[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2009, 02:56:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Cornelius
The idea of finding gold by using a digital camera is hogwash !  Don't you guys see that there is always something being offered after you watched the movies ?   You must be very uneducated to go for this scam , or you maybe too young to have the right education yet . If you have any understanding of Physics you have to agree with me . Not that I care much about what you want to spend your time on but this is the last of what I will say about this subject . I only will stress the point that you should get some education before believing this junk .  Cornelius

As a member of the uneducated masses whose only inkling of physics is the law of gravity, thank you for your most unscientific evaluation (re: hogwash!) of the matter. Actually a little more elaboration and elucidation would have been appreciated, but since you're obviously not in a sharing mood, it's alright. I shall carry on experimenting.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg62879.html#msg62879

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Dowsing Rod
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter, Dowsing rods
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2009, 04:55:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Some of us appreciate your working on this.  Map dowsing should not work, yet somehow does, and has been proven.  Any tool we have toward treasure finding is a plus.  Keep up the good work and thankyou for updates.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg62885.html#msg62885

Offline Diggerbarns
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2009, 06:45:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist

Sun came out for a brief spell so decided to try the battery charger and probe trick with regards to detecting gold with digital camera.  No luck.

Tried second trick I've heard of. Shinning an ultraviolet light in area whilst taking picture. At first thought I'd got lucky only to realize the aura I was picking up was just the reflection of ultraviolet light on grass. Figured this out by photographing a different area with same results. This was done in the evening maybe should give it another try during the day.

Experiments were carried out on my metal grave yard with filters in place on camera.

Showeee  Next trick in the book is to put a drop of UV ink between two  pieces of glass and place that in front of lens.  Will leave that for another day as I've no ink and its freezing out there.

Do you think all this messing around with my camera will damage the IR filter within? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong, IR filter within should be removed?

Regards Diggerbarns

Hi there

Just figured out where we are going wrong.  Check out NASA's WISE project; read Facts 8 & 9.

Please Register or Login

www.jpl.nasa.gov/wise/facts.cfm

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg62891.html#msg62891

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2009, 11:16:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dowsing Rod
Some of us appreciate your working on this.  Map dowsing should not work, yet somehow does, and has been proven.  Any tool we have toward treasure finding is a plus.  Keep up the good work and thankyou for updates.

Thank you Dowsing Rod. I try my best to keep an open mind on most things, and yes, map dowsing had been proven to me by an amazingly talented chap from this very forum. One day when the conditions are right I hope to make a recovery of something valuable from his work. So far, he has been able to dowse out iron and alloys from my photos and Google Earth maps. There are still a few spots he dowsed that I have yet to exploit, but will surely do so. Another update on the IR filter matter is below.

Quote:Posted by Diggerbarns
Hobbyist

Sun came out for a brief spell so decided to try the battery charger and probe trick with regards to detecting gold with digital camera.  No luck.

Tried second trick I've heard of. Shinning an ultraviolet light in area whilst taking picture. At first thought I'd got lucky only to realize the aura I was picking up was just the reflection of ultraviolet light on grass. Figured this out by photographing a different area with same results. This was done in the evening maybe should give it another try during the day.

Experiments were carried out on my metal grave yard with filters in place on camera.

Showeee  Next trick in the book is to put a drop of UV ink between two  pieces of glass and place that in front of lens.  Will leave that for another day as I've no ink and its freezing out there.

Do you think all this messing around with my camera will damage the IR filter within? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong, IR filter within should be removed?

Regards Diggerbarns

Hi there

Just figured out where we are going wrong.  Check out NASA's WISE project; read Facts 8 & 9.

Please Register or Login

www.jpl.nasa.gov/wise/facts.cfm

Diggerbarns, thank you for the update and I hope you will find success soon. I don't think your camera's IR built-in IR filter will be harmed. My camera still functions normally, but then again it's an old one and should its IR filter fail, no loss to me. I am also seriously thinking of getting the in-camera IR filter removed, if feasible.

The link you posted was most interesting. What do you think of placing dry ice or ice cubes near or around the lens in a poor man's effort to duplicate NASA's cooling system?

My own trials have yet to yield a result. I slapped on some developed unexposed 35mm film to the IR filter, and while it made the photos darker, still no aura. The Cokin IR filter is 720nanometers. I believe I shall have to somehow get proper 850 and 1000 nanometer filters. Have you tried such filters out?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg62947.html#msg62947

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline hell hound
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2010, 01:46:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey David  i was just wondering if you have to do any thing to the polaroid camera before it picks up any treasure

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg74521.html#msg74521

Offline Tuxnor
Bronze Member

Thank you9

Activity
0%
Male
Sweden

227.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Xp Deus V3.2 ,Garrett at gold , Whites GMT,Whites surf pi silverdog UK clone,Trevor Hill gold pic 3,Deltapulse,Garys pulse-2
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2010, 01:22:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not alien
99% silverplate layed out on several other metallplates
and contains  pictogram on it..also google 99% silver plate
try out camshooting over big flat corn fields
See link benith

Please Register or Login

http://www.alien-earth.org/forum/aitem.php?message=11130&show=0208&page=1

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg74870.html#msg74870

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:29:05 pm by Tuxnor »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2010, 06:27:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cant find The Polaroid here.

They stopped making it.

I used it to make my home made X-Ray photos with a Diode Tube from old color TV

.     Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg74905.html#msg74905

Offline hell hound
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2010, 07:51:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello to all members i was just wondering if any of guys know how to make a home made ground penetrating radar i am interested in trying to build one my self any suggestions would be muchly appreciated

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg74923.html#msg74923

Offline Tuxnor
Bronze Member

Thank you9

Activity
0%
Male
Sweden

227.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Xp Deus V3.2 ,Garrett at gold , Whites GMT,Whites surf pi silverdog UK clone,Trevor Hill gold pic 3,Deltapulse,Garys pulse-2
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2010, 11:37:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Might play with Photoshop..plugins filter
then start browse your old negatives

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg74962.html#msg74962

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

meDowst.jpg

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:40:45 pm by Tuxnor »
Offline Diggerbarns
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2010, 01:24:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist. I note I never got around to answering your last question put to me with regards to filter use. Got side stepped with Xmas and New year. A friend has let me run riot in his studio and has assisted big time with gadgetry but, to no avail.  There must be a trick to the whole process that we are not getting or.....we lack the correct info. How you getting on - any luck yet?

Kind regards Diggerbarns

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg74971.html#msg74971

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: