[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dandequilleTopic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: September 06, 2006, 07:15:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In 1990 I went as an observer to the Electroscope championship event in Pennsylvania.
     The hunt was in a huge unmowed wheat field where the foliage reached three to four feet and very thick.  It was hard for people to walk in the area let alone find something.  Many caches, each consisting of a paper cup of silver coins, had be thrown into the field previously from various spots so that searchers could not see any paths to the silver.  Tommy Veal won the main event that year.
      The night after the hunt, Dave Rendina, the author of ?The Eastern Treasure Hunter? came to me and said the field was open to anybody who wanted to search it.  He said a fellow was there really doing well.  I went to watch the area with Dave.   I saw this guy sweeping his Electroscope Model 20  at the field and then walk in and pick up something.  He yelled, smiled, and shook a cup so other hunters could hear the sound of coins hitting the side of the cup.  The searchers would look up and then continue their hunting.  Some found caches but the guy we were watching did the best.  I later talked with the successful hunter.
     Rod said he didn?t find one cache in the competition hunt.  He thought he was trying to hard.  He said when he was at ease and things were going well the scope would work well.   He had learned that if he was having a bad day he would just lay his LRL down and come back another day.  Of course, on the competition day he had to scope no matter what.
     That evening he found nine caches.  The next day he found five more.  He said he didn?t even need to box an area. He knew in advance the caches were only 40 to 60 feet away so he only needed small triangles to locate the point of intersection.  He moved four or five feet from his first line and then simply moved down one of the lines, fanning his Model 20 until he crossed the imaginary other line and he would practically step on the silver.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,291.msg1246.html#msg1246

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 07:38:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very interesting Dandequille, where at in Pennsylvania was this at...Is it a yearly event?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,291.msg1248.html#msg1248

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Offline dandequilleTopic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:07:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

The LRL competition started in 1989 and ended a few years later.  Kenny Logan won the competition and Steve White the last.  I even tried one year but didn't find a single cache.  Tommy Veal saw me afterwards and said the battery was no good in the machine.  I sort of think the battery in me wasn't too good.
     The hunts were in Northern Pennyslvania near  the tiny town of Oregon Hill.  There is a ski area not far from there and the event was near this ski area.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,291.msg1249.html#msg1249

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 06:11:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for your help...Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,291.msg1263.html#msg1263

Toolbox's Diver Down

Please Register or Login

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 07:36:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

MFD location confirmed by Professional Geologist using Ground Penetrating Radar.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,291.msg1268.html#msg1268

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

ct.jpg

« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 07:39:17 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 02:23:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Dell did you ever dig up those finds to conferm them for sure?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,291.msg1273.html#msg1273

Toolbox's Diver Down

Please Register or Login

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 09:54:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

This was not my project. I was contracted independently to conduct an MFD survey of the State owned Island. I had Dowsed a nautical chart of the island before I left Florida, so I already had in mind the locations I wanted to check when I arrived.

I travelled to the state capital with the group and entrauge of media where meetings, and hearings were held with State representatives to obtain permission to excavate. A lot of enviormental, and historical  factors had to be considered. At the time I was there they were still reviewing the permit application. I don't think permission to excavate was ever granted, and in this case ,I think the State made a wise decision.

Because of all the media coverage, people were bringing coins and artifacts they and their ancestors had found on the Island, and inside tunnels under the island..

A drawing of a secret cellar at a famous historical haunted house  in town had been found and I was asked to do a survey to determine if the cellar room contained Gold, Silver, or any thing of value. Nothing was detected. But, it was an interesting learning experience, and I was able to discover the reason the lady who owned the  haunted house could not live in the house. This is another story.

To satisfy my curiosity, while I was there I rented a car and drove to an area where I had  map Dowsed as the "Sultan's" treasure being buried. The Frequency Discriminator indicated anomalies of Gold & Silver at that location so I can't deny the possibility of treasure of some kind being buried there.

I picked up a virus on this venture that almost killed me when I arrived home.

I think the Geologist firm was paid $30,000 for the GPR report. The cost of the project just to try to obtain permits, no doubt exceeded $100,000.

Two months after the trip I was visited at my home by the Florida State comptroller, who was investigating  the group for FTC allegations of stock fraud. Two of their investor's I talked with supported the group fully, however I think the Treasure group fled the country to avoid legal expenses and possible prosecution. I haven't heard anything about them since.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,291.msg1283.html#msg1283

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: