[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 10:26:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Definition of Detect: to discern the existence, or presence of.

Quote:Posted by {author}
None of the LRLs I've ever seen can do it. Dell admits his LRLs can't do it, and seems to agree with me that none of the others can do it, either.  -Carl

Let me clarify before this becomes misconstrued. In the technical sense, the  LRL's I am familiar with, including my own  Do Not detect the physical target itself. They only react to the "field" of an anomaly which can be detected under favorable conditions at, or above the surface of the ground using either Rod(s) or electronics, to meter the "field" of the anomaly.

I have never said Gold has never been found and recovered, or cannot be found with the aid of an LRL, or MFD. On the contary. Over the past 20 years there have been hundreds,if not thousands  of  user reports of finding Gold, Silver, Artifacts, and certain Gemstones using these Black Box technologies. I have been a witness to a few of those recoveries myself.

I also said, that statistics show that no one has ever won Randi's or Carl's, so called challenge in 20 years. That is a precedent they have established for everyone, being unable to pass their contrived  criteria for testing  Dowsing, LRL and MFD. So far, there has been no denial from Randi, or Carl, that their  promotion of these Challenges are nothing more than self serving publicity Gimmicks as the statistics appear to indicate.

Carl, it is my guess that any number of the LRL's you write prejudiced reports about will detect the "Field" of a buried anomaly, and probably the "field" of a Gold anomaly as well.

All you have to do is learn how to use any one of them. You say you have bought 20 LRL's so far that you can't use?

I don't see the logic in having so many, but I'll give you $25 for the Raven. I would have offered $150, but now, thanks to you, I don't have to guess, or buy one to know what's inside.

I can't tell by looking at a product, or a photo of a product like you can, and determine if, or how well it works. But, my guess is that the Raven, will detect the "Field" of  buried Gold.

I do agree that the prices of competitor products are extremely exaggerated  compared to the technology that is used, but then, so are my  own home made products. But, perhaps a bit less exaggerated in  claims, and prices, than theirs.

The Raven product, is the first meaningful LRL expose you have ever done, and you didn't even have to write a prejudiced report.  Congratulations,   I liked it!     Dell

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1389.html#msg1389

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 10:32:40 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2006, 08:20:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'll think about trying to get in contact with Rod.  I don't think it  appropriate to unleash your testing ideas on an unsuspecting person without him having prior knowledge. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1401.html#msg1401

Offline Carl-NCTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 08:59:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dandequille
I'll think about trying to get in contact with Rod.  I don't think it  appropriate to unleash your testing ideas on an unsuspecting person without him having prior knowledge. 

That's fine.

What about you? Do you have an LRL that can detect gold? Or have you decided it doesn't do what you thought it could do?

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1403.html#msg1403

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 11:27:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Carl,
     OK, let's do your test.  We can meet in Marshalltown, Iowa next spring or early summer.  That is about half way between your area and mine. I know someone there that would be more than willing to help you out. 
    Of course we will have to clear it first because last I heard dogs, police, and a gun toting coat hanger swinger meant to keep me out of town.
    Do you promise not to do any silver dollar type tricks?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1411.html#msg1411

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2006, 11:43:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dandequille
Carl,
     OK, let's do your test.  We can meet in Marshalltown, Iowa next spring or early summer.  That is about half way between your area and mine. I know someone there that would be more than willing to help you out. 
    Of course we will have to clear it first because last I heard dogs, police, and a gun toting coat hanger swinger meant to keep me out of town.
    Do you promise not to do any silver dollar type tricks?

Unless you're a manufacturer, the burden of travel is yours, as is clearly stated in the challenge. I live in NC, so if you can travel to Iowa, then NC will cost almost nothing more. Let me know...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1412.html#msg1412

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2006, 04:28:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Shucks, Carl, I already had part of the money spoken for.  I better cancel that downpayment on the new car.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1417.html#msg1417

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2006, 05:32:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So you've realized that your Escope doesn't detect gold?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1418.html#msg1418

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2006, 10:46:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Carl,
     We have already discussed the meaning of detect so there isn't much to be added to that subject.
    Maybe in the future my sister will be moving to NC and if so some day I would visit her.  At that time I could make arrangements with you to collect your $25,000.
    I still like the idea of Marshalltown.  Our event might draw a lot of interest if we haggle about things on the internet.  Maybe we could get XXX and Steve White to sort of have a preliminary event where XXX with his bent coat hangers and Steve with the black box could see who would find the most.  During their duel you could be burying your gold bar, or whatever it is, digging a bunch of other holes, and smoothing out the ground so I couldn't read any signs other than what the scope would pick up.  I could sit behind some sort of curtain polishing the antennas or something, awaiting the grand event.  It shouldn't take Steve very long to trounce the coat hanger man.
     I could stall around pretending I wasn't sure of what the scope would do to build up some tension in the crowd.  Then, finally, I would extract the gold bar from the hole as your mouth gaped open in surprise.
    After payment of the $25,000 we could all go to lunch, my treat.  Well, in a way it would be your treat as you would actually be paying for it.
    The Marshalltown event sounds much more fun than just a couple of old guys trying to prove a point in SC.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1423.html#msg1423

Offline toolboxdiver
Scuba Privateer
Gold Member

Pirate For Hire
Scuba Privateer
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1895.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2006, 09:23:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

You go Dandequille...Smiley...sounds like your on the right track with this...Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg1429.html#msg1429

Toolbox's Diver Down
Commercial and Scuba Diving Service
Underwater Prospecting & Treasure Hunter

Please Register or Login

Offline n_f
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

none yet
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2009, 08:40:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

I find it amaising to discover there are supporters for the LRL. Maybe they are somehow involved and make money out of them. Not by finding gold, of course Smiley Or they just like arguing against people who have knowledge and logic. It is so easy to setup a test. Hide in a defined field ten pieces of gold 5cm deep and let anybody with LRL's to search for them, then allow any experienced operator of a standard metal detector to search the same field, and let those people see what the results are...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,298.msg29464.html#msg29464

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5    Go Up
Jump to: