[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2012, 07:59:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Okay!  I've been following this thread since it started, and I'm with Gozzo and Homie on this one!  If the dowsing tools are as effective as the dowsers claim, just show us some pictures of some of the targets that have been recovered while using them.  I don't care if it's an aluminum tab or a gold nugget...  please, just show us a few finds by dowsing units!!!

Just for background information,I'm slightly on the downside of middle as far as being a dowsing supporter.  My dad used to dowse water, and he was good at it and found it.  He had me try it when I was a teenager and the rod dipped in the same place his did.  Another time years later I and a friend were investigating using pendulums...  I found a nickel he had hidden before I showed up at the site.  Most other times I haven't found doodly squat using pendulums, L-rods, witching sticks, so on and so forth!  As a result, I'm not really a believer in dowsing...   but I did investigate it!            Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213345.html#msg213345

ArfieBoy

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:00:39 pm by ArfieBoy »

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2012, 11:09:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Arfieboy

I found your post slightly confusing ? With you saying your dad was a good water dowser, and you could dowse the same signals, and also some success with the pendulum.
 Then not being a believer in dowsing??

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213359.html#msg213359

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2012, 04:51:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Golden Boy I'll just for fairness and clarity state my experience with dowsing. i too had a Friend show me him locating water with some bent coat hangers. at the time I lived in a house that had a covered well,in the backyard. I then had a go and as i approached the well, the rods crossed now both my Friend and i knew the well was there. I tried to show the method to a Friend who was unaware of it and it didn't work for him. how ever my bigest grip with so called LR L's is this. the people who make these devices, make out ragoeus claims such as. put a sample of what your looking for in this box, it can be water paper rock scissors gold silver you name it and these " magical " boxes. are supposed to point to it. But they cant/wont show any proof. do a google search on " Ley lines " and you will see how these thing supposedly work. Pure random chance if you pick any compass bearing and follow it around the globe eventually you will find something. if you find it 1000km from where you start, they say "See isn't amazing the range " when you find nothing, the reply is you just need to practice more. they are a scam, just like psychics that go into a room with a few hundred people and start asking broad ranging questions till some twit, who desperately wants to believe falls for it then they say see i,m for real. being an Aussie I am sure you may have seen " The One " LR L's work the same way. the ONLY people I have ever seen that are relentless in saying these devices work are the ones selling them.
Keep on
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213378.html#msg213378

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2012, 10:13:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

I hardly qualify as an LRL dealer. More like an LRL donator. I've turned down about half the people who inquired about the RLR because I didn't think they would be able to learn to use one before they get frustrated and give up like every skeptic. (Last year I think I sold one rod.) I spent too many hours developing the rod to ever recover my expenses, not to mention the tools and parts and parts running/postage I bought to build them and the prototypes. I spend about four or five hours on each one. Just packaging and getting it off the the post office is another hour. If I got $500 each I would consider it just payment , but I only charge $125.

I realize there is a big misconception about dowsing, LRL's, and MFD's. I use MFD 99% of the time because it is so much more reliable. It might appear to the unlearned that it is the same as dowsing but my finds went up about ten times once I learned the MFD. And I am not interested in posting my finds. In the past I have listed a few items I found. The latest one was a white gold band this January in partially frozen ground. If you have ever tried to dig in frozen ground, well it is slow and cold. 

And the only reason I even mentioned the RLR is because someone asked about it in a PM. For a beginner I still recommend something like VR300-G that Vernell Electronics sells because the price is very low and it's all you really need. If you can't afford that, you are wasting everyone's time including your own.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213396.html#msg213396

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2012, 01:41:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gozzo, I have argued this subject to death, but the bottom line is i have torn a few people a new a$$ about these things and the lack of proof and LCastle has aked for advice and everyone has given there views, but he asked and now he has to choose who he listerns too, Be it well seasoned treasure hunters, Gold prospectors, or people who walk a differant road such as Mike now LCastle has all the ansewers he's just got to sift through them,

We can't shut things down coz we dont agree with it because we all have the right to free speech
plus the fact I would mis out on all of RO's humour.
nower days i like to see which way the person  doing the asking goes when he gets all the info.
its good to debate, bit like Fords and Holdens or VB and Fosters and XXXX

I'm with you here but its members like to talk about what ever, and thats a good thing and fun
this place is the most fun you can have with ya pants,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213424.html#msg213424

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2012, 06:31:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi goldnboy.  Didn't mean to confuse anyone.  I'm not a believer because my personal results have always been inconsistent.  In fact I would have to say the results have been highly and significantly inconsistent!  Mostly, I have either not found anything at all, or there was nothing where the rods, etc. indicated something to be.   I would say that my success rate was less than 5%!

That is not statistically convincing evidence for me!                 Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213488.html#msg213488

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2012, 11:02:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hey guy's im all for free speech, but like everyone else when asked for my opinion I give it. as to Mike taking this personally. that's his choice, i never said he was selling them. i am talking about the LRL industry. have a gander at some of the ones for sale on Ebay one is a calculator with an antenna. Until I see scientific proof, that is independent I will remain not a sceptic but a total non believer. To be honest, if someone wants to blow their cash on these devices, all power to them. but if someone asks me if i think they are b/s I think by now the answer to that one is clear.
Keep On
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213523.html#msg213523

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2012, 11:07:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

yeah Gozzo ya right there mate

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213524.html#msg213524

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2012, 12:03:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Just a rational observation here... but, an internet forum is NOT a forum for free speech. The speech can be sliced, spiced or julienned as moderators see fit.

Not pointing fingers here... but, lots of folks confuse posting on internet message boards as "free speech". Not the same things, Folks  ;o)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213534.html#msg213534

Offline Mike
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1357.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MFD, LRL, MD
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2012, 09:19:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's another low-cost device, but you have to supply your own sample. Give the guy a call for info. Y-YYY-YYY-YYYY

Link and phone Number Deleted  .  If the Gentleman wishes to advertise his goods, he can post them in the appropriate board.

homefire

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34916.msg213745.html#msg213745

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:42:25 pm by homefire »

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to: