and shallow water.
one that have good discrimination when you are hunting at the park, and its multi frequency when you are at the wet/black sand, salty water.
I  recommend (and that's my personal opinion)  the one I am using for 9 years with very good success, and works very very well on parks( excellent discrimination)mineralised ground, black dry or wet sand, and you can take it up to the water's edge or even dip it in the water if you are careful not to wet the control box,
it's the Whites DFX, with the 9 inch concentric stock coil.
Unfortunately it's out of production and you can only get it second hand.
BUT it will fit your price range
From Melbourne Australia

Linkback: You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Loginhttp://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,69278.msg328472.html#msg328472

Navigation

[0] Message Index