[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline theolmannTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 03:32:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Reply to Steve post #15.
Steve, you are sadly mistaken on the subject of LRLs. These devices are extremely popular on any message board. Plus, what you have to remember is the real pros are not even posting on any boards.
They are out "DOING"and "FINDING " and most likely are not going to share much of anything with us.
( no offense meant here Dell) Carl and a few others are all over every board on the web and likely under many different names. What this says to me ( and others) is they sure are not finding any treasure!!! Polls are ridiculous because nobody monitors exactly WHO voted and most don't care anyway. I can see with 445 posts that you do far more typing than hunting. And , that is 445 posts on just this board !!! When you talk LRLs people get excited either one way or another. Have you ever wondered who Carl is trying to convince. From what I can tell he is merely talking to himself. LRLs are here to stay and you know it. If not you would be over on the "beeper board".-OlMann

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5885.html#msg5885

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 05:28:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Carl-NC
Show me a single university Geophysics department that teaches the use of LRLs; or a single mining corporation that uses LRLs; or a single successful* treasure salvage company that uses LRLs.

I guess that's a "cain't do it."

Quote:Posted by {author}
So have you found $31,000 this year? That's what I'm offering for a successful demonstration. Have you found $1,000,000 this year? That's what Randi's offering for a successful demonstration.

I guess that's a "no."

- Carl

*Their finds must be published and publically known.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5901.html#msg5901

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 09:34:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

A couple years ago my friend S.W. described on another site how he discovered a cache with an Electroscope in the middle of the night.  He was a professional treasure hunter at the time and a group hired him to come to their country to help them search for treasure.  He picked up a signal and the group traveled quite some distance.  They proceeded to dig up a very valuable cache of ancient coins.  S.W. also told me of this adventure privately and I attest to his honesty.  S.W. rarely posts any more because he is tired of arguing and explaining to antagonistic skeptics who never believe honest treasure hunting recoveries.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5933.html#msg5933

Offline theolmannTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 04:50:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote from Reply # 15 by Steve: " To this day- no one has ever explained which law of physics applies to these devices. You're implying somehow they can defy the laws of the universe

I am so glad to know that ALL of the laws of physics have now been defined. We can now proceed to go forward, and use these laws to determine
if an idea or a  model will work or not..... This is nice to know!

I guess we had better round up all the bumble bees and tell them that according to the laws of physics........THEY CANNOT FLY-Olmann

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5967.html#msg5967

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 05:09:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well then - MAKE UP any law of physics that will explain how the LRL or MFD's work. Go ahead- just make something up and we'll submit it to some scientific body to  find out if you've discovered something that they've been trying to discover for centuries.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5970.html#msg5970

Offline dowser501
Copper Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

584.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 06:07:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

January 1985 was the first time that I had picked up dowsing rods and I got my mate who was showing me how to dowse to follow behind me
with my metal detector as I was dowsing for near surface targets  as I was in an area where I used to do a lot of light engineering and knew  there was plenty of scrap filings below the surface of the dirt.

Everywhere I marked the ground with the side of my boot the metal detector beeped 4 ways.
Within a few years , i was experimenting with lrls to supplementing times when mental dowsing was non existent with NO success as I discovered that when I had success with mental dowsing my lrl would also work. When mental dowsing was non existant lrl was also a memory.

Lrl was never as strong as mental dowsing so given the choice, lrl was history for me. Till 1995 I puzzled over inconsistencies of mental dowsing and eventually definitely related mental dowsing to between the quarter rising moon through the full moon to the quarter setting moon.

I then noticed that when we had solar storms my rods were alive if the storms were directed to southern Australia,, otherwise they were dead or in many cases a weak solar storm would give me poor dowsing which was not worth digging by.

December 2003 gave me proof of the dowsing destroying capabilities of UV rays. My education of how to dowse and when was nearly complete until the next time..

January 2004 I had a brainwave as I was looking for a way to make a multiple point dowsing rod, and decided to try 1/8 aluminium rods.
I firstly connocted a 10 point rod which was many times more powerful when allowed to brush my leg with the handle ajusted to a vertical position.

I commenced over the next few months when solar conditions allowed dowsing, to look down in amazement at the exactly spaced jesuit caches buried at nine feet below. They are there by the score or hundreds. I learnt more  about Jesuit caches in a few weeks early 2004 and what a dowsing rod is really capable of and about Jesuit caches than in the previous two decades.By the end of 2004 the
dowsing season was petering out 2 years early.

To counter the  weakening dowsing solar powered  effects, a 40 point dowsing rod which was invented by the first purchaser of my book "god" bless him , we gained a short dowsing time until Solar flares worth using petered out all together.

I am looking forward to testing this new 40 point rod as I only had a single occasion about 18 months ago when it had power to show me what it can do. I have a hand sized lump of bronze buried at about 3 feet in my garden. THe 40 point rod would not react till it hit the edge of the target, hence the name "Look down" I get a very slight mental reaction in the last foot of distance before passing over the target.
I have to "Snap out of it" to walk away from the underground target as the rod wouldnt let go, suggesting that I have the perfect dowsing "look down" tool.
IT IS ENTIRELY USELESS FROM AFAR.

I didnt believe his descriptions of the results of his "new "look down" rod until I constructed one myself. 
My timing of this article has a purpose.

January 1985 when I first picked up a single wire it let my mind slide easily under the dirt.

The reason?? Day one or nearabout of the new 11 year solar cycle.
Apparrently the cycles start off with a bang and end in a whimper after exactly 11 years. Unless they started up with a bang , how would they know when the solar cycles commenced?

So I have a thousand waitng mental questions to probe underground
when the next cycle commences in JANUARY 2007.

Interest in LRLs and dowsing will then increase. space scientists and NoAA have just launched a new improved momitering satelite to observe the new solar cycle.

From January onwards if the new cycle is on time lRS will sell again as even the cheapest LRL will work, but not   as well as a single    $1.50 dowsing rod. Picture a scenaro, a person may try out a single dowsing rod at either a period when there was no overhead moon or solar power bouncing off the moon, and fail to obtain a metal twitch. I recall years
ago when gazing at the coast half a mile away from a boat, I dowsed a cache in the distance, however what is odd is that I had no dowsing rod in my hand. The moral of that statement is not to ignore gut feelings.

That same person could test a heap of rubbish LRL a week later when good dowsing condition were again prevailing  and the LRL would work, much to the delight of the scamming manufacture of the product and the client.

The delighted tester of that lrl will then join the bandwagon of delighted LRL users who tested them during a solar storm and a moon and digust Carl in his agenda of deriding them. Carl please do not try out the Minero in January as you might get confused and just use an ordinary rod.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5973.html#msg5973

« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 06:46:06 pm by dowser501 »
Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 06:53:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by theolmann
I guess we had better round up all the bumble bees and tell them that according to the laws of physics........THEY CANNOT FLY

I shoulda seen this one coming...

This is a classic myth. An engineer/scientist once calculated that bumblebees cannot glide. He happened to be correct; bumblebees really cannot glide. Some folks who weren't paying attention, claimed the engineer said something that he did not say. Now this myth is used to demonstrate the absurdity of science, by those who wish to deny its efficacy. See

Please Register or Login

- Carl

P.S. -- How 'bout a list of those Geophysics depts that teach the use of LRLs? Mining companies? Treasure salvage companies? Can you name even a single, solitary one? Or will you just avoid the question?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5975.html#msg5975

Offline dandequille
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 11:29:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Carl, here is a question for you to dodge:  How did S.W. locate the cache of ancient coins were it not for his use of a long range locator?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5993.html#msg5993

Offline Goldfinger
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

370.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Gold Bug 2
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2006, 06:53:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

This discussion almost seems more like an issue of  religion rather then technology. It seems like it's boiling down to whether you "believe" or disbelieve". If you "believe" - you can point a metal rod someplace and find treasure from a long distance- and  it shall be done.

If you don't  "believe"- you won't.

Again - needless to say - This discussion  won't change anyones mind one way or another.

Steve

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg5999.html#msg5999

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 07:28:04 am by Goldfinger »
Offline art3811
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2006, 10:43:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Right on goldfinger...When you locate some thing they claim it was a good guess or that some one else knew it was there so you cheated. No-win when you try to discuss some thing with them...Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,802.msg6007.html#msg6007

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: