[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 02:18:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

The point (the whole point) is protecting the ...... shall we say for want of a better word "the desperate".
Many times we have had guys on here, Phillipines, all kind of places, that are obviously desperate to the point of spending probably a years salary on a device that they think will, "change their luck".
Anyone, In my opinion who is manufacturing "LRL's" and selling to these kind of people, is in my opinion, a real low life.
I've had more than a few (so have others, Carl for instance) of these "LRL's" apart, and there is NOTHING inside one that serves any meaningful purpose whatsoever.
Just take a little look around the net........ the evidence for them being just a load of garbage by FAR outweighs anything that has EVER been found with them.
I'm sure there are a few owners of these things that HAVE got lucky, but that's all thats happened.
Every time one of these sellers and manufacturers is challenged to prove that their device works.... well, as you know, they go running for the hills.
The latest of these scams seems now to be the "gold seeing camera".
Do you not think, IF (and it's a very BIG "IF") someone had invented one they would be selling it? No, they wouldn't! they would be out using it to clean up!
Things you will see in their advertising are such as it will find "micro" amounts of gold (size of a pinhead) etc....
Great get out clause that one...... just think about it.
As for the legendary "Omnitron"..... Did you hear about the guys who found "Noahs Ark" in Turkey with one? Caused a real stir at the time, the area got protected, all kinds of research.
Until, that is, they found the Kurdish workers who'd been paid to carry the timbers up!
Thing is see, the "discovery" of "Noahs Ark" made much more of a stir than the fact it was discovered to be a total fraud....... see how this is working now?
If you have plenty of money to waste on such devices..... go ahead... it doesn't bother me in the least, you'll get what you deserve.
What does bother me are those that sink their last earnings or savings into a desperate dream.
I'll say it now, every last one of these "LRL" manufacturers and sellers is a fraud..... so SUE ME!
Lets see how you get on in a U.K. court!
We currently have a Company being prosecuted for selling LR "Bomb" detectors to the military (which is just plain sick).
If you really want to mess about with dowsing or whatever, just get a couple of old coat hangers... There are instructions on the net.
Be sensible, let's not line the pockets of the fraudsters.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18606.msg121521.html#msg121521

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 05:52:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

There is a lot of truth in what you say. I can't say a thing contrary to your statement. That's not what I here to condone or promote. I don't think it's right to take advantage of people like that.

A lot of us made units and bought some items to work with, converted old test equipment or somehow ended up with a device of some sort. I'll never say all of them work. That is as foolish as saying all of them don't work.

However, some people with some units can achieve a level of success with the right methods. Some people --nothing.

How can you tell?? That's my main problem with the people that make the units. They should send you a trial unit, hold your money on deposit for 30 days, and then IF you can use it send you a new one when you return the trial unit, then use your money. That would seem fair and if the unit worked would be a good way to promote it and not gyp the ones that can't use it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18606.msg121542.html#msg121542

Offline Carl-NC
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

688.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

~175 models
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 09:53:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by fenixdigger
Here's my first exposure to a MFD.

I was always able to use rods to find water pipes and buried electric lines. One day a friend brought one over and we went outside. He asked me to locate something in the yard, so I hit the water line for him. He turned the machine on and told me to look again. This time nothing. It had knocked out the water pipe that I could find so easy before. He said i would only be able to locate whatever the machine was set for. That's very easy to try for anybody.

Again, this is self-deception. If you applied scientific rigor in testing the MFD, you would find that its "setting" plays no role. In fact, you would not even be able to determine whether it is turned on or not.

You seem to be quick to dismiss the value of scientific testing, which suggests to me that you're pretty sure none of these wonder devices will work when scientifically tested. Do you agree?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18606.msg121579.html#msg121579

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 04:15:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Carl;

Boy that would make it easy to explain. When I'm looking for Proof of something ,what satisfy's me is a lot different than what it takes for you. I'm out there for me.

I've described some of the testing we have done in the past and no one wants to accept the results. Not only were they done using people that had no idea of what we were doing, they were lied to sometimes about what result was expected and still hit the right one and would be upset they didn't get what we told them. That was enough for me since we did this many times  with different people in different places. I'm not out there on a scientific mission. I'm out there to find lost items and have fun. And I do.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18606.msg121626.html#msg121626

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: