[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline gizmo
Bronze Member

Tesoro Silver umax
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

jetco mustang & tesoro silver umax
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 04:34:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

can i use the mustangs bfo coil with the ETI 561 circuit? want to build one that is more stable crystal controlled, but want to use my 6" search coil from the jetco mustang good coil. however if i open it up it could be more of a deal , does anybody know how many turns is in the mustangs 6" coil head? Idiot Idea

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11369.msg79790.html#msg79790

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 06:54:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

People can dog he BFO all they want but they have a place.

I use one all the time to find black sand deposits for panning.

Works for me.

A good BFO can see what I need 12" down or better.

Just need the ear for the tunes!

Yep!   Don't give up on them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11369.msg79822.html#msg79822

Offline gizmo
Bronze Member

Tesoro Silver umax
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

780.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

jetco mustang & tesoro silver umax
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 07:47:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

can the ETI 561 be used with a mustang 6" coil? any specs would help want to use what i have , cant afford a new machine , this one works good except its unstable because of the circuit design.....any idea would help...... Idea

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11369.msg79845.html#msg79845

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 10:15:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Generally the coil is not critical on the BFO type detector you will just have to adjust the reference frequency to mach the search coil you can do that using a piece of ferrite that you slide inside the reference coil to adjust the frequency or if you are using a crystal then by modifying the oscillation side of it there should be a VR cap or VR resistor or just make a new coil it?s a singe on the BFO

Regards Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11369.msg80002.html#msg80002

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline bayleaf 123
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty TRACKER IV. Joan Allen (BFO) Treasuremaster
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2013, 04:49:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Xavier .  I'm bayleaf from U.K. I have been trying to find info. on an old treasuremaster I removed from junk I was taking to the dump for a neighbour.  I tried several leads here but was pointed to sites like this one , a long way from home ! The treasuremaster is not working (?) and I wanted to speak to somebody more knowledgeable than my self as I have no interest in electronics but I wish to get this m/c working. From your comments you seem to understand , and even like B.F.O. models . You mentioned a preference for the V.L.F. coil , and this detector has one , and I understood your comment about not using the discriminator . There is a discriminator dial facing the operator and I assumed the contact button on the handle was for operation only , I fitted one on an old Joan Allen detector half a century ago to save the battery when digging . It now appears that this button is for the discriminator . More knowledge received , I thank you for that . I am still at a loss to know anything about this detector , for example how many and what type of batteries. The battery link is standard pp9 9 volt but the box would hold at least five of these in a holder with a common attachment. Sorry to seem rambling but I have been to a couple of shops around here and in this country the" assistants" seem to know only the modern , and have no interest in anything of this age . I did go to Joan Allen some time ago , but they were eager to get their hands on their old detector , offering me a discount on a new one . Selling seemed to be their aim , with no interest in the treasuremaster .  Cheers, bayleaf-123

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11369.msg263524.html#msg263524

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 07:30:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bayleaf-123

Sorry for the late reply. you did not tell us what treasurmaster you have? also could you post some photos of it and the battery compartment?

All the best
Xavier   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11369.msg264120.html#msg264120

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline karvol22
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Argentina

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

personal
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 04:28:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Un saludo desde Argentina, quisiera preguntarte si tienes conocimiento del ClonePI-II, yo arme el con pic del clone, anda muy bien pero decidí armar el ClonePI-II, pero tengo varios problemas, hay dos versiones de la placa impresa, aparte quisiera saber como tener tu mail, debido a que tengo interés de hablar con vos sobre otro tema, cuando te cuente te vas a reír, pero parece ser que SOS mi hermano gemelo, discúlpame si cometo un error porque es la primera vez que escribo en un foro, todavía no  tengo mucha experiencia en foro, pero me da gusto de estar aquí en algo que es de mi interés .. Saludos Enrique

Posted on: February 23, 2014, 04:22:56 am
Hi Javier
Greetings from Argentina, I would ask if you have knowledge of ClonePI-II, armed with pic of the clone, doing very well but decided to put together the ClonePI-II, but have several problems, there are two versions of the printed board besides me know like having your mail, because I have interest in talking to you about another issue, when I tell you you're going to laugh, but it seems that SOS my twin brother, forgive me if I make a mistake it is the first time I write in a forum I have not yet experienced in forum, but I'm glad to be here on something that is of interest to me .. regards Enrique

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11369.msg273386.html#msg273386

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: