[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline theolmannTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 08, 2006, 04:03:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have noticed certain individuals offering "rewards"for "so called"contests which in my opinion is ridiculous. Anybody can make up a protocol that is destined to fail and this CERTAINLY does not mean victory to the individual offering a reward when others refuse his test. Many treasure hunters don't care about these "fixed"tests and are only interested in "actual recoveries". It is well known that there have been hundreds of recoveries using LRLs as well as other exotic devices & locators. Anybody that would even dare argue this fact is calling all of these people making recoveries LIARS.
In my opinion these DB protocols mean NOTHING. What I am looking for is real treasure found using any methods including LRLs-Dowsing-Remote sensing or whatever it takes. People need to get off this " testing"that has been beat into the ground and listen carefully to the folks that are FINDING and forget about all these useless arguments. Get out into the field with your tool of choice and make it happen. There is enough negative in this world and we need to think positive and listen carefully to all the people that are into FINDING. These are my thoughts, hope you don't mind- Ol Mann

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5689.html#msg5689

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 04:15:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

If they can't find a target under controlled conditions - what makes you think they can find them under other circumstances. After all - the laws of physics are universal.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5695.html#msg5695

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:13:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by theolmann
I have noticed certain individuals offering "rewards"for "so called"contests which in my opinion is ridiculous.

Yes, most people who realize they cannot pass such a simple test, blame the test.

Quote:Posted by {author}
Anybody can make up a protocol that is destined to fail and this CERTAINLY does not mean victory to the individual offering a reward when others refuse his test.

Maybe you can offer a protocol that is destined to work for YOU. Or, maybe you'll refuse my offer.

Many treasure hunters don't care about these "fixed"tests and are only interested in "actual recoveries".

The actual recovery for my challenge is $25,000 cash, plus 10 ounces of gold. But, hey, if you don't care...

What I am looking for is real treasure found using any methods including LRLs-Dowsing-Remote sensing or whatever it takes.

$25,000 + 10 oz gold... plus bragging rights  Smiley

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5742.html#msg5742

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:38:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have noticed certain individuals offering "rewards"for "so called"contests which in my opinion is ridiculous. Anybody can make up a protocol that is destined to fail and this CERTAINLY does not mean victory to the individual offering a reward when others refuse his test. Many treasure hunters don't care about these "fixed"tests and are only interested in "actual recoveries". It is well known that there have been hundreds of recoveries using LRLs as well as other exotic devices & locators. Anybody that would even dare argue this fact is calling all of these people making recoveries LIARS.
In my opinion these DB protocols mean NOTHING. What I am looking for is real treasure found using any methods including LRLs-Dowsing-Remote sensing or whatever it takes. People need to get off this " testing"that has been beat into the ground and listen carefully to the folks that are FINDING and forget about all these useless arguments. Get out into the field with your tool of choice and make it happen. There is enough negative in this world and we need to think positive and listen carefully to all the people that are into FINDING. These are my thoughts, hope you don't mind- Ol Mann

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5750.html#msg5750

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 09:46:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Carl-NC
I have noticed certain individuals offering "rewards"for "so called"contests which in my opinion is ridiculous.

Yes, most people who realize they cannot pass such a simple test, blame the test.

Anybody can make up a protocol that is destined to fail and this CERTAINLY does not mean victory to the individual offering a reward when others refuse his test.

Maybe you can offer a protocol that is destined to work for YOU. Or, maybe you'll refuse my offer.

Many treasure hunters don't care about these "fixed"tests and are only interested in "actual recoveries".

The actual recovery for my challenge is $25,000 cash, plus 10 ounces of gold. But, hey, if you don't care...

What I am looking for is real treasure found using any methods including LRLs-Dowsing-Remote sensing or whatever it takes.

$25,000 + 10 oz gold... plus bragging rights  Smiley

- Carl

Few people will ever going to take up the offer - and no one is  ever going to collect.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5751.html#msg5751

Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 10:25:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well Steve........I figured someone "might"come up with that. The reason is what we call a controlled environment and the laws of physics just don't quite cut what is happening in mother nature. It is my belief that some things simply cannot be tested. We can tear things apart, analyze them, and still there are many things we simply don't understand and simply don't test well. Yet people are finding and making recoveries on a daily basis and so called "science"fails us. Recoveries is what I am interested in. For those that want to test - test -test- I just can't see them EVER finding anything. Also remember that science is changing on a daily basis. Years ago nobody would have ever thought we would be communicating on a basis that we are today. I guess this could be debated forever. For me and many others we would rather be hunting. Good Luck to all LRLers!!!!- Ol mann

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5752.html#msg5752

Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 04:04:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Ol mann....You got it...This is no sporting match where you keep score. It's about having fun and enjoying what you're doing....Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5761.html#msg5761

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 06:02:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I agree with the oldman and art3811. Many treasures have been found via use of long range detecting.  The finders are not interested in proving their successes to anyone.  If it weren't for the basic socialness of others they would keep quiet about their treasure hunting techniques entirely.  Why encourage others to compete with you for the goodies?  When something is gone it is gone.
    I also agree with you, Steve, nobody will ever collect Carl's money. Never!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5768.html#msg5768

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 06:41:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by dandequille
The finders are not interested in proving their successes to anyone.

That's fine. But manufacturers of LRLs should be willing to prove their devices.

I also agree with you, Steve, nobody will ever collect Carl's money. Never!

If LRLs worked, it would be quite easy!

- Carl

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5769.html#msg5769

Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 10:37:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That's fine. But manufacturers of LRLs should be willing to prove their devices.

Carl, they do every day when the TREASURE FINDERS recover treasure-Ol Mann

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5774.html#msg5774

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: