[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline worldwar2Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

We are in a vertical down shaft about 85 feet below the surface, and we are picking up a detection with a Fisher Gemini 3 between us and 3 foot diameter steel pipe that was sunk hundreds of feet deep vertically in adobe, and possibly some limestone or calcium karst, about 25-30 feet from where we are. We were told that the Gemini could detect through this much material, but if this is the case, we should be able to detect the steel pipe anywhere from the surface to below where we are. (We know that this shaft was sunk hundreds of feet) The assumption is, that since the Gemini can't detect the steel pipe anywhere else, that we must be detecting something between it and us, and we are looking for something that can discriminate between ferrous and non-ferrous materials to try to determine what this before tunneling to it. The concern is that it may be a bomb. What equipment do you suggest that will work in these conditions in the Philippines?

I was ready to fly to Oregon to get a demo from Bob Fitzgerald on his PDF 1000 until I got this note below.....

Hi Bill, This is a "dowsing rod" They have been around for 1000 years. You can do the same with a coat hanger if you can "dowse" It makes me sick to see people get bilked into buying these things , which now go under the phony classification of "long range locators" for lots of $$$. Some even have batteries which serve no function.. Just a good way to make a lot of money from unsuspecting buyers. There should be a law against such things. Nothing
new....best regards, .............

I have since found a Garrett distributor not far from here in Manila who has GTI 2500's for rent and sale, so I am wondering if my best bet is to use my Fisher Gemini 3 on the surface and the Garrett GTI 2500 down in the tunnels?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards ~

Bill

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2597.msg20244.html#msg20244

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: