[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ikramjadoonTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Pakistan
Referrals: 0

170.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: July 03, 2009, 05:10:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

i need a large range detector  schimatic

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg37652.html#msg37652

Offline beyabicim
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

elsan digital
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:27:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

İf you are looking for long range locators, they are not scientific systems.

VLF detectors are good in searching in dry ground, but in wet and mineralised soil I advice pulse induction metal detectors.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg47974.html#msg47974

« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 03:34:44 pm by Christian »
Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 03:04:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Long Range Locators are total cheating and i saw many people lost their wealth digging full mountian owing to trusting to these toys. Has no result except losing mind.

Beware of such pseudo-science toys.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg55114.html#msg55114

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 03:55:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I hate to tell ya, but those things are just meant to bilk you out of your money--never have seen one that actually works. Oh yeah, I've seen them alright--but none that could produce any results worth a damn! Spend your money on a good detector and you'll have much better chance of finding something of value. Heres the true symbol of long range detectors Thumbs Down Violent Exhausted

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg55123.html#msg55123

Offline POURANG
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

170.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

METAL DETECTOR
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 01:27:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

for ideal found the large metal and found the trasure just whites tm808 just found the metal no found the minral just tm808 found metal in deep

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg55447.html#msg55447

Offline yourownfree
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

117.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 01:52:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ive seen them and played with them a little. Cant say anything for sure as there is something going on, but not sure it has to do with finding any gold or silver. Yeah the things move around, but to the tune of what? I need more post to become a full member so i will answer you. You might not see it as it has been awhile since you asked this question. One device is a handheld unit. It has a say copper tube for a hand grip. The top of the tube is fitted to a box which holds the electronics. The top of tube is attached to a bearing so the box will turn freely in any direction and all you have to do is hold on the the handle. Next there was a telescoping antenna coming out horizontally from the front of the box. Works best about half way out. Next the electronics. Oh by the way, my friend bought this and I could have brained him. It had about 50 cents worth of parts on the board. Total cost to build about $10 or less. He paid $169 for it. Ok now the electronics. It contained an oscillator that you could select two frequencies. One for gold and one for silver by a toggle switch. I cant remember the frequencies but maybe you could research that on your own. It seems silver was about 8 or 9 kHz and gold 11KHz, just guessing. The circuit was a simple 555 timer ic that had, one capacitor and about three resistors to make the thing work. Astable osc. Google 555 timer calculations and use the same circuit they show and that's it. Hook the antenna to pin 3 of the 555. probably need a potentiometer from pin 3 to ground and hook the antenna on the center pin of the pot. not sure what size of pot but experimentation is best. I would think that a 1 k or even 10 k will be sufficient. I have seen this unit used in conjunction with a frequency generator with probes in the ground running at certain frequencies. Something works, not sure what or how. I thought the guy was full of it so I turned the switch off and  on, the ground probe generator, without his knowledge and he would tell me as he stood about 15 feet away from me, " its going away", I then turned the switch on and he would say "it's coming back". I did that several times without him knowing and all times he was right on. I have more stories about testing this stuff out and the use of magnets to enclose the area. It appears the fields in the ground can be affected by magnets. If I am right I will have to try it using metal detectors. I have more post that will reveal some testing stories and how this guy got started. I am still skeptical, but I saw something happen and cant tell you what. That's the problem with all this stuff, something happens, but nobody can prove it with anything firm. It's all theory, even if it sounds good explained. I can make it sound good too.
I am willing to try what I saw with metal detectors. Just to see what happens. I do know wire rods work to find water lines as I have used them before, and can make almost anyone use the rods to do the same. They are amazed, I was too first time somebody showed me. I thought they were playing me for a fool. You know a trick of some kind. Hope this helps

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg73860.html#msg73860

Offline bama
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites, fisher gold bug 2
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:18:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hey yourownfree, I'd like to know more about your friend's long range
detector. The name and where to buy one.
also I'd like to read more of your postings about long range detectors
and locators.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg76874.html#msg76874

Offline yourownfree
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

117.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 02:21:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am going to be interviewing the man soon I hope, but Its not that hard to make those or experiment with them. I will have to do some research to find out what the frequencies are, or so they say they are. I really dont know, not sure if anybody really does. Once I find those I will draw you a simple one. It just doesn't seem like it would work, it looks more like snake oil to me, but I can post it as soon as i can get a bit more time to draw it out. As for the ground thing, all it was is a signal generator, like a test bench kind for electronics. nothing fancy. even make one or buy one off ebay. I made one that went from1Hz to up around 500Hz, using digital stuff. All you need is to stick the negative probe in the ground away from the positive probe you stick in the ground. Then dial in a frequency that works for you say 10 Khz and hold your wands in your hands or a bearing device if you get fancy. use say a piece of silver and adjust the generator until you get the wands to work and point you in the right direction. Supposedly you walk back and forth until you find the imaginary line like finding a water line, and keep walking back and foorth across this line as it gets farther away from you, until you are there on the item. I saw this guy use a map and find a water leak in a water pipe too. Just weird. anyhow,I am going to make a website to try and deal with this, as a memory of the things that were tried before they get lost. The gentleman is still alive but getting older as we all are. He did alot of testing, I only built some things for him, and as I said tried to throw him off to prove to myself this was snake oil, but somehow the thing worked or at least he was in tune. Never did find anything of value, but i did shut the generator off then on just to see what he would do, without his knowledge I did so. He responded to my surprise every single time I did. I dont want to take away from this website forum so i am not sure if i should say what the website will be. I have the name already, but not put together site yet. I guess it would be ok as it is just another extension of all the info you get here. I don't want want to be booted off this site as I enjoy it. I have to read the rules again as I am still a noob here. maybe someone can enlighten me if its ok or not. The only reason for the website is to write about the man and his experiences. I guess I just post the other stuff here like diagrams etc. That should be ok.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg76906.html#msg76906

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:24:18 am by yourownfree »
Offline bama
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

15.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites, fisher gold bug 2
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 08:53:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks, look forward to your post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg76940.html#msg76940

Offline yourownfree
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

117.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 01:48:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

The LRD's I saw were 25 years ago. They appear to be the same today, I mean the same scheme. Usually a simple oscillator hooked to an antenna. for instance a 555 astable oscillator designed to the frequency you desire, or variable hooking the antenna to pin 3 of the 555. Also here is a circuit you could build and modify. Modify the power supply to use batteries instead of house power. Two 9 volts batteries with a 12 volt regulator IC, or just use one 9 volt battery and try that. Oh and add an electrolytic capacitor of say 10uF/16v from the positive and negative of the circuit after the battery goes through the switch. This helps to make the circuit stable, decoupling etc., else the circuit could become one that is not working correctly now and again. I learned the hard way through the years when building projects, that this is a must. It has a polarity on the capacitor so hook it up properly. I saw a circuit similar without all the bells and whistles and they claim it works. I make no claims. the antenna would of course be hooked up directly to the output of your choice through a rotary switch to select sine, triangle, or square. Or you could just have three antennas not touching each from its own output. With this circuit you could dial up any frequency from 1 Hz to 1 MHz. You could then mark the dial and use test items, like rings, bars of gold etc. and mark the dial with the results. Also noted that this unit has more power than the the other one I saw that was similar to this one. In the diagram where it says AC input, Just hook up two 9 volt batteries instead. If you hook the batteries up backwards by accident, due to the diodes it doesn't matter which way the batteries hook up. Or you could take out the diodes and be sure to hook the positive to the plus on the regulator IC. Here is the diagram link

Please Register or Login

http://bp2.blogger.com/_BQac7gcHPK0/RjyjRHbcE0I/AAAAAAAAAO0/2UirYWgOAG4/s1600-h/circuit_XR2206+Function+Generator-1.jpg
I cant see any detector going any farther than a block. The reason is the antenna is never tuned to the frequency you are using. Its more complicated to tune the antenna. If you don't you could have have 25 watts of power and still not go over a block away. To prove it you could build a receiver to the frequency you are using and see for yourself. I know by building pirate transmitters to broadcast music and voice. It was a lesson that took me a long time to accomplish. If one put that theory to use in an LRD then the signal would go farther. So with that said, the detector must use you. In other words you are the reason a detector would work or not. It is you that is doing the in tune thing and the detector only is an extension of you. So in thinking this over if you were good enough, all you would need is a stick on a bearing and do the same thing. Maybe a willow stick on a bearing. How does that work without electronics? We only use a part of our brain, maybe we do have what it takes and we just need to exercise it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6208.msg77123.html#msg77123

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:51:20 am by yourownfree »
Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: