[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline kybobTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 15, 2006, 07:21:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Our Methods of locating buried treasure
50% research 50% recovery

The first 50% is good research, you must gather as much information as you can find, about the treasure you are trying to locate. Even the little details, as these might be useful in the field. Then try to separate the true facts from folklore in making your decision to pursue it farer.
  The second 50% is in the field, and by far the hardest part of treasure hunting. You must get in close and pinpoint your target. Unless you have signs, or something you have found in your research to get you in close enough to use a metal detector, you must use some form of long range locating. You must use Dowsing, MFD. (signal generator), Earth-field-generator, or some other instrument that will get you in close to your target.
  That being said, I will explain our trials and errors using MFD?s over the past 5, plus years. The first MFD I owned Bill Morgan made for me, the Sound Witch. I then had him make me one from the Ramsey Signal Generator, which I still use today. The problems we had back then are, we found there were a lot of variables in using them. You could pick up Gold or Silver or other metal you were looking for, but also unwanted metals close by, and mineral pockets (like hot rocks with a metal detector). We dug several holes not finding what we were looking for but other objects, Iron, Brass plated, silver plated, some we could not make out what they were, mineralize dirt, and a mineralize rock I had tested at Reed Lab. In California. It contained high amounts of Titanium, Magnesium, and Aluminum. The frequencies we were using at first, were not refined enough.
  It was about this time I met Mr. Tim Williams, he also was interested in MFD?s, and was determined to find out a way the signal line would only go to the true target. We started using different frequencies and testing these on known targets on top of the ground, to see if a certain frequency would pick up more than one metal. Almost all of them did.
  He then came up with his ring theory that normally you have three signal lines from a signal generator, one to the center of target and two to the outside edge of the ring around the target. He built the LRL 500 signal generator, and designs into it a discrimination method of pulling the two outside lines to the center to form one line. We then found that the same frequency we were using for Gold and Silver would not put us all, over the target. We in theory believe each person?s body energy is different. We then strobe tuned each metal, nonmetal, and other things we might search for, to our own bodies. Sometimes we might not be more than one ten of a hertz off from one person to the next.
  After we have the frequencies fine-tuned to this point, we found temperature also has a bearing for frequencies to be accurate. He has solved the three lines, and temperature problem by using simple formulas, for the right frequency to use for different metals.
   Without using any of these results, we have found from all our testing over the years, you might get within 20 to 30 feet from your target using the standard frequencies, but not close enough to pinpoint it.
  After all this, you can see why the skeptic-minded person does not believe MFD?s work. They stick their heads in the sand, instead of putting their minds together to delimitate problems and move forward to something that does work. Do MFD?s and Earth-field units work? You bet they do! They are not perfect, but I believe they are the best instrument treasure hunters have at this time to get close to their buried target.
  All MFD?s will generate a signal line, be sure you understand your instrument, and it?s limitations before you take it to the field. Test it at home on known targets under different conditions first, and record your results. The above information was learned from many different methods of testing.
There are a lot of good treasure instruments on the market. The ones my partners and I use are.
  The LRL500, The Ramsey generator, The PMR2 Anderson Rod, Dell Winders X-Scan, Earth-Field Generator, Bob Fitzgerald?s Mother-lode-locator Resistivity meter, Nilsson 400 Resistivity meter, The Vibroground Resistivity meter, Arc-Geo Logger, Whites tm808 two box detector, Garrett Bloodhound two box detector, Pulse Star pulse induction detector, Garrett XL500 pulse induction detector, Garrett grand master cx2, Fisher Gold Bug detector, GPS meters, and Archeosurveyor software for computer images.
   No one instrument does it all, we use all instruments we have and test one against the other to verify the results.
  In brief our methods are.
1-   Use LRL500 (my favorite because it gives me a lot of different information), The Earth-Field-Generator, The X-Scan, a very good little instrument, The Ramsey Signal Generator, PMR2 Anderson Rod, I use one or all of these to get within a 3-foot circle of my target or closer.
2-   Then we use the Arc-Geo Logger connected to a two-box detector, or Pulse Induction detector, and run a 21x21 feet grid over the area in case we were not as close as we thought. We then download and view on a computer. We now have an image of all metal targets in the grid, the metal detector picked up, and their locations. We run the same grid with different detectors most of the time and verify one against the other before we dig.
3-    If target is too deep for metal detector, we use resistivity meter readings with computer software to view the grid on the computer. The Nilsson or Vibroground or MLL is used. The Mother-Lode-Locator is also good for finding caves.

Well that is about it, our methods for finding buried treasure. Like I have said, there is no one treasure instrument that will do it all! Use all the instruments you have and verify one against the other over the target.
  We do not discuss anything about our finds, or locations so please don?t ask.
 I can send some pictures and computer images of some sites we have worked if you would like to see them.

Hope the above helps you find the big one.    Ky Bob

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8664.html#msg8664

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 07:23:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Bob,

I would love to see some pictures of the sites you had worked on in the past and to hear more about your hunts.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8665.html#msg8665

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 08:57:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This site I used a test frequency for Silver using the LRL500. It located in the center of grid. Notice what happen when I changed to my old Silver frequency It located close to the other instruments about 8 feet to lower right corner, The  instruments used are the LRL500, My model 20 I had changed to an Earth-Field-Generator I call the alligator Rod, the X-Scan, and the PMR2 Anderson rod. All instruments are laying were they made thier locations in the grid.The grid is 21x21feet. I took 14 readings across and 14 readings down.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8677.html#msg8677

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Barnett Site Target 3.jpg

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 09:05:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is the same grid I ran using the Garrett Bloodhound with the Arc-Geo Logger attached. I took 14 readings 1 1/2 feet apart across and down. The Color Red the highest metal detector reading. Notice the software shows the target in the lower right corner were the instruments located. Ky Bob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8679.html#msg8679

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 09:22:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here is one I did using The Nilsson 400 resistivity meter.
this is an old building foundation showing an Iron object in the top left corner. ky Bob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8681.html#msg8681

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

target resisivity 21x21.jpg

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 09:30:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This is a grid my pardoner and I did using Bob Fitzgerald's Mother-Lode-Locator resisivity meter right after I brought it from him.
 We located this cave , image run in Archeosurveyor software
ky Bob

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8683.html#msg8683

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 09:36:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Good report kybob....Knowing you equipment is the key...Test it at home not in the field. If you don't have enough tools with you go beg or borrow some. Set you limits as to how deep you will dig with the information from each tool you use. ..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8684.html#msg8684

Offline oRo
Silver Member

Gold is where it's left behind.
Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

1190.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Infinium VibraProbe
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 09:43:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Man, I love those loggers!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8685.html#msg8685

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 10:02:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Bob, a very good report indeed! Well presented and very informative. Thank you very much for sahring it with us.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8686.html#msg8686

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Tim_Williams
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 07:42:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

It's good to know your equipment. If you cannot trust your equipment and know how to ues it, you will always have some type of trouble. Using the logger to map all metal targets within the grid let you see how your pin-pointing is with the LRL on an unknown target.

Good report Bob,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,1106.msg8709.html#msg8709

Regards, Tim

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: