[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline spd085Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:52:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

I purchased a Treasure Hunter Xj9-3050 off of ebay . I recieved two for the price of one so i guess I only paid 50 bucks for each detector.

I have read a lot of reviews on these detectors and the majority are positive . However when I read a review that is negative it is REALLY NEGATIVE is it because of product loyalty where everyone thinks their Garrett, Minelab, or Whites is the best thing since peanut butter ?

I anyone on here has any experience with the xj9-3050 will you please tell me your thoughts ? I and my son are very new to this hobby and in the future , if he maintains his interest , I may spend $400 or $500 bucks for a name brand detector

I will be anxiously awaiting for a response !!!

Donnie

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6032.msg36706.html#msg36706

Offline magic12
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites MXT
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:04:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Donnie,

I am new to this forum also, but not really new to metal detecting. In answer to your question, I believe the important thing about any metal detector is getting to know it, and I am not just referring to reading a book. I believe the best thing for anyone to do, is go in their backyard and dig several holes, at different depths and at least 6 feet apart.  In these holes, place a different object in each hole, (a metal bottle cap, a ring, a coin, etc.) Cover the item up with dirt, but for goodness sakes, place some kind of marker over each item that you have buried. A rock works great, as you can write on with a magic marker, identifying said object and the depth. Take your detector and go over the area where you buried the items, and listen to your detector and the different sounds it makes for the different objects.  This has helped me a great deal with my own detector.  No detector is 100% accurate. Heck, if you read some of these stories of people finding coins worth several thousand dollars with their detectors, you will also notice a lot of them thought it was just another bottle top or pull tab before digging it up.

Before I bought my metal detector, I went all over the internet asking questions about different detectors, and asked a lot of people their opinions on the best one to buy.  Everyone had a different opinion, and I ended up thoroughly confused.  Most people just want to help, and they are so excited about their own detector, they just want to share their enthusiasm with someone.  I think it is absolutely great you and your son are sharing this experience together. It is a lot of fun and something you can remember for a long time.

All metal detectors are not created equal.  Some have a lot of bells and whistles on them and some don't. Gosh, the more bells and whistles, the more complicated they seem to be.  I have had my detector for almost 3 years, and have taken it out several times in various areas.  My yard is nail-free, as I have dug up several huge old rusty nails, but I get a feeling of satisfaction when I dig it up, because I found it!

I went to a beach with my niece and actually found 17 cents. It was right after a hurricane, raining and drizzling a little ice here and there. My detector was covered in 3 garbage bags to keep it from getting wet, and we had a blast! We spent hours detecting in the rain, and you would think we were digging up coins the way we carried on.
The most important thing is to have fun....!

Magic12

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6032.msg40828.html#msg40828

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:16:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome to the forums Magic12 and greetings from Perth. You will soon find out that a good portion of the users here hunt in the all metal mode for just the reasons you describe above. I know I have been doing that for years now.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6032.msg40831.html#msg40831

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:15:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello magic12 .  Welcome to the Great Thunting.com Forum . Looking forward to reading more of your posts . Thanks for joining us !!!
HH and Best Regards..........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6032.msg40847.html#msg40847

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline Eugene52
Gold Member

Happy

Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:30:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by spd085
Hi,

I purchased a Treasure Hunter Xj9-3050 off of ebay . I recieved two for the price of one so i guess I only paid 50 bucks for each detector.

I have read a lot of reviews on these detectors and the majority are positive . However when I read a review that is negative it is REALLY NEGATIVE is it because of product loyalty where everyone thinks their Garrett, Minelab, or Whites is the best thing since peanut butter ?

I anyone on here has any experience with the xj9-3050 will you please tell me your thoughts ? I and my son are very new to this hobby and in the future , if he maintains his interest , I may spend $400 or $500 bucks for a name brand detector

I will be anxiously awaiting for a response !!!

Donnie

Hello spd085. Here are some answers to your questions . The XJ9-3050 is a "Made in China" modified combination of Two Chinese made detectors the XJ9 and the Treasure Hunter MD-3019 . If you already bought one for less than $50. dollars o.k. , but it may not last too long and then where do you send it for repair , back to China ? The Treasure Hunter Line of Metal Detectors sold on e-bay by companies like Sylvan do have problems with the micro-processor. So I Recommend not to buy the XJ9-3050 at all ......This is just my opinion..............Regards.........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6032.msg40849.html#msg40849

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

MD-3019.jpg
XJ9-3050.jpg

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 10:45:36 pm by Eugene52 »

Offline Eugene52
Gold Member

Happy

Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 10:42:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Again . The only other thing I discovered today was the XJ9 Treasure Hunter [6.4 khz] is Identical to Garretts Made in China "Predator III" [6.4 khz]. Which might be discontinued now . See the photos :
HH ...................Regards..... Great.....Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6032.msg40852.html#msg40852

There are 3 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Predator Garrett coil.jpg
Predator III.jpg
XJ9.jpg

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 10:44:32 pm by Eugene52 »