[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dandequilleTopic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: July 22, 2007, 08:46:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hung,
      I have noticed on the few occassions that I visit Carl Morlands's Tech site that you have done a lot of reporting on your experiences.  There was so much arguing and bickering by various posters that I quit reading.
      I would appreciate it if you would report here on your experiences with the various long range equipment such as Minoro.  I know nothing about this machine.  Hopefully,  we can hold a reasonable discussion here without pages of impolite arguing.
     Thanks.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18821.html#msg18821

Offline hung
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

153.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Mineoro FG90 /PDC210/ MIDAS (my own LRL System)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 06:08:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi dandequille,

I also do hope so.
As you have watched that forum in the past, you pretty much know of my experiences. I will however post a brief impression on the Mineoro.

I own model PDC210. Despite of what you might have read in that forum regarding the opinions of those skeptics whose only intention is to spread discredit, there's no question it works. I own it for 3 years now and have been plenty successful with it. I also had model FG80 for several weeks on loan to test it.

Although I said it works, it also has some limitations which can be almost totally attributed to the phenomena limitation itself.

What Mineoro claims is that long time buried metals release ions (as everything in nature) which in this case is transported trough electrostatics obeying a pattern which the inventors discovered. So an electronic device was built in order to 'capture' this phenomena. I have done independently research on my own which fully corroborates what the inventors claim, recently, when I started the project of developing my own LRL system. My system's technology however won't ever be discussed for obvious reasons as I don't have the intention to market it anytime. It will only be used by my team.

Back to Mineoro. The limitations I cite are the ones obviously related to climate as we all know that electrostatics will severely suffer in humid and wet environments. So when it rains, distance of detection reduces dramatically if not vanishes completely. Add to this, the inventors discovered also, there are certain times of year when the phenomena is most appropriate such as summertime due to position of the sun , etc. which enables the ionic and electrostatic dispersion more efficiently.
I live close to the beach and it's very hard to successfully detect small objects in the sand, due to the natural humidity present. A very experienced user is required to detect such small objects in those conditions, as most of time, depending of the age of the object and how deep it is, only a single beep is emitted. The researcher thus has to make a precise visual mark of where it might be.

This bad condition however does not repeat most of time in the mountains for instance where the beeps are more consistent due to less humidity.
Larger objects, depending how long it's buried or sunk, will of course emit much stronger activity. I have right now several shipwrecks I marked, which distances reach miles away.

In conclusion, the device works, has limitations and the more experienced you are with it, the better the results. Since I'm an almost full time researcher and have technical background I decided to team up with scientific minds here in order to develop an LRL system which would work full time. No matter if it's raining, snowing, night, day, etc. It will work.
Does this means I'm discarding the Mineoro? Absolutely not!
The more tools you have at your disposal, the better and precise the results, undoubtifully.

Best regards.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18822.html#msg18822

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 06:23:11 am by hung »
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 07:25:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the information, Hung. Good luck with your development too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18828.html#msg18828

Offline Whitewolf
Copper Member

"Take everything and give nothing in return."
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

330.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 05:19:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Wow! Great info! Opens the eyes of us newbies.

Thanks

Dennis

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18831.html#msg18831

We come into life howling and covered in blood....the fun doesn't have to stop there.

Offline Goldminer
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 09:35:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Whoa, hold on there Mr. Hung. Let's see exactly what you are writing here.
 ? The limitations I cite are the ones obviously related to climate as we all know that electrostatics will severely suffer in humid and wet environments. So when it rains, distance of detection reduces dramatically if not vanishes completely.
I live close to the beach and it's very hard to successfully detect small objects in the sand, due to the natural humidity present.
Larger objects, depending how long it's buried or sunk, will of course emit much stronger activity. I have right now several shipwrecks I marked, which distances reach miles away.?
 Electrostatics suffer in wet and humid enviroments(this is true), it is hard to detect small objects in the sand, due to present humidity.(maybe true), but yet you were able to mark shipwrecks from miles away.
 Does anyone besides myself see the contradiction here?
 My intention is not to flame you Mr. Hung, but rather to observe the truth.
Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18845.html#msg18845

Him thief him friend of him last Guinea
  Him kill both priest and friar, oh dear.
    Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer!

Offline hung
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

153.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 03:00:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Goldminer,

Sorry, but there's no contradiction at all on what I have stated. Maybe you mistook what I said.
Just to clarify: When the weather is humid, electrostatics are almost null as already explained. I said I have marked distant targets, one being 2 miles away on sunny, warm days. On those occasions, the electrostatic fields act as a movable mean to transport the ions.
To recap: On days with a lot of humidity in air, distance of detection diminishes and small objects for instance, will have no response even at a relatively close range. But when it comes to a big mass of gold, although it may not respond to 2 miles away, it will at say half a mile, depending on the target's size. It could be less than that, it could be more...

The ionic fields intensity are directly proportional to the object's size and mass, depth (deeper, the better) and time buried (longer, the more intense the fields will be). On hot days, distance of detection raises.
Hope this clear things.
Regards.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18877.html#msg18877

« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 03:04:35 pm by hung »
Offline Goldminer
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you5

Activity
0%
Male
United States

746.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 05:19:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Being a professional salvage diver/treasure finder for over forty years, and a user/tester of long range equipment, I think I am qualified to state that NO ions rise from a shipwreck at any depth no matter how long submerged.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18878.html#msg18878

Him thief him friend of him last Guinea
  Him kill both priest and friar, oh dear.
    Him cut de t'roat of piccaninny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer!

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 05:34:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hung,
     What kind of response does the Minoro produce?  Is there a meter or some sort of pointing device?
      Have you tested it against know and unknown targets?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18879.html#msg18879

Offline hung
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

153.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 06:07:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Goldminer
Being a professional salvage diver/treasure finder for over forty years, and a user/tester of long range equipment, I think I am qualified to state that NO ions rise from a shipwreck at any depth no matter how long submerged.

Goldmner,
You have all the right to state whatever you want based on your own experiences and knowledge.
So do I based on personal experiences and knowledge also. I'm also a diver and treasure hunter although I have a job.
Right now my team is working on two different sites. One being a historical treasure site we detected recently and the other being a wreck detected by the Mineoro. In this site at sea first items recovered are gold and silver coins.

Please, it's not my intention to argue with you about gold ions, and why it should not be possible, etc. and etc.as this was the main reason the other forum became a 'zoo' and due to that skeptics pretending to be 'physicists' almost peed in their pants. I quit that forum because my patience drained...

I shall say that upon developing our own LRL system we ended up understanding what we think, how the MIneoro's concept work. Although I will not release this info here for ethics, I must point their scientific explanation is corret although they did not mention the 'whole story', of course.

So I respect you opinion, but let's leave it like that. No arguing.
If you don't agree, just say so. But please, don't say one thing is not possible unless you fully understand all the phenomena involved. If this detector did not work, I would not be recovering things currently found.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18883.html#msg18883

« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 06:25:09 am by hung »
Offline hung
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

153.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 06:23:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dandequille
Hung,
     What kind of response does the Minoro produce?  Is there a meter or some sort of pointing device?

No. There's a piezzo buzzer and beeps are emitted. Normally for gold, it will emit 2 fast beeps and for silver and copper alloys for instance single beeps spaced. It's possible if I did not tell this before, to get beeps from those metals, although if it's long range, the beeps will always refer to gold.
That's why it takes a lot experience to a user to diagnostic what he/she have found. As the detector has a RF portion also inside, it's prone to electrical interference and if the researcher is close to powerlines and he's not positioned correctly or he's not seasoned enough, he will think he detected something, but all it's happening is he's getting electrical interferences...
Quote:Posted by {author}
 Have you tested it against know and unknown targets?

Yes sure. Although unknown targets, become known when you recover them. Gold has to be at least 10 years buried to produce sufficient intensity fields to be detected as you might already know.
My fellow team members are most miners here and also work extrating gold detected previously.
Last year for fun I decided to travel to their region in central Brazil. I was amazed on how well my PDC210 finely worked there as humidity was almost none and it was hot as hell. The PDC detected every gold vein we could follow on surface. I also detected an old piece of copper junk which was laying on surface from about 40 feet away. One think unimaginable in the region I live.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2306.msg18884.html#msg18884

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: