[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Nightjar
Copper Member

He who never made a mistake never made a discovery
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Minelab GPX-4500
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 05:45:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It would be no different to bringing your new washing machine with you, the warranty wouldn't apply.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224487.html#msg224487

Auriferously
Nightjar

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 03:41:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

It's Totally unethical,
   Where you purchase something should have absolutely no bearing as to the manufacturers obligation under warranty. IMHO if one wants to be a manufacturers Representative. Then that's what they should do, represent. The argument that shipping costs, are the reason a product cost's more in one country than another, is laughable when an individual can buy a single unit from an overseas retailer and land it in Australia, cheaper than they can purchase it here in AUS. For example I live in Toowoomba small town of around 120,000 on the fringe of the Australian outback. This town has one sole dealer for both Minelab and Garrett. Guess how many units of each model and brand he has instore ?
  None, Nada, Zip, Zero If you want to purchase one, he wants the the cash upfront and it's non refundable. To sweeten the deal even more, he is asking $480Aud for an Ace350, I bought mine on Ebay for $327Aud. My local dealer was not interested in price matching, he started citing overhead costs. What overhead costs ? stocking them in store? shipping? The Ebay dealer sent mine 1st class priority it was here in 7 working days. Local dealer said it would take 14 working days ( makes me wonder if he was bidding on Ebay ). The Ebay dealer chucked in an AT Pro cap, a genuine Garret retrieval tool and a finds pouch. The water/dust cover and a Garrett back pack. My local bloke wants $30Aud just for the environment cover. Not a single extra from my local bloke. But some little small time dealer on Ebay can beat him on service and price. Now here comes the Kicker. On the back of " Australian Gold Gem and Treasure " magazine ( I have no problem with AGG&T ) it states, don't buy from overseas as you wont have an Aussie warranty. Guess what, I have to pay shipping costs associated with warranty, even if I do buy local. I have an old A2B Gold Hunter here its coming up to 30 years old, and still works as good as the day it was bought. So unless Garrett have really dropped the ball on quality, I have a feeling warranty claims are fairly unexpected anyway. It's time for Australian Dealers To wake up and realise their monopoly is over. Aussies are no longer isolated in the market place. I have never bought a minelab but I believe the price difference with them is several $1000 between Australia and the US. Now that I have a choice I will pay postage everytime.
Keep On
 Detecting
Gozzo
P.S Postage on the Ace was free.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224517.html#msg224517

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline Nightjar
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Minelab GPX-4500
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 06:30:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Each to their own Gozzo, however, if I was on the other side of the counter and you walked in ranting like you are here, I would certainly not be offering any deals or discounts, as a matter of fact I'd probably hike the price to get rid of you.
Your very naive comment about "What overheads?"
Approx $20.00 to return your detector to Minelab, SA, they pay return and it is usually back in your hands within days. As a matter of fact they will mail it back to the nearest nominated town if you are away on a prospecting trip 1000's of K's from home.
You and I (householders or renters) and every business have overheads in varying amounts.
Try buying a vehicle manufactured in Japan from your local agent, delays can be up to 6 months if your choice is not in stock. (Still recovering from recent disaster)
Buy a lot of items on eBay myself, (Australia & Hong Kong) however would never buy anything costing more than a few hundred dollars from overseas.
Hope you have continuing success with saving $$$'s.

Cheers

Peter

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224519.html#msg224519

Auriferously
Nightjar

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 07:10:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sorry but I don't consider that ranting, just stating facts. And as for having it on the other side of the counter. Like I said they don't even stock them. every dealer in Australia wanted over $400 plus postage. and i didnt have to ask for any deals it was just standard in his deal. And the gun shop in question was about 50 meters from where the water rose to he was unaffected by the flood. I was standing 100 meters from his shop when it went through. No i believe its just greed on the side of the dealers.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224588.html#msg224588

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 06:19:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

I read your profile as you have it posted it STATES......

jeenyritanancy is from

Please Register or Login

www.detectorall.com
which is mainly dealing with the detector transaction. There are many kinds of detectors, such as handheld metal detectors, safety metal detectors, walk through metal detectors, X-Ray inspection systems and so on.

Whats your DEAL Huh???

Your looking to buy a MD but you represent a company selling them, this sounds very FISHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224616.html#msg224616

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 07:47:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well spotted Williamsingr, and his post the bit in blue is a link to his site. Wonder if he realises there is no need for subterfuge.Lol if you want to sell your wares mate just do it in the appropriate area. maybe a mod needs to delete this entire thread ? Dont know if it breaks the rules or not. Ironically i got the latest issue of Australian Gold Gem and Treasure and for those that read it, there is a very disturbing article on page 56 entitled " You get what you pay for " Apparently there are individuals that are selling Counterfeit machines, that on the outside appear real enough, however they are Chinese fakes the machines included are White's GMT Gold Master's, Garrett Super scanners ( which are being sold by someone in the eastern states ) however the article does not state who it is doing it ( most likely for legal reasons ) however i will endevour to find out. Apparently the retailer is claiming that Garrett are having their machines made in China. So if your offered a machine thats priced at a hard to believe price. You may wish to trust your instincts. I sincerely hope this isn't me ranting again, lol.
Once again well spotted Williamsingr.
Keep On
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224620.html#msg224620

Offline Nightjar
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Minelab GPX-4500
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 08:02:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

No Gozzo, it is me ranting this time and placing emphasis on buying local. Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224623.html#msg224623

Auriferously
Nightjar

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 08:49:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nightjar
 I always buy local when its feasible, I live in a really small town just west of Toowoomba it's the first town west in fact. Our local shop/servo sells fuel a couple of cents dearer than town but to try and keep it alive we bought fuel there as well as bread milk papers etc, I even went as far as to get them to order in my magazines just to try and help a local buisness stay alive. but they just kept creeping prices up slowly till as  pensioner's I and my wife just couldn't afford them anymore. We buy Australian whenever we can. We always use small business's when we can to help keep the battlers afloat, but mate as I said when the business owner wants it all their way, and charges almost 50% more for an identical product, not a similar one. Then a line must be drawn. Like most people i'm on Facebook and am a vocal member of a group called Aus Buy Im scottish btw, but i figure  if Australia will give me a home, then I will support her  as much as I can. but common sense has to prevail at times. I dont consider your patriotism as ranting, but if retailers want us to support them they need to support us to.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224626.html#msg224626

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 03:25:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by williamsingr
I read your profile as you have it posted it STATES......

jeenyritanancy is from

Please Register or Login

www.detectorall.com
which is mainly dealing with the detector transaction. There are many kinds of detectors, such as handheld metal detectors, safety metal detectors, walk through metal detectors, X-Ray inspection systems and so on.

Whats your DEAL Huh???

Your looking to buy a MD but you represent a company selling them, this sounds very FISHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That page is a price comparison page. There's nothing fishy here. He just gave you the URL for what he has found.

It's also a drop shipping service much like the one another user here has set up from his page in South Africa.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224658.html#msg224658

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline williamsingr
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1105.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Authorized White's Dealer, V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 05:40:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Why does it say in his profile he is FROM the webpage posted and then goes on to say he deals mainly in metal detector transactions........SOUNDS LIKE HE SELLS THEM TO ME...So why would you ask about buying one if you posted a website selling them !!!!!

Still sounds fishy !!!! If your selling them just come out and say it, no need for smoke and mirrors !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36539.msg224725.html#msg224725

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: