[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2012, 11:43:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
That being said, I don't understand why you and some of the other members are so hostile towards the people that use LRLs. All of the ones I know, also use and started out with coil units. This makes them just like you and me. A metal detector user.

Because I have seen families destroyed over spending $1000 or more on a pipe dream, I loathe the sellers. I pity they buyers and hope to prevent anyone else from being scammed. End of story. Any, and I do mean ANY favorable discussion here on the subject DOES accidentally become fuel for the scammers.

Posted on: December 07, 2012, 07:41:23 PM
If, I was in your position, I would use my resources to find a small group of LRL users, and see if I could go on a hunt with them. Now, since I don't have any faith in the gizmos being sold, I'm not sure of what success they would have on precious metals, but I know they would find targets as the machines will lock on certain materials.

I have done so. In EVERY case, I have requested the opportunity to look behind the curtain - inside the box. In EVERY case, I have found absolutely useless junk inside that would not, could not work in a million years to find treasure at a distance.

Irrespective of what YOU discuss, this conversation DOES become part and parcel of a larger framework largely due to Google and other search engines lending permanence to the discussion. This conversation can be read by thousands so get off of this "I didn't mean that" horse and allow a moderator (that's me) to comment on things that MAY be misunderstood by those thousands. This is the reason I quote rather than just comment. I want my comments to be out there with yours to make sure we do our very best to keep people from being scammed.

I truly hope you understand this. If not, you are going bo be VERY disappointed when I leap on every questionable comment you make. EVERY one.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238146.html#msg238146

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 11:46:21 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That makes sense. I support the effort to stop people from buying into the "magical" devices. I think I would go about it a little differently. People on here, myself included, want to talk about what they are doing, help others if they can, find out what others are doing, and most important, what's not working.

One of the drawbacks here is that every time anyone describes a successful episode, or even ask a question they are jumped. I can understand if they are pushing a product, but most are simply looking for info. The best thing I could do would be to let them know that other people have used the other units without getting rich and NOT to keep buying more. No sense in punishing them anymore. The empty holes will do that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238155.html#msg238155

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That's the bottom line.

There are tons of claims that people have found goodies with the Machines but No One can say or show How!

All  I ask is to see one work.

No one can do it. Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238159.html#msg238159

Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2012, 03:16:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Homefire not true. I just dont post what I hear or see all the time. The few guys I have talked to who are successful, have many devices they use. Also it goes on ones belief. I do not believe a LRL can see a mile. I definitely dont think one would be worth $100.00 dollars let alone a thousand. I have no reason to doubt the guys I have talked to. They already have their gold. You dont see em posting on here. But you can bet they are still hunting. This is a most unfriendly site to dowsers of any sort. I do signs, and that gets messed up just as bad. I say this, use your dowsers if you are in the mood too. What I am not seeing is pictures of finds. I also never see just a dowser. We all are just disagreeing here. I paid about $600.00 dollars too much for a used detector I wanted. It didnt break up the family, in fact my wife goes with me now when she is able. Not all the time, but just cause we can as we have 2 detectors now. If I handed her a dowser, she would ride my behind from that day on. She has a sharp tongue. So that is a normal reaction if you dowse. Dont need a electrical degree to see just how strange it is dowse. But Im still gonna build or buy one. I just need a area I can use it. I climb over a lot of boulders, and walk animal trails. My eyes are looking for snakes. I wont ever give up my detector, and cant wait till I find a new PI machine. Course Ill probably pay too much for that one too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238165.html#msg238165

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 03:18:57 pm by Occassionally »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2012, 04:23:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

One of the drawbacks here is that every time anyone describes a successful episode, or even ask a question they are jumped.

There's only a small margin of truth to this. Mostly the story is told without any proof except for the word of the storyteller. That means there's no actual evidence or scientific testing. Others are simply apocryphal in nature. For example, "I know wa guy who . . ."

Never has there been a proven demonstration that an LRL and an LRL alone was able to find treasure. Most of the time there's at least 20 other explanations for finding it. As another example, I've never heard or seen written, "I was driving along when my LRL sounded off for no reason. I stopped, got out of the car and walked 200 yards following it and then it indicated I was right there. I kicked the leaves aside and there was a bar of gold."

Do you see what I'm getting at? Also, setting up scientific testing isn't difficult but not a sould has takin up the challenge to do so. Most lilely they never will. It's truly hard to cheat scientific testing.

Posted on: December 08, 2012, 12:19:31 AM
Quote:Posted by Occassionally
This is a most unfriendly site to dowsers of any sort.

Not unfriendly, perhaps. More like met with a heavy dose of skepticism. Any unsubstantiated claim can fall afoul of that sort of thing. There have been folks here describing metal detector finds that are clearly not true who have been met with the same skepticism and harsh words. Making a false claim here isn't illegal but it doesn't do much for your reputation if you are untruthful. Not YOU in the personal sense but you in the global sense (lest we get into a knock down drag out).

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238172.html#msg238172

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2012, 04:29:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't really want to do this but I'm doing it any way
Quote:Posted by homefire
There are tons of claims that people have found goodies with the Machines but No One can say or show How!

All  I ask is to see one work.

We are all very interested to see some sort of result BUT non have been shown, why? I can only think of two reasons, one No one has ever found anything and two they are too ashamed to admit that they have been coned. Any way I have seen people find water with a piece of willow tree but never any other form of dowsing have I ever seen.    

Sorry GD I guess that we are on the same line here, as I was writing this I saw that you had posted a similar post Haa what the heck I'll post this one too

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238174.html#msg238174

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2012, 04:57:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Valid point GD. I could post pictures of finds, but it would prove nothing as to recovery. I have posted photos of items found that were of no value except that were locked from a distance. I felt that was easier to believe.

The only ones that know for sure are the ones present when it happens. People say take a video, I've seen some crappy ones at best. And how can you believe anything nowdays with computers that can fake anything?

I have worked with some good people along the way, of course they would not be believed either. So we end up back at I say something and am called a liar. You say something and I say you're wrong. The circle goes on. Who knows, maybe some day, I'll go spank Carl. Of course, it seems that if Carl is willing to put up that amount, an effort by other curious people should be able to come up with a little more incentive.  Just saying,,,,Wink, Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238178.html#msg238178

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2012, 05:05:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Until the day that some one can show me something tangible I will have to rearguard this subject nu-conclusive and will not discuss it any further

Get a life, get a metal detector
Xavier

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238179.html#msg238179

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2012, 05:10:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
Until the day that some one can show me something tangible I will have to rearguard this subject nu-conclusive and will not discuss it any further

There are a whole lot of us who would be very happy to have an LRL that worked in our hands. LOTS of us.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238180.html#msg238180

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's what I mean.  The field where I hit the target.  A piece of steel hit from a distance. And the rings from the lake.

And X-- do you actually read the posts?? Got plenty of detectors. Just a little too anxious to jump, I guess. Who does your hair??

Posted on: December 07, 2012, 05:19:33 PM
I forgot; The target in the field was over 700 ft out in it. the steel was hit from over 300 ft and held for an exact pinpoint. We also got a watch at the lake, guess it has gold plate on it.

But again Pictures can come from anywhere.

GD; since you have been in this a while, I have a serious question. If you did have a real working LRL, what would you do?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,545.msg238184.html#msg238184

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

P5260097.JPG
P9200838.JPG
PA120010.JPG
PB220893.JPG

Print
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Go Up