[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline fictiveTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

India
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:42:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

I am from India, one of my friend came to me asking for helping him in digging out a hidden treasure (Dry Land). He is confident that there is a box of GOLD jewelry in the farm area, which once belongs to kings who ruled this region. I am interested to know is there any threats when the treasure is dug out like (any poisonous gases which might have formed due to chemical reaction of metal with the soil, etc.). I'm an electronics engineer, with no knowledge on treasure hunting.

Can someone help me with this info, preferably from India, so that they know the local process.

Thanks in advance.
FICTIVE

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg161467.html#msg161467

Offline Gold24K
Copper Member

Gold is healing
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Home build PI
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Buried treasure no problem with toxins or poisonous gasses. Gold is imperishable. Most jewels are too, especially diamonds, rubies, and sapphires. Some jewels will get attacked with soil acids but the byproducts are carbon dioxide and/or mineral salts.

The only problems with poisons is if someone has dumped toxic wastes into the ground and usually the ground will not grow anything on it if there are really toxic substances so that will give a clue if it safe to dig.

Tell your friend to dig up that treasure. Just be sure you have some way to dispose (sell the gold and jewels) that will not get you in trouble with your government. Most countries have some kind of "treasure Trove" laws and you have to be careful about those.

Happy recovery of your treasure,
Gold24K

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg162078.html#msg162078

Gold24K

Offline redflex900
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Pitcairn

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

TF-900 Discovery
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:27:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think that as far I know, there is no such poison except the methane gas which is prevalent when there is a long time void in the area.But it is rare.To be sure, bring along a cage with small bird into the area of digging.The bird will suffocate first if there is a poison in the area.So far, there are always risk involved in treasure hunting,man made or nature made. So it is better to be vigilant all the times while in treasure hunting.

Posted on: April 11, 2011, 01:19:31 AM
One risk involved in digging is that of earth collapsing upon diggers. While excavating see to it that the side of the excavation is secured adequately by forms.Also maintain an angle of cohesion depending on the type of soil.In addition, at water level, the water when in motion due to physical movement will affect the stability of soil in the water level and may cause erosion leading to a crater wide side at the retained water side. This will cause collapse. Therefore the water retained side of the excavation must be protected from the effect of water in motion to avoid erosion.Also excavated and hauled soil including equipments such as pump, etc must be placed at least 3 -6 meters from the hole depending on the discrete condition at the site. This is to avoid the soil and equipment falling into the hole.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg162090.html#msg162090

Offline fictiveTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

India

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 11:34:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Clapp

I appreciate ?GOLD24K? & ?REDFlex900? for their valuable inputs & suggestions. This would help my friend plan better for the HUNTING.

Thanks & Regards.
FICTIVE

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg167713.html#msg167713

Offline oli
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

France

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett ace 250
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 02:55:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Fictive,
You shouldn't have to worry about gases nor ground collapse...these are mining problems, not digging.

Problems you can encounter are cutting blades or rusted items which could hurt you. So be sure to wear a good pair of gloves.

Happy hunting,

Oli

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg167729.html#msg167729

Offline JANJANMAC
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 03:20:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

ok . how to ignore poison canister and bomb?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg167737.html#msg167737

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 03:45:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JANJANMAC
ok . how to ignore poison canister and bomb?

Use the Ignore button on the bottom left side of the post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg169640.html#msg169640

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Steveo
Bronze Member

dug so deep I hit #9 coal
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's M6  :   Garrett 1350 :  Coinmaster tr : Tesoro silver umax : Garrett ace 150
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 07:35:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by redflex900
I think that as far I know, there is no such poison except the methane gas which is prevalent when there is a long time void in the area.But it is rare.To be sure, bring along a cage with small bird into the area of digging.The bird will suffocate first if there is a poison in the area.So far, there are always risk involved in treasure hunting,man made or nature made. So it is better to be vigilant all the times while in treasure hunting.

Posted on: April 11, 2011, 01:19:31 AM
One risk involved in digging is that of earth collapsing upon diggers. While excavating see to it that the side of the excavation is secured adequately by forms.Also maintain an angle of cohesion depending on the type of soil.In addition, at water level, the water when in motion due to physical movement will affect the stability of soil in the water level and may cause erosion leading to a crater wide side at the retained water side. This will cause collapse. Therefore the water retained side of the excavation must be protected from the effect of water in motion to avoid erosion.Also excavated and hauled soil including equipments such as pump, etc must be placed at least 3 -6 meters from the hole depending on the discrete condition at the site. This is to avoid the soil and equipment falling into the hole.

Wow that about covers that danger of treasure digging,that is if your digging that deep...

redflex ....Spoken like a true mining engineer.... Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22712.msg170417.html#msg170417

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: