[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dowserbillTopic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:08:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Some times I hear LRL operators talk about looking for buried targets 29, 30 feet deep and even deeper. In my sanest of mines I can't imaging many if any targets buried that deep!  How many of you believe there are many targets buried that deep?  Bill

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg828.html#msg828

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:57:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My 3000 year old Celtic palstaves were about a foot deep. However, I think a lot depends on what happened since something was buried.  I read of a good possible treasure,  but on searching the area I found a blacktop parking lot over the spot.  If the lot  had been filled in it might be several feet or even yards deep.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg836.html#msg836

Offline Tim_Williams
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 05:44:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When I was in Mexico I sat at a table with a guy that was in the Mexican police. He told me of a map that was in Spainish and lead to a treasure site. He was in a group of 15 men that went to this site and dug 40 feet!
At 40 ft they hit a vault. He was the first one down in the vault and said there were a stack of gold bars the size of the table we were sitting at. There were also helmets and swords and other stuff down there.

He handled the bars and said he was there. For his efforts he got 2 weeks off!

Tim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg856.html#msg856

Regards, Tim

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 01:30:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good one time, did you see the treasure?  Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg864.html#msg864

Offline Tim_Williams
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 03:15:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

No this happened while he was an officer. The Mexican gov is and still looks for treasure. The person that related the story now is a treasure hunter along with some other guys there. I guess if you have that much gold and an army to can bury it at any depth you want!

I took the guy at his word.

Tim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg867.html#msg867

Regards, Tim

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 05:13:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Tim, O yes I also have heard many like tales but no way to determine if only tales or reality!  Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg879.html#msg879

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 07:24:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Bill, if you have no way of determining that what folks  say are only tales, or reality, then you have the options of accepting peoples  word for it,  suspect they don't know what they are talking about, or they are lieing.

Each of us can only speak honestly from our own personal experience. We can't speak for others.

Speaking from personal experience, All of the major Treasure troves, I have ever worked on are buried deep. Modern geophysical surveys, using Ground Penetrating Radar, EM, Magnetometer,Ground Resisitivity measurements, SP, and Ground truthing, have all shown this to be  true.

On a survey I conducted in Mexico, there was an eye witness to the burial, a General. Items related to the burial were recovered at a depth of 55 feet. My survey indicates a vault at 70-80 feet deep.

We recovered a wooden wheelbarrow 60 feet deep, in North Carolina.

In Equador, with dowsing from my home in Florida, I guided the direction of digging a tunnel to a  boulder and man made rock wall 35 feet underground. They used candle light and dug the tunnel with hand tools. They reported an apparition always showing up at the site.

In a Carribbean country which I can't name, because the military was looking for that Gringo, who was finding Gold.
With disregard for the danger of cave-ins,  workers   dug at night,  using flash lights & candles, and recovered the cache of Spanish  Gold coins under a flat rock at 22 feet deep.

Many of the areas I've surveyed in Florida, have accumulated a 5-8 feet overburden just in the last 150 years.

My new computer had a serious crash, so I don't have any photo's to post at this time.

You can accept my word, or consider me untruthful. It won't change the facts.

Precise Treasure locations in Terry's Atlas are vague and that should be accounted for by the reader and accept the publication as it is intended. I think it is a great reference. It denotes human activity in specific areas, and is a quick reference to Treasure possibilities. I fill in the gaps with Information Dowsing.

Dowsing followed up by in the field, and marine surveys, I  can vouch for 3 of the  unlikely "Treasure tales' as probably true.   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg888.html#msg888

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:40:22 am by Dell_Winders »

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 07:42:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dell, I take your word but was a treasure recovered. Yes there is deep stuff in the ground. many areas have been filled in and in Florida items do settle down deep! Again, was treasure recovered, that is the real reason we do dig for treasure is to recoved said!  Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg889.html#msg889

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 12:02:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Bill..I read a lot of stories about buried Treasure. I worked on one old story about loot being buried. It was 10 feet deep when recovered. Rocky soil...I don't know why they would bury stuff so deep but they do...I don't look for stuff 30 feet deep but it turns up at times.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg897.html#msg897

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 12:25:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Art, don't get me wrong it is only normal to accept the fact that there are a few buried treasures. Actual case: I was in on a dig (silver) many years ago in Versailles, MO! The story was a farmer was always going to a bank and exchanging all money for one dollar silver coins. Well I had a black box and rods and the farmer whom knew about the suspect silver hoard was the grand son of the farmer who exchanged money for silver coins.  We searched for a post hole bank and black box and rods indicated a signal to a post hole. Remember the old farmer who exchanged the coins had passed away many years before we looked for the silver.  Erin, the farmer and I tried to pull the hedge wood post out of the hole with no luck so Erin went and got a backhoe. He removed the post and it was in the ground 6 feet  and there it was a nice stash of beautiful Morgan silver dollars in a metal brass box wrapped with paper with oil on it.  I an not saying there is not real deep treasures but I don't believe many! I did not take any of the Morgan silver dollars so Erin built a pond for me on my farm for exchange! Who knows how much the earth has been built up during the many years the coins laid in the ground.  Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,204.msg898.html#msg898

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: