[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 05:10:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Seen this?

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=/info/lrl_qa.dat

It's good....... very very good!

On the subject of "dowsing" My grandfather used to do it for local farmers many years ago to dig wells.
I must have been about 8 or 9 or so when I asked him how it worked and if he could show me how.

His reply:

"Don't be silly boy, course it doesn't work, if you dig down deep enough anywhere around here you'll find water..... it's called the water table!"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29892.html#msg29892

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 06:43:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

My friends , use the same address as above in Pauls post .  Click on  ,, geophysics ,,   then on  ,, Projects ,, Than read everything that is marked as   ,, Earth Resistivity Meter ,, by  Robert Beck    . Now you got something that will show the profile of the land area you are trying to scan for objects . This unit will show  walls of old buildings that cannot be seen any more , caves  , caches , cannon , rocks , gave sites  etc etc .  You may try to build the logger also to give you a permanent picture of the area .   This is the real thing not just a box full of parts .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29896.html#msg29896

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 09:18:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Largebear,

I fully agree to Cornelius. There are some great projects to build at little cost which will give you good data of areas. However remembering reports where junk / broken TV set circuit boards had been put in do nothing Electroscope boxes still make me mad these days.

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29908.html#msg29908

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 11:41:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dell,
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with anyone using an LRL if they Think it works for them.
What I do have a problem with is people getting ripped off.
I've had an "Electroscope" apart.
I've tried one out ....... it couldn't find a gold chain at 2 inches let alone 2 miles or whatever.
There is NO circuitry in there that will do anything at all except flatten the batteries.

The working circuitry inside the earlier Electroscopes was basically the same as a Battery test meter

If these things work, let's just ask a few simple questions.
Paul, I don't don't know your expectation of what you think should  work about Electroscope, and  what doesn't work. I can only answer questions, or give an opinion from my own personal knowledge. I cannot speak for Electroscope.

Why so expensive? total component cost can't be more than a few dollars at most.
Probably the phsycology that says "The more Expensive it is the more secret stuff is inside" - Dilithium crystals anyone?
........... I see you have provided your own answer to your own question.

Why, if they work so well, didn't the inventor(s) keep it a secret and just "clean up" with it?
They would be very rich by now.
Work so well?
Maybe they? are very rich by now.  I don't know.

Why is there no international or even national patent on an LRL? (Presumably because you have to prove that it actually works!)
Again, you provided your own answer to your own question, so why ask?  According to Carl Morland, you don't have to prove any thing works to obtain a patent.  If I remember correctly, Electroscope, did advertise several  design patents

Where is the proven Physics behind one of these things?
Electroscope, did publish the scientific principle they claimed the Electroscope utilized.

Where is the guarantee that if it doesn't work you get your money back?
If I remember correctly,they did offer a repair, or replacement warranty

Would you buy a detector with no guarantee?
If any detector guaranteed I would find Gold every time I used it, and they were legitimate, i would buy it in a heart beat.

I would urge anyone who wants to try lrl'ing just to use a couple of wire coat hangers bent into "dowsing" rods.
That's a reasonable suggestion. Folks should learn the distinction, and difference between  using the Rods for a meta-physics application, and a physics application, before they venture into spending  time and money on either method.

Personally, the way the electroscope designed, I find it a very impractical tool to use for Mental dowsing. (meta-Physics)

There again, I'm sceptical about dowsing.
Have you practiced what you preach?

But it'll be a whole lot cheaper than putting your hard earned cash into some "snake oil" merchants back pocket.
Absolutely, it's the results that count.

I've no knowledge of what an "MFD" is so I can't comment on that one.
It's an abbreviation for "Molecular Frequency Discrimination"

It's stated in the Geotech article link you provided for every one else to read??

MY PERSONAL OPINION:  Electroscope marketing, was a very successful advertising Scam which utilized the credibility, and services  of  a well known magazine publisher to great advantage.

The metal detector industry tried desperately to stop them, because Electroscope was taking $millions$ from their industry.

Does Electroscope work?  I can't speak from experience about the currently advertised models. I haven't used them.

Do they work, depends on your expectations, and of course if you have had success. The models I used would lock onto the "fields" of most anomalies, but it's ability to discriminate those anomalies  was very poor. I wasn't satisfied. I don't think they live up to their advertising claims.   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29964.html#msg29964

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:17:33 pm by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 11:59:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dell .  Explain to us dumb  guys  what is  :   Mental Dowsing ( Meta  Physics )   ??  and   Molecular Frequency Discrimination  Huh???   . Just tell us in plain English what these words are standing for .      Cornelius     ( I am not trying to be rude , just want some answers )

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29969.html#msg29969

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 12:33:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
Dell .  Explain to us dumb  guys  what is  :   Mental Dowsing ( Meta  Physics )   ??  and   Molecular Frequency Discrimination  ??   . Just tell us in plain English what these words are standing for .      Cornelius     ( I am not trying to be rude , just want some answers )

No Thanks, Cornelius. I'm trying to stay on the subject of this thread which is, "Electroscope."

First a distraction from this subject to  Earth Resistivity meter, and now this? Hijack any thread you wish. You da Boss!  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29973.html#msg29973

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 01:33:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dell that is more or less the answer I expected from you . The subject of this thread was ,, Electroscope ,, and in that thread you used these  words , so I am not off topic . This excuse is just a way to get away from the answer I was hoping for . I do not understand these words so I was asking you to exolain because you were using them . But if you can't , you can't .    Another thing I like to mention is that when I am telling people to check the schematics on the  Earth Resistivity Meter , what that has to do with your post .  I am not Hijacking any thread , I am just adding to it .    Cornelius   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29978.html#msg29978

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 01:40:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dell,
Have a good look at the patents matey.
No where do they mention "electroscope" or the ability to find "treasure" they are simply a bunch of gobbledegook - pure rubbish (as the guy on Geotech explains).
The ONLY LRL that actually works is in your own head.... it's called "researching your hunting site".

BTW - Cornelius was not trying to "hijack" the thread he's merely pointing people in the direction of something that actually works!

And on the subject of "dowsing", as I mentioned in another thread my grandfather used to do it many years ago for local farmers wishing to dig wells.
When I asked him to show me how it worked he said:
"Dont be silly boy, of course it doesn't work..... if you dig down far enough round here you will always hit water..... it's called the water table!"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29980.html#msg29980

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 02:06:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Why is there no international or even national patent on an LRL? (Presumably because you have to prove that it actually works!)

Again, you provided your own answer to your own question, so why ask?  According to Carl Morland, you don't have to prove any thing works to obtain a patent.  If I remember correctly, Electroscope, did advertise several  design patents

"Design patents" meaning ,shape appearance, positioning of the handle, antennas, artwork, etc. So I am told.

Carl, would know better about design patents on Electroscope, than I do.   Dell   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29983.html#msg29983

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 02:15:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dell I got two American patents myself . But that is not important and certainly off topic . What is on topic though is that I am still waiting on you to explain the words ( these fancy words ) you are using in your threads . That is NOT off topic . So I  ( and I may say WE ) are waiting what these words stand for .   Regards  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2911.msg29985.html#msg29985

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: