[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rational ObserverTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:44:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is an example of how the US Court systems deem fraudulent devices/items and prevents the unsuspecting public from being defrauded.

This particular Long Range Locator ended up in the UK and was recently in the news. Google ADE 651 for more on that and current legal issues in the UK.

I would like to note....this court action is separate from the *Jury Trial of the manufacturer. This court action has no relativity on the WIRE FRAUD charges, and the outcome of the MAIL/WIRE FRAUD does not...and did not...alter this ruling.

Again.....the MAIL/WIRE FRAUD trial is irrelevant, as this thread is about the fraudulent device 

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=5204199231633494314&q

* August 22, 1996, a federal grand jury returned indictments on mail/wire fraud charges and came to trial in January 1997. On January 29, 1997 the men were acquitted of all charges by a federal jury.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147891.html#msg147891

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:01:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well RO I think that says it all and all the conspiracy theories are not worth a toss, and i bet afew toys are gonna get thrown out the
pram ( baby buggie )( stroller ) now, But on a lighter side if people are happy to use such things it's their right and i won't put them down for it, It's their right and i will respect that and good luck to them,

But RO i'm with you on this one , Weldone on you're research but i must say it was a bugger read that lawyer speak but i got it
and anyone who reads it will see it

Posted on: February 22, 2011, 07:46:40 PM
I like the way the government steped in and said enough is enough, The only down side is the time the legal process takes to stop these (consumers) people from gettin their fingers burnt , but at least it got delt with

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147922.html#msg147922

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 08:10:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good stuff RO.
I hope they shut down all the conman selling this crap. If people wants to try it fine, I tried it back in the 70's and it cost me zero. But the clowns selling a couple rods worth 5 bucks for 2 grand has to stop they are becoming a black eye on the treasure hunting community.
The H3TEC bunch has got to go, I understand that the state of Texas AG is investigating them and close to inditing at least 3 sales man.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147931.html#msg147931

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What is incredible, is that they new they did'nt work yet they still thought they were going to be able to sell them if they did'nt make claims in their adverts, some people are dumb enough to be twins, I'm all fer people trying to make a buck but not through lie's and
deceit, heck money is hard enough to get, without loosing it because of people or those who run these scams

I hear the sales broachers make good compost, works wonders on my tomatoes Grin Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147937.html#msg147937

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nothing New .   These guys started in the states and Moved to the UK.

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQMwXo1SSVo#noexternalembed

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147940.html#msg147940

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 08:51:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

They sneaked under the wire, but they screwed the government so they'll git it now

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147943.html#msg147943

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 09:19:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Man thats some serious charges there, I hope they try those fools for Murder,
cause essentially selling those "Bomb Detectors" that did not work ,
led to the eventual murder of hundreds of people.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147952.html#msg147952

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 09:23:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well i'd give them all one and sit them in the middle of a mine field ,then they get to do some quality control work on their time

Posted on: February 22, 2011, 09:21:39 PM
The Troops risk enough so people like that have liberty and then they do this to them as a thank you

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147956.html#msg147956

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 09:26:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

i would say turn em loose at the 100 yd target line and let the troops fire them up !!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg147958.html#msg147958

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 02:50:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A federal judge on Monday permanently barred a South Carolina company from making or selling the Quadro Tracker, a device supposedly able to detect a slew of items, from illicit drugs to golf balls

U.S. District Judge Thad Heartfield, citing fear that the device could lead to civil rights violations and calling it a fraud, extended a temporary order he issued against Quadro Corp. of Harleyville, S.C., in February

"None of the operational tests conducted by witnesses showed that Quadro's devices could locate objects except by chance,"the judge wrote. "Like the dowser with a divining rod, the user of a Quadro Tracker must ultimately rely upon, not science, but the belief that it works.

Now the rest of the story..

Description and claims
The Quadro Tracker was invented by Wade L. Quattlebaum, a former used car salesman from Harleyville, South Carolina. He was said to have devised the Quadro Tracker after he was trying to invent something to find lost golf balls.[2] It was sold through his company, the Quadro Corporation, between 1993 and 1996. Around 1,000 Quadro Trackers were sold at prices of between $400 and $8,000 per unit.[3]

Users
Numerous US school boards, airports and police departments purchased the Quadro Tracker before it was banned. The Blue Valley Unified School District and Shawnee Mission School District in Kansas bought Quadro Trackers for $955 per unit to detect drugs and ammunition in local schools.[8] Polk County Public Schools in Florida bought several Quadro Trackers to share between its schools.[9] Houston School District paid $2,000 for two of the devices but never used them. School officials in the McKinney Independent School District declined to discontinue using the device even after it was banned, saying that they hoped it would be a deterrent: "We're not looking to nail a particular kid. We're looking to send a message."[10] A similar justification was offered by the principal of Carencro High School in Louisiana: "I heard that there had been some trouble with it, but I tell you what. I'm impressed with it. And this is not necessarily going to be used to catch kids with drugs. If my having this thing keeps kids from bringing drugs on campus, it's worth its weight in gold."[11]
The Texas Department of Public Safety used a Quadro Tracker in a failed attempt to find the body of the murdered 7-year-old Carlin Smith.[10] Police departments in a number of counties, including Jefferson County, Florida and Madison County, Florida also bought the device.[12] The Jefferson County, Texas narcotics task force spent $3,250 on a Quadro Tracker. The task force's commander later said: "We played with it in the office and got mixed results. Sometimes we'd find something, sometimes not. Our rate of success was about half. I think it was either blind luck or a ouija board effect. It's not near as consistent as (drug-sniffing) dogs, but there are no vet bills."[13
]
On August 22, 1996, a federal grand jury returned indictments on mail fraud charges against Quadro Corp.; Wade L. Quattlebaum, the company's president; Raymond L. Fisk, the vice-president; Malcolm S. Roe, the company secretary; and William J. Long, a distributor. The case came to trial in January 1997. On January 29, 1997 the three men were acquitted of all charges by a federal jury.[1]

Broke but free?makes one wonder if the government  had any real proof?Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21572.msg148109.html#msg148109

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: