[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 10:55:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree.  Because of those differences any  democratic society has to have enforcable  rules to exist.
Freedom for everyone to do whatever they please, or say whatever they please against others  without responsibility  usually results in dissention and chaos.

In my view, Christian, has now accepted responsibility for the content of his forums and taken the right path to be successful with it.   Kudos!   Dell

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg518.html#msg518

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 10:57:57 am by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 01:25:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have read Bill's posts over the years.  He is always a polite gentleman in his writing.  I think Bill is a good choice for a fair moderator.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg522.html#msg522

Offline BillTopic starter
Pull Tab

Professional Juggler
Thank you1

Activity
0%

52.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 08:07:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was not going to say anything but I see that Sam has gone to his alt.treasure.lrl cave and started bashing this site. Christian asked me to moderate this forum to keep people from bashing each other but NOT to prevent open discussion and even debate. When I posted my rules which really only said "no name-calling" I immediately got a PM from "Chris" complaining that Tim was calling him "Sam" and I should delete Tim's post. Well I looked up the IP address of "Chris" and it says he is from Marshalltown Iowa. Well guess who lives in Marshalltown Iowa. So Tim and everyone esle was right that Chris is Sam Scafferi, there is no question.

Now Sam is back on alt.treasure.lrl badmouthing this site and saying there is no free speech and Christian is taking bribes. Sam I have not deleted a single solitary post from this site! I told you that you could even continue posting as "Chris" but if you tried to make a big deal about not being Sam I would tell everyone the truth. You are still invited to post here but you still cannot trash talk or use name calling like you do on alt using all those alias names like Watcher and Karl Miller and Dallas Droswer and Joe Black and probably 100 other names. And you will just have to get used to the fact that everyone knows who you are. WOW Shocked I think you have some real issues but I won't hold that against you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg724.html#msg724

Jim

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 05:37:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bill?you may be a Professional Juggler, but as a Moderator you are obviously lacking. The above post goes way out of the realm of moderation, and it all appearances is actually a personal attack.
Using the moderator position to ?track down? members IP address, and then broadcast your opinion on who you ?think? it may be, purely on a geographical guess, is outrages. I hope Christian reviews these actions.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg926.html#msg926

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 05:57:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Jim...Everyone that he has insulted knew who he was.. Some of his ID's fool us for a while but he can't change his spots. I don't know Sam but I know JBlack and the others...Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg927.html#msg927

Offline BillTopic starter
Pull Tab

Professional Juggler
Thank you1

Activity
0%

52.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 09:15:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
Bill?you may be a Professional Juggler, but as a Moderator you are obviously lacking. The above post goes way out of the realm of moderation, and it all appearances is actually a personal attack.
Using the moderator position to ?track down? members IP address, and then broadcast your opinion on who you ?think? it may be, purely on a geographical guess, is outrages. I hope Christian reviews these actions.

Hello Jim. I privately invited Sam to post here even as Chris if he could just cut out the trash talk and name calling but instead he ran off to his cave so he can pretend to be 6 different people posting lies about this site. That really ticked me off. You know whats funny Jim? I don't really think these LRL's work either! I have tried them and I have friends that use them and between all of us we have never found a damn thing. Along time ago Sam used to write some very good posts but then he started using aliases and got downright nasty. Christian doesn't want that here and no one else does either. If Sam want to hide in his cave and lie about this forum then everyone should know who he is and why he is doing it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg940.html#msg940

Offline Tim_Williams
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 12:39:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I think Bill did the right thing. Why should someone be allowed to bash and degrade others just because they do not agree with him. Someone decides to stand up and do whats right should not be told he is lacking as a mod.

After all Bill is only doing his job as a mod. He also has the right to check IP's. A man is judged according to his works. Sam did not have to bad mouth people. He choose to and now after all this time no one wants him around.

I hope Sam finds peace in his life. Because the fact is there are people that use dowsing and lrl generators of their own free will and no one has the right to say they are wrong. Oh by the way Pluto is not a planet anymore! I guess the minds of Science changed it's mind! Shocked

Good job Bill. Thanks for standing up for what is right and moral.  Wink

Tim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg947.html#msg947

Regards, Tim

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:40:22 pm by Tim_Williams »

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Jim

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 02:53:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Did the right thing? Well, evidently Mr. Williams is as clueless about the purpose of a ?FORUM MODERATOR? as is the forum moderator who tracked a member?s IP and then launches a public tongue-lashing!

For those who seem to forget the reason forums offer the use of ?handles? or an alias is for the purpose of anonymity. Once that trust of anonymity is breached, the forum has lost its creditability.

I am sure the moderator has been provided ?tools? to aid them in taking care of those who can?t abide by the ?Forum Rules?, but posting these kinds of slurs about a person who is not here to defend themselves is not one of them.

I am still waiting for a reply from Christian on this matter.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg951.html#msg951

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 03:09:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Jim,

I had sent you an e-mail today. Maybe it was sorted into your spam filter by your e-mail program. Nevermind. I'm happy to post my thoughts here as well.

As most of you know I'm not a LRL user thus I do not participate in any LRL discussion.

I'm only offering these forums as a public place to exchange views and expirience.

Therefore I welcome all oppinions / views and do not apply censorship.

Chris is a pseudonym of Sam Scafferi as Sam has also confirmed in an e-mail to me (which he then signed again with Chris ?!)

Sam may chose whatever screenname he likes - no question asked.

I have known Sam back in '98 when I had published  my first website on treasure hunting. I had appreciated Sam's views and postings as he was eager to point out his oppinions by facts and logics.

Thus I had welcomed Sam to post on THunting.com - and I still today.

However there was sam dispute over the recent debate here. Some of the involved parties (including Chris / Sam) had agreed with me that it would be best to install a moderator to keep the discussion on a civil level. I'm thus happy to have found this person with Bill.

However shortly after a moderator was installed, Sam made false claims regarding me and my website under different alliases.

I would like to take the opportunity to comment on these claims:

Sam aka 'The Watcher' said that I was bribed by people from the LRL industry.

The truth is that there is yet no advertising on THunting.com and that despite having had inquires from the LRL industry. To stay neutral I had declined taking advertsiing from the LRL industry.

Sam has claimed that censorship was applied on THunting.com

The truth is that no post has ever been deleting nor modified nor a single memeber be banned on THUnting.com (no counting the spam taht pops up on a regular basis).

The truth is further more that Sam aka The Watcher aka Chris aka ... is still invited and welcomed to post on THunting.com.

The question remains however why Sam is making false statemets regarding me and my website and last but not least why he has not the guts to do so in his (real) name but hiding behind various pseudonyms when doing so.

Therefore I would like to say: Sam, you are welcome to post here. Also your critcism re. THunting.com is most welcome as I'm eager to improve the website.

But I do not welcome you to post flase statements nor that you hide behind your false names doing so.

If you have to say anything then come out of the closet and do it in a honest way.

Thank you,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg952.html#msg952

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 05:07:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Christian, don't worry about it.  You have a wonderful, fresh web site that is appreciated.  You just can't please everyone.  Let's move forward and have some fun with your site.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,110.msg1043.html#msg1043

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.