[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 49   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 10:19:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Diggerbarns, it's quite alright. My own New Year (the year of the tiger 4077) celebrations are still on-going for another 6 days. No luck here too...only plenty of reddish photos despite all ways of digital filters and enhancements. Hot sunny weather is here at last, so I'll be making more attempts. As for whether we got the wrong info or not, I just don't know; I did purchase the e-book on this method last year and have tried my best to follow it.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg75031.html#msg75031

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline themason
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2010, 03:34:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Is anybody here who tested this theory sucessfully?? I talked to my boss, he`s a physicist and he said that it could work, but it depends on the size of the object and the depth.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg75880.html#msg75880

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2010, 09:21:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by themason
Is anybody here who tested this theory sucessfully?? I talked to my boss, he`s a physicist and he said that it could work, but it depends on the size of the object and the depth.

Maybe that is the key to it....the size of the object. I've been using a gold ring as test target and it may be too small to have been picked up. David used gold coins in his video.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76124.html#msg76124

Offline themason
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2010, 01:58:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

I`m sure that (if it realy works) depends on the size and depht of the objects. If it works with gold it must work with other metals too. I ordered an infraredfilter for my digitalcamera (sony alpha 200) and will test it. The first thing I will do is to see if there are differences between the metals in unburried condition. Another factor is the surrounding temperature i think. We will see Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76181.html#msg76181

Offline Diggerbarns
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2010, 02:10:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

I've buried the sum total of 11 small gold coins. Bought on a trip to South Africa at a place called 'Gold Reef City'.  I buried them just like that, no container or cover, at a depth of just over half a meter - 5/6 months later still no results:-(

Themason: Tried the infrared, never worked for me. Tried the black light used by forensic experts, never worked for me. I've got a 'grave yard' of buried metals and so far had no luck with digital cameras and filters detecting any of them.  I've been running tests since early Autumn and during Winter. Maybe a blistering hot summers day will bring something out.

Please let us know of your results, if any, and exactly how you went about obtaining them.

Regards
Diggerbarns

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76182.html#msg76182

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2010, 02:22:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

There's nothing magical about the Charge Coupled Device in the modern digital camera that will allow you to see either the difference in temperature of gold versus the surrounding earth or any kind of aura. The gold coins have long ago reached equilibrium and will not, can not react any differently with regards to the surrounding temperature of the soil. You will never see anything no matter how long you wait.

If you leave them buried and lose your mind, die, go to prison or any number of things that force you to leave them where they are, you have just created the DiggerBarns treasure story. How cool is that? Ok, so it's not that cool regarding your safety but for the rest of us . . .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76183.html#msg76183

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline themason
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2010, 02:24:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

In my opinion it sounds a little bit like an esoteric wish for me thet it works. in the theory it makes sense but in the reality there are to much factors against it like temperature, depth, condition of the soil etc. In my time in university i worked sometimes with airial photography. Some are mad with infrared or thermocameras, but the best results were made with simple black and white photography and even here the results depend on season, daytime, plants etc. If the infraredphotography would work, achaeologists would use it more often for their work. Only my opinion.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76184.html#msg76184

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2010, 02:36:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very true, Themason. Satellite imagery is much different than burying a coin in soil. The photos from satellites only reflect differences in infrared that are associated with the surface of the area photographed or from solar and geothermal activity. If there is no added energy, there is nothing different between one spot and another. Sometimes the plants themselves add the energy and other times it's from sunlight being absorbed or reflected by the area being photographed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76185.html#msg76185

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline themason
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2010, 02:48:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

It sounds like the story that i`v heard about the russians locating the cocosisland treasure with a satelite photo.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76187.html#msg76187

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2010, 08:53:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Themason, could you ask your physicist why he thinks it could work? Not that I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm curious as to why he said so. Before I got into this little IR experiment, I was thinking that the only way buried metals could show up on IR was from heating up/cooling down faster/slower than the surrounding soil.
The only time I ever seen an "aura" was when I tried out one of those special aura cameras at a mall years ago. I think it was called kirlian photography or something like that. Paid the man and he took a photo of me. The photo was so foggy-red that I couldn't make out any features. Ah well. Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4498.msg76226.html#msg76226

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 49   Go Up
Jump to: