[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 02:53:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi AJ;

What kind of pinpointers are you talking about?

I can't recommend any LRL to buy. There is a great chance none of them will work for you and that would be a waste of money.
I have had limited success with alot of them. Zero with some. Silver is the easiest to find. It seems like they sometimes accidentally make a unit that works. The test I have ran against the H-3 Tec and the Bionic 01 have shown that 4 of the units I use get the same results. I even had 1 target way out of their range. But they did get the exact same signals.
Were some of them minerals and micro gold--for sure.
Would I spend that kind of money--NO.   

If I was still looking for single coins, I wouldn't fool with a LRL. Best to stick with a good coil unit.

Are you willing to chase 10 or 15 spots to find 1 good one? Depends on what you are looking for.

Dang RO you must be psychic. Does this mean you want me to drag these things out and take a picture?
Guess I could set them on some of the letters from Stack's auction and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121188.html#msg121188

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 03:49:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
I don't know if it works or not at this point. There is only 1 way to be sure. IF it locates a cache.

How many caches have you found?

Quote:Posted by {author}
I  actually dug 1 of them and found a piece of white rock about 2 1/2 ft down.

Wow. A rock. Well, when nothing else is found in the hole, there's bound to be a rock, so we can always say it musta been the rock that was detected.

So out of all the "hits" you mentioned, you only dug one of them? Why? You should dig every target indication, and keep an accurate log of exactly what is found each time. I believe if you do this (and not just dig what a metal detector verifies) you will find underwhelming evidence that the LRL is doing anything useful.

As far as can cameras see gold, if you knew what was flying around over our heads right now, you would panic. We've been able to "see"
in the ground for a long time now.

No, I doubt I would panic. I used to subscribe to the IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing where satellite imaging techniques are widely discussed. I have no doubt of the usefulness of these methods. But a handheld digital camera that can detect a buried gold ring? SHOW ME.

Here's a little experiment for you to try... take 10 numbered paper plates and place them on the ground in a line... take whatever gold you have and place it under one of the paper plates, that being chosen by a good random method... take a pic with your MaxFynd camera and send the pic to Blanes for him to identify the location of the gold. He should be able to easily do this several times with 100% success. I bet he can't.

- Carl

Posted on: October 17, 2010, 04:35:11 PM
Quote:Posted by aj3755
Recently some one has found 60 gold coins of the Archaemenian dynasty (529-330 B.C.) by using that camera. they were buried at a depth of 11 feet. You can visit the ebay to see the coins' pic.

So says the guy selling the camera.

According to what you have stated, the camera has found the spots which have already been located by other 3 LRLs and also by H3-tech, so, in that case, not only the camera but also all other LRLs must be critisized due to their false indications.

A-yup, verifying one self-deception with other self-deceptions is a zero-sum game. You'll dig a lot of rocks.

I do not know why you have not used a pinpointer with LRLs to verify the spots.

It's all about illusion. Anyone who would bother to thoroughly and scientifically test this stuff would have that illusion shattered. But this would ruin the fun of pretending to be a Big Time Treasure Hunter using the latest Professional Equipment.

I own some top of the line pinpointers, I am just looking for a good LRL. Which LRL do you recommend me to buy? Do you think the H3-tech is a reliable one?

The H3-Tec is a dowsing rod. It will work just as well as any other LRL, which is to say, not at all.

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121200.html#msg121200

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 04:18:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

LOL!    Some Place on this mess I did a Video  of trying to Refect IR off Gold.

It did not Work.

You sure must  have more money then me if your going to buy this Item.

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/black_box_technologies/digital_cameras_can_see_buried_gold-t4498.20.html

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121218.html#msg121218

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 04:31:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
You sure must  have more money then me if your going to buy this Item.

Judging by your previous complaints about being perpetually short of funds, I'd say a schoolboy with his lunch money could own you, mate! Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121225.html#msg121225

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 05:27:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Caches found-3 all silver. Largest had 100 franklins. Likely from a bootlegger stash. One was 3 pieces of jewelry so I don't know if that qualify's. Other a small tin box with dimes and quarters.

Let's see.  I find locations. Other people find the same ones with no indication of where they are or that I had even looked. I take pictures of them. I send them to Australia with no information about them. They find the exact same spots. Hmmmm.

I dig one up (a white rock) and the signal is gone. Hmmm again.

I have detectors to save me from digging on a no target spot. I'm not doing research on what's not there. Most of the micro and mineral deposits are well below my digging range, so I could care less.

Why try a test in the yard with a known target?  If I understand what the "aura" is, it takes some time for it to form.

If it works, he should find a real target soon. Or if I figure it out, I'll do it myself.

As far as pinpointing each spot, I do that everytime, and I have dug a lot of targets that were locked onto from a distance.

When removed, no signal or it moved to another spot. Not a foot away,but right where the unit said it was.

The point is that whatever I'm doing is partially working. I am locating targets in areas where there is nothing else there, as the golf ball test proved. And IF this camera thing works it will save me a lot of time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121236.html#msg121236

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 05:46:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Caches found-3 all silver. Largest had 100 franklins. Likely from a bootlegger stash. One was 3 pieces of jewelry so I don't know if that qualify's. Other a small tin box with dimes and quarters.

Sure...right. You seem like a believable type of person  :Smiley

Naw..............who am I kidding.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121243.html#msg121243

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 05:52:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Judging by your previous complaints about being perpetually short of funds, I'd say a schoolboy with his lunch money could own you, mate! Wink

You Might Be in the Right about that!  It's depends on the School Boy!  I know some that get a $500.00 a week Allowance.

I'm on the Net! I can't be that Broke.

Maybe, I'm scrimping on my Dogs food to be here!

Maybe, I go out on the properties and shoot Rabbits to Boil and Feed them?

You have NO Idea Who I am.

You Have NO Idea were I've Been.

You Have NO Idea What I've done in my life.

Just Call Me Your Friend!

That is what I call You.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121245.html#msg121245

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:54:14 pm by homefire »
Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 06:11:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Let's see.  I find locations. Other people find the same ones with no indication of where they are or that I had even looked. I take pictures of them. I send them to Australia with no information about them. They find the exact same spots. Hmmmm.

Again, this is confirming self-deception with self-deception. Learn how to design a truly scientific test.

I dig one up (a white rock) and the signal is gone. Hmmm again.

Self-deception. You "see" what you want to see.

I have detectors to save me from digging on a no target spot.

Why would there be no target? Does the LRL only work on a random basis?

Why try a test in the yard with a known target?  If I understand what the "aura" is, it takes some time for it to form.

The reason is to apply some modicum of scientific rigor to evaluating the device, instead of running around pretending it works. According to Blanes' eBay ad, it's "EASILY PROVEN WITH SAMPLES OR GOLD WATCH, RING ETC." No waiting for that darned aura to from. So try what I suggested, and have him prove it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121246.html#msg121246

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 06:58:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm trying to understand what you are getting at.

Are you saying all of us self deceived ourselves at different times on exactly the same spots???  Can you imagine the odds of 5 people picking the SAME spots out of over 500 acres of area?  Seems the self deception may lie in another area. And how is finding an unknown target not as scientific as the shell game in the yard? I'm not a sample hunter.

And again I forget the wording must be precise. "No target that I am interested in digging out of the ground" even though there is something that caused a Lock on that spot.

I have no reason to lie about any of this. The truth may not feel good about some of these things, but it is what it is. I can't help that. I'm not going to agree with some of the goofy things I hear just to make a skeptic happy. Violent I am always open to things I see even if I don't understand them. Have no overwhelming urge to understand the universe.

Come on a hunt with us, get some real first hand facts. See the units lock on a target, chase it down, triangulate it, run the detectors over it, run the gpr over it, dig it or leave it. Look for another one. It's all good sport. (unless the hogs get involved). The only condition is that you would have to be a "silent' observer, and save the questions till later.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121250.html#msg121250

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 09:47:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
You Might Be in the Right about that!  It's depends on the School Boy!  I know some that get a $500.00 a week Allowance.

I'm on the Net! I can't be that Broke.

Maybe, I'm scrimping on my Dogs food to be here!

Maybe, I go out on the properties and shoot Rabbits to Boil and Feed them?

You have NO Idea Who I am.

You Have NO Idea were I've Been.

You Have NO Idea What I've done in my life.

Just Call Me Your Friend!

That is what I call You.

Of course you're a friend. As Paladin would have said, "Have detector, will travel!"

I look forward to the day I pass through Deming and we spend some time trying to drain a keg or two.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18598.msg121293.html#msg121293

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Jump to: