[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline art3811Topic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 07, 2006, 01:19:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey John..Thanks for your interest. When your rods cross and your shoulders are in line with the LRL you are on he signal from it. Heres some general guide lines.

On one of my LRL's...You set the unit up and turn it on. Wait about 10 minutes to let all the signal lines establish and settle down. On this unit the minimum distance is 50 feet. Signals can be found under 50 feet but they can not be trusted. Walk out 50 feet and start walking a circle around the positive antenna clip marking each signal line as you go. You don't have to walk a full circle. I usually stop when  I have 10 or 12 signals marked. The book say's to move out another 50 feet and start another circle. I don't do this as I know that I can follow the signal line from the first set of markers.

I then go to each marker and made sure that my heels are perfectly lined up with the signal when my rods are crossed. This is where you have to know for sure that your arms. hands and feet are in the same place each time your rods cross. I then check each signal again and determine which ones I want to follow and which ones I want to eliminate.

I then turn 90 degrees and follow the signal line toward the target using a straight line or an S pattern. When you get to the target the rods will cross. ON this unit the signal line will stop at target. Mark at the inside of your heel and turn 90 degrees and adjusting your feet until the rods are locked, mark it. Keep turning 90 degrees and adjusting for the entire 360 degrees. That's where the target is.

Stand on the target spot facing the direction that you were going on the original circle. Inch your way away from the target. The rods will open. When they close to a vee mark the spot. The distance from this spot to the target is the depth of the target. If less than a foot it is usually close to the top.

My other LRL works almost the same. The signal line goes throuht the target and keeps going. The minimum distance is 20 feet. When you walk your 20 foot circle and mark the signal line you drop one rod to your side. The other rod should point in the direction of the target. Drop that rod to your side and bring the other one up. It should point to the target also.

This is how these two units work for me. For my son when he comes to a signal line and the target is less than 15 feet from him both rods will point to it. When they cross on a signal line, when he walks away from it the rods will open back at him. So you have to practice and learn what the rods are going to do for you.

I have some diagrams that are helpful so let me know and I will send them to you.....Art

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg368.html#msg368

Offline Johns_Detectors
Copper Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA !
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 04:17:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ok Art and Dell thank you for the info and instructions. Yes Art I would be interested in seeing your diagrams or data for your particular units. Actually I did go out into the field with a fellow that was using the rods by themselves and I saw them cross at a certain point. He said he felt he had established a good line. He also felt sure that a small ELF receiver I had built was going to help in his quest for a supposed buried Spanish treasure at this location. Ok Art and Dell chat to y'all later and God Bless.

John Tomlinson, CET
John's Detectors
Best Little Detector Shop in Texas ! Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg372.html#msg372

JOHN'S DETECTORS
Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro, Detector Pro, C-Scope, Fisher, SunRay, Trinity-Bowl and more

Please Register or Login

www.johnsmetaldetectors.com

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:00:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

following the signal line...The way I practice this is to stake a rope, string or what ever in a North-South or East-West direction. I place an object at one end. You can walk an S and the rods will cross each time you cross the line. Some thing to remember is that the rod that is farthest from the signal line will always point to the line. When following a direct route to the target if you move your hands closer together until the rods form a vee with the tips 3 inches apart you can walk a lot straighter line to the object. This takes a lot of practice.
{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg377.html#msg377
URL

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:43:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

On the depth of a target...I have a target buried 2 feet. Knowing that the rods will will show the depth when two feet from the target I have that spot marked. My rods form a vee at two feet. Your the only one that can tell what the rods are doing for you{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg386.html#msg386
URL

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 01:38:58 pm by art3811 »
Offline Chris
Copper Member

Sometimes the truth hurts but it's still the truth
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:34:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

That's the Bishop's Rule, method of depthing when dowsing.  It's been around since the early 1900s.

Unfortunately, no dowser and no LRL manufacturer has ever provided evidence or data to suggest that a buried target gives off corona or a tangible field of any type.

Sorry...  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg387.html#msg387

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 11:35:36 am by Chris »

---Chris

"WHAT CAN'T BE DONE, CAN BE LIED ABOUT"

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 01:24:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for giving me the name of the rule. To prove that objects emit some thing is simple to prove.

Please Register or Login. If you want some technical junk check the elements perodical tables. It seems they do emit a signal and even gives the freq of each. The cone, corona or halo is there and can be found with a set of L-rods. I guess you technical people can't understand simple things..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg389.html#msg389

Offline dowserbill
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%

306.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 01:45:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I use a custom made unit that does not use the bishop rule. What it appears to do it received a true signal directly over the buried target. but then I cannot use depthing!  BP

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg390.html#msg390

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 03:02:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey BP....I should make my post a little clearer. When I check the depth I am just plain old dowsing. They are natural signals. It has nothing to do with my LRL...Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg392.html#msg392

Offline Johns_Detectors
Copper Member

GOD BLESS AMERICA !
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 03:09:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Art, thank you for the diagrams and telling us what your methods are in the use of LRL/MFD instruments. I noticed that when you drew the pattern that you walk, it resembles a sinewave. Hello Dell and I hope all is well with you. Looks like you had a hard day in the pic of you. Ok CU guys later and God Bless.

John Tomlinson, CET

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg393.html#msg393

JOHN'S DETECTORS
Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro, Detector Pro, C-Scope, Fisher, SunRay, Trinity-Bowl and more

Please Register or Login

www.johnsmetaldetectors.com

Offline Chris
Copper Member

Sometimes the truth hurts but it's still the truth
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 03:54:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by {author}
Thanks for giving me the name of the rule. To prove that objects emit some thing is simple to prove.

You are worse than just confused, you are terribly wrong.

Confusing (mixing) real scientific terminology and jargon with dowsing, has always been a favorite ploy of not only the advocates, but also the LRL scammers and professional Wallet Miners.

The "marks" in this ploy fall for that con "hook-line-and-sinker" --but that fact alone does not prove that objects emit anything that a dowser is responding to.

Mixing information from the Periodic Chart with what happens when an ideomotor response happens is mixing oil and water --it won't work.

Please Register or Login

Please reread the above, and eliminate your confusion.  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,100.msg400.html#msg400

---Chris

"WHAT CAN'T BE DONE, CAN BE LIED ABOUT"

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: