[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline FlorinTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Referrals: 0

310.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

jeosonar3d
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:16:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

VR-800    is this unit deserving to be build it, if not which is the pest one in this kind of Dowsing LRLS rods

regards :Florin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg90928.html#msg90928

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

vr800_1 ?????????? ??????.jpg

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:22:56 pm by Florin, Reason: the picture »
Offline Aventurier
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Algeria

26.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

megapulseIII
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:34:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi florin

Wait until the passing of experts to give you the right answer

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg119554.html#msg119554

Offline Gold24K
Copper Member

Gold is healing
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Home build PI
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:13:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Florin
VR-800    is this unit deserving to be build it, if not which is the pest one in this kind of Dowsing LRLS rods

regards :Florin

If you want to build your own it is fairly simple. Build yourself a signal generator that will generate square wave signals. frequency range of about 4 Khz to 80 Khz. A 4047 chip I found is best for this. Output one leg of the square wave to ground and the other to an antenna. Be able to mount the antenna/ground system so you can stick the ground side in the earth/ground.

Make yourself some dowsing rods. L-rods are best, Get some 1/8" welding rods (some like stainless steel, others like brass) and put a 90 Degree bend in them and mount them so they swing freely in some pvc pipe. You are ready. Cost about $10. Don't waste your hard earned money any the expensive ones. They don't work any better.

Best dowsing freq for Au is 5 Khz and silver is about 87 Khz. If you don't care about silver just make the sig gen for easy adjustment around 5 khz. You can use a meter with a frequency capability to check freq.

Read up on dowsing and have at it.
Gold24K

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg119689.html#msg119689

Gold24K

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 04:40:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Gold24K
If you want to build your own it is fairly simple. Build yourself a signal generator that will generate square wave signals. frequency range of about 4 Khz to 80 Khz. A 4047 chip I found is best for this. Output one leg of the square wave to ground and the other to an antenna. Be able to mount the antenna/ground system so you can stick the ground side in the earth/ground.

Make yourself some dowsing rods. L-rods are best, Get some 1/8" welding rods (some like stainless steel, others like brass) and put a 90 Degree bend in them and mount them so they swing freely in some pvc pipe. You are ready. Cost about $10. Don't waste your hard earned money any the expensive ones. They don't work any better.

Best dowsing freq for Au is 5 Khz and silver is about 87 Khz. If you don't care about silver just make the sig gen for easy adjustment around 5 khz. You can use a meter with a frequency capability to check freq.

Read up on dowsing and have at it.
Gold24K

That's all well and good but what are your indications that you found something and when you do find something, how do you locate it?

Yes, you might put out some frequency or other into the area surrounding your antenna but what use is it? My cell phone does that by accident already. So does my wristwatch. Neither of them can locate a treasure. Well, maybe Apple has a hack for that using the iPhone.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg119697.html#msg119697

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:42:20 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Gold24K
Copper Member

Gold is healing
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Home build PI
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 09:20:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Goldigger,
I never said that this would work or how to use it. I told the person to learn how to use it and there are plenty of sources to get info. There is no difference between the simple circuit that I mentioned and the $1000s LRL that are mostly overpriced scams. I was just trying to save the person a lot of money.The person was asking about the VR-800. If he wants to try dowsing leave him alone. One learns by doing. Get off your crusade. Dowsing does work. That has been proven thousands of times.

You obvious don't get it. Dowsing only works as good as the dowsers ability. So let the dowsers have their fun. Who knows, the person could end of being being a really good dowser.
Gold24K

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg119716.html#msg119716

Gold24K

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 09:38:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Who knows, the person could end of being being a really good dowser.

No such thing but thank for the grin.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg119718.html#msg119718

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 10:14:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Gold24K
Goldigger,
I never said that this would work or how to use it. I told the person to learn how to use it and there are plenty of sources to get info. There is no difference between the simple circuit that I mentioned and the $1000s LRL that are mostly overpriced scams. I was just trying to save the person a lot of money.The person was asking about the VR-800. If he wants to try dowsing leave him alone. One learns by doing. Get off your crusade. Dowsing does work. That has been proven thousands of times.

You obvious don't get it. Dowsing only works as good as the dowsers ability. So let the dowsers have their fun. Who knows, the person could end of being being a really good dowser.
Gold24K

Until you can prove dowsing works, it doesn't. There's not much more that can be said about it. What kills the idea that dowsing works at all is the fact that the results are the same statistically as pure luck would be.

I'm telling you the truth here when I say that nobody wants dowsing to be a proven technique than I do. I just know that so far, it has not ever been proven to work under scientific scrutiny. When it has been proven to work and becomes a proven technique, I promise you I will endorse it. Until then, you've got no chance of any positive comments from me on dowsing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg119720.html#msg119720

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 12:29:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

HI All
 GD CAN YOU TELL ME HOW A SPIDER SPINS HIS WEB ??   Scientificly Huh?
 Gd luck with that, Then can you tell me it doesnt happen ? lol 
 Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg120644.html#msg120644

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 02:41:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
   HI All
 GD CAN YOU TELL ME HOW A SPIDER SPINS HIS WEB ??   Scientificly Huh?
 Gd luck with that, Then can you tell me it doesnt happen ? lol 
 Cool

Don't ask a nonsensical question to deflect my comments. Long range locators and dowsing do not work. Spiders have nothing to do with it. Your money is hard to come by. Keep it in your pocket. Don't waste it on snake oil and dreaming.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg120818.html#msg120818

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 09:21:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi all
 GD the spider makes a web, How it works may not be known or understood well. But the web is there. Ive used L rods with positive results backed up scientifically  Cool
 I haven't used MDF but would like to try. Snake oil is used today in cosmetics, this is also probably backed up scientifically   Cool Perhaps you can try again with some L rods good luck  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121065.html#msg121065

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: