[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 09:49:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Hi all
 GD the spider makes a web, How it works may not be known or understood well. But the web is there. Ive used L rods with positive results backed up scientifically  Cool
 I haven't used MDF but would like to try. Snake oil is used today in cosmetics, this is also probably backed up scientifically   Cool Perhaps you can try again with some L rods good luck  Cool

I know how a spider makes a web. I don't have any inclination to teach you how a spider makes a web. Biology is one of the science disciplines. One of the easier ones to understand.

What kind of scientific scrutiny was used to prove your dowsing? You brought it up so am I wrong to assume you might describe it to those who are interested?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121070.html#msg121070

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:52:32 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 01:35:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK GD, Show me the spider web you can make ??  Cool
 My locate was A copper pipe  below concrete. I used a pipe locator to confirm the pipe location.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121090.html#msg121090

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 02:23:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
OK GD, Show me the spider web you can make ??  Cool
 My locate was A copper pipe  below concrete. I used a pipe locator to confirm the pipe location.

Don't be silly. I'd hire a spider to make one. All it takes is one juicy bug and he's my slave. Besides, making one wasn't the challenge. You challenged me as to knowing how it is made. I do know. It's all in Biology 101.

As to your find, you said it was scientifically proven. How did you confirm it using scientific scrutiny? Using a detector isn't proving that you found it using dowsing. That's just another silly notion on your part. It just proves to me you didn't have confidence in your guess as to where it was. Outside scrutiny is required with you being tested completely.

Scientific scrutiny would be me, or someone else, burying a pipe in a large expanse of sand like the beach. Then, you go there not knowing where the pipe is and find it using dowsing. If you found it in a basement, front lawn or other location like that, your intuition about how pipes are buried would be how you found it, not dowsing. Find it under my conditions in acres of sand and I'd get down on one knee and apologize to you while admitting that dowsing does work. That's a safe wager because it will never happen.

A friend of mine had a house where the drain pipe under his bathroom floor for the bathtub was leaking and seeping into the carpet. We looked things over and decided that the pipe, which was plastic, ran from point A to point B by a good guess. There were no house plans available. With my compressor and an impact drill, we opened his concrete slab and located the pipe precisely where we assumed it would have to be. No magic. No dowsing. Repair done.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121096.html#msg121096

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:29:38 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline fenixdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Anderson rod, Aurora Aqua, E-scope, Examiner, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 11:40:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good job. If I could guess like that, I would look into a job as a weight guesser at the carny.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121157.html#msg121157

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 01:05:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's another true story. A friend is a Plumbing contractor. With all the logic and intuition at their disposal, his men were unable to probe and  find a PVC pipe that was supposed to run under the manicured lawn from the house down to the boat dock.

A loss of time, is a loss of money. They eventually had to bring in a Backhoe, that dug and damaged the lawn to find the pipe.  Final cost, $30,000.

I've located & traced  buried PVC many times with a simple non electronic PVC locator I built.

Members of the Skeptic group tell me that it is impossible to detect PVC pipe in this manner. I say, Skeptics and Nay sayers be dammed. " What has already been done, can be done.

Golddigger, Nice going in guessing the carpet was probably getting wet because of a leak in the plumbing under the floor. Logical reasoning when you recognize the facts can be an asset, with, or without a degree in Science, or engineering.   Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121172.html#msg121172

"WHAT HAS BEEN DONE, CAN BE DONE"

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 03:43:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Dell_Winders
Here's another true story. A friend is a Plumbing contractor. With all the logic and intuition at their disposal, his men were unable to probe and  find a PVC pipe that was supposed to run under the manicured lawn from the house down to the boat dock.

A loss of time, is a loss of money. They eventually had to bring in a Backhoe, that dug and damaged the lawn to find the pipe.  Final cost, $30,000.

I've located & traced  buried PVC many times with a simple non electronic PVC locator I built.

Members of the Skeptic group tell me that it is impossible to detect PVC pipe in this manner. I say, Skeptics and Nay sayers be dammed. " What has already been done, can be done.

Golddigger, Nice going in guessing the carpet was probably getting wet because of a leak in the plumbing under the floor. Logical reasoning when you recognize the facts can be an asset, with, or without a degree in Science, or engineering.   Dell

A PVC detector? Do tell.

Dell, only you would think that finding the water was the issue. We estimated where the pipe should be, drew a line on the concrete from beginning to end and it was exactly there. No degree required but knowing a bit about design and layout helped a lot. No dowsing required. No magic boxes required. Just an air hammer and a new piece of PVC.

In an addendum to that, the PVC pipe was cracked, probably by one of the concrete worker's boots. Eventually, the water seeping into the concrete made itself known. A new piece of PVC, a batch of concrete, the carpet cleaned and dried - all up, a $60.00 repair (including the cost of a diamond wheel cutter for the re-bar) versus a quote by a plumber of $800.00 or more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121196.html#msg121196

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 03:48:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Again! Congratulations on a job well done.  Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121199.html#msg121199

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 03:50:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

So Dell,
When are you actually going to prove something instead of running away all the time?
You really ought to get into secondhand car sales the way you can bend things around.
I'll repeat that again....... PROVE IT!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121201.html#msg121201

Offline Dell_Winders
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male

2355.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 03:57:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What's to prove, Paul?

I don't care if you believe it or not.    Dell

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121208.html#msg121208

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 04:06:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yeah...... Kinda thought that would be the kind of reply from you...
Interesting............
Just remember Dell.... what goes around comes around..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14248.msg121211.html#msg121211

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: